Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, Waltny said:

I had a guy in line for Diamondback on passholder night tell me with the upmost "authority" that the giga will be 345 feet and anyone that doesnt know that... well I guess your not paying attention. 

Although I would not take that particular comment seriously,  I would not think 345 ft is out of the realm of possibility. That's a mere 20 feet higher than the last B&M giga,  the excellent Fury 325.

That also would be very marketable in that the coaster world likely be near 100 mph. A 100 mph top speed from gravity alone would be VERY impressive and very marketable.

• Like 5

seeing what Cedar Fair did to frontier Canada & the copperhead strike area  gives me the impression that theming (No I’m not implying Disney level theming) has become of somewhat importance and because of that if the new coaster goes into X-Base I’d not be surprised if that area gets a re-theming and a major overhaul. I very much like the direction that CedarFair has been heading these past few years.

• Like 4

Just now, flightoffear1996 said:

We are very lucky Flight of Fear is still at Kings Island.  

Why are we lucky? Not trying to be rude just curious. Was it supposed to go to carowinds? (thought I heard that a long time ago not really sure though)

• Like 1

^Yes, ours shut down completely for a period of time several years ago in preparation to be moved.  IIRC, the Cedar Fair takeover was what stopped the coaster from being moved.

(edit: maybe it was KDs it was so long ago I got them switched)

I’m pretty sure several pages back someone mentioned if our station was in that spot behind Racer it would have to turn out of the station which hasn’t been done before.  I was thinking and Leviathan up at CW makes a 180 degree turn right out of the station.  Ours would only have to make a 45 degree turn.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

^Yes, ours shut down completely for a period of time several years ago in preparation to be moved.  IIRC, the Cedar Fair takeover was what stopped the coaster from being moved.

(edit: maybe it was KDs it was so long ago I got them switched)

It was Kings Dominion’s. It’s long been rumored that ours was next to be relocated/rethemed but I’ve had that officially debunked by Craig Ross.

• Like 1

Here is something of interest I found digging through the Warren County auditor's website. This is a memo listed under Kings Island's property profile. No date noted, but it seems to be fairly recent, take a look:

SEE: JEFF GRAMKE 754-5761 E-MAIL SMALL  
JEFF.GRAMKE@VISITKINGSISLAND.COM  
SEE ALSO RTG 16C-2-22 FOR WAVE POOL +  
03/16/15 PARCEL SPLIT: 1202691 ROADWAY  
TY 18: VALUE INCLUDES N/C & RAZINGS.  
5/29/18 #100 W/JEFF GRAMKE  
18-78 CELL TOWER C/C $15,000  
18-44 ENTRY BLDG/MARKETING C/C $35,000 
18-70 SPRINKLERS 'CONEY BBQ' $73M  
18-433 FDN 'DORMITORY' $3.5 MILL  
18-734 SHELL/INTERIOR 'DORMS' $3.5 MILL
18-530 REC CENTER FOR 'DORMS' $400,000.
18-756 Halloween Haunt MAZES $25M REAL? 
18-900 NEW ANTIQUE AUTOS C/C $500,000  
18-978 PICNIC SHELTER (Coke MACHINES)  
C/C $100,000  
18-1007 DEMO OF 'Firehawk'

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

$73 million for sprinklers at Coney BBQ? Those must be some nice sprinklers

Yeah what’s the scoop on that? What in the world would the park be spending $73 million on lol

I can’t think of a single upgrade that would fit. Not even a roller coaster, $73million is way too much for that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Yeah what’s the scoop on that? What in the world would the park be spending $73 million on lol

I can’t think of a single upgrade that would fit. Not even a roller coaster, $73million is way too much for that

My thoughts exactly. Plus $25M for haunt...

• Like 2

I’ve gone through the Notice of commencement and listed companies  that seem likely to be involved with the coaster. B&M (Obviously), Fenton Rigging (Construction), Baynum (On site painting work),ASHLEE FENCE ENTERPRISES(Fence work, they did Invertigo), Exhibit 3 fabrications (Ride plaza sign), Beacon Electric (Did work with Banshee), Reflect Systems (Giftshop display, Queue TVs?) One company not on the notice is TRA design, since they design things they likely won’t need to be listed. They have designed several stations for Cedar Fair.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

Its obviously going to be a new water ride..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's a lazy river surrounding Coney BBQ, a revolutionary new dining experience. :D 

• Haha 1

When you spend $73 million on sprinklers but only spend $400,000 on a rec room:

image.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

https://www.google.com/search?q=kings+island+logo&safe=active&rlz=1CAACBB_enUS844&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=cApm29-t4u8qkM%3A%2C7itbp9wqLkNG5M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRy577UR0sxB7lfgZaodPl81ELvhg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjourjoh-vhAhVNT98KHd0bAdkQ9QEwAHoECAcQBA#imgrc=cApm29-t4u8qkM:

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

It's a lazy river surrounding Coney BBQ, a revolutionary new dining experience. :D 

Here's what you do, fill the river with BBQ sauce instead of water. Now THAT'S revolutionary.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

I’ve gone through the Notice of commencement and listed companies  that seem likely to be involved with the coaster. B&M (Obviously), Fenton Rigging (Construction), Baynum (On site painting work),ASHLEE FENCE ENTERPRISES(Fence work, they did Invertigo), Exhibit 3 fabrications (Ride plaza sign), Beacon Electric (Did work with Banshee), Reflect Systems (Giftshop display, Queue TVs?) One company not on the notice is TRA design, since they design things they likely won’t need to be listed. They have designed several stations for Cedar Fair.

I talked about this a little (a lot) in my first post on this site, though FH ended up demolished. 

Tony Ravagnani does some pretty awesome work. I've done several Cedar Fair projects with him. 

0826e229833e24bb9da5c6c14d8f8138.jpg

So the Red is what is already cleared. There are selectively saved trees in this area so I have a feeling this is where the station and que will go.

It will be interesting to see if we extend into the blue or yellow. I think we will need to see clearing in these two areas for this to be a Giga and drop into the old SoB area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

I talked about this a little (a lot) in my first post on this site, though FH ended up demolished. 

Tony Ravagnani does some pretty awesome work. I've done several Cedar Fair projects with him. 

Yeah good work, but since the construction of Antique autos & I Street Reno a lot of those names on that list are able to be crossed out. In hindsight the international street renovation seemed somewhat likely (Or some part of the park receiving a renovation) based off of some of the names on the list (Trident for example did the fountains, there’s companies listed that do work with pavers ect)

Path of least resistance, if they did indeed want to get to the SOB plot. Just over a mile there and that's with no detours, helixes, nor accounting for the up and down of the track. Granted, we are waaaaay too early in the process and Friday it could all change with more clearing, but I'm really starting to lean on this being the general layout we end up seeing. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 10.05.19 AM.png

• Like 3

When you spend $73 million on sprinklers but only spend $400,000 on a rec room:
image.png.948f3758239991088225e2baa9be1972.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
https://www.google.com/search?q=kings+island+logo&safe=active&rlz=1CAACBB_enUS844&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=cApm29-t4u8qkM%3A%2C7itbp9wqLkNG5M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kRy577UR0sxB7lfgZaodPl81ELvhg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjourjoh-vhAhVNT98KHd0bAdkQ9QEwAHoECAcQBA#imgrc=cApm29-t4u8qkM:

Here's what you do, fill the river with BBQ sauce instead of water. Now THAT'S revolutionary.

And stinky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• malem locked this topic