Decoding 2020

fryoj

28 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I found this video. I know it won't be Intamin, but I love the theming and colors of this ride. I love the arrow type lights that travel down the drop.

Sign me up...I love Intamins

• Like 2

On 5/12/2019 at 12:24 PM, fryoj said:

The "ravine" everyone keeps quoting is only a 20 ft drop from the station height. And it is over near where the second hill is, and not at the base of the first drop. The "ravine" is shown in this pic below. It's less a revine and more of a swell. 

59481559_2334765706769034_30579983022272

if you go on the blue prints and look closely, you can see the steel columns and see where the drop is, if you line those up it shows the drop goes into the ravine.

6 hours ago, Sorner said:

I believe the layout to be legit. The anticipation is killing me. It’s only May?? No teasers yet?? Not even footings! (Footers, whatever). Kills me knowing it will all be speculation until we get an announcement in probably early August. 

If you look very close, you can see markers for footers.

footersmarkers.PNG

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

if you go on the blue prints and look closely, you can see the steel columns and see where the drop is, if you line those up it shows the drop goes into the ravine.

If you look very close, you can see markers for footers.

footersmarkers.PNG

I thought those were cones marking storm drains and stuff like that.

• Like 4

That was the consensus when these pics came out.
Maybe the first week or two but now that I take the time and look it really does look like there is more marked what was there previously... I'll have to go back and pull some images from the first 2 weeks to confirm and I'll post them.. and maybe we can get more clearer pictures Wednesday

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Codyfryguy said:

I was looking back at some of the older posts and I was scanning over the plans that were filed back in August of last year that have B&M listed on it and found that there was 2 electric company's listed as well.

Beacon worked on Banshee

And Denier Electric company that worked on Diamondback and Drop Tower

I know that those plans are for a 3 year time span and there have been various upgrades done to the park lighting and overall appearance. But if the project was big enough do you think they would have 2 different companies working on the same project?92534c9e74e5b0444e99653fbed35988.jpg

I would really say that it all depends on the Bids of what it is all for as well as if they tied on the Bid allowing for them to have a big enough job to allow two companies to bargain in on one job. To my knowledge most bids only higher one company for one job but who knows. 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I found this video. I know it won't be Intamin, but I love the theming and colors of this ride. I love the arrow type lights that travel down the drop.

I kind of wish this design went straight through the building so the whole queue could watch it soar by. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I thought those were cones marking storm drains and stuff like that.

hmm that could be it also but this is probably where the station is going to be and on the layout they mostly focus on the station so they are probably finished designing and ready to put footers in

18 hours ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Mental exercise time - pull up your phone and let 8-10 seconds go by on your stopwatch and think about how long that is on a roller coaster.

That photo of the layout from that perspective makes it look so short

well of course there gonna make it fit in that plot of cleared land so far

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Codyfryguy said:

Maybe the first week or two but now that I take the time and look it really does look like there is more marked what was there previously... I'll have to go back and pull some images from the first 2 weeks to confirm and I'll post them.. and maybe we can get more clearer pictures Wednesday

I was there last night.. there are a lot more cones and markers set in that area then previously. No pics cause I saw them from blue racer.. which is somewhat rideable now without causing spinal injury lol

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

Am I the only one who still sees this being shared while scrolling through Facebook? emoji2357.pngbdc7ac50b477fb62315a1c226b1030fb.jpg

Just today at work my Uncle whips his phone out and says his kid sent him the new coaster on FB I said no way I'm on a Kings Island forum and no one knows, but he insisted I watch and yeah it was that video.. I still think he believes that is it SMH

• Like 5

After lots of scrolling and going back and forth between pictures it does look like there are stakes in the ground I marked the ones that I could make out with arrows
first picture is the most recent
The second is from 5-3
And the third is from opening dayf9a1f635e13b54fe6f46646b70ea87fa.jpg409f57ddd91d75a8567e2a54473f493a.jpgdf000d3e0d98ecb3756a241bf537a60e.jpg

• Like 4

I have been thinking, if the leaked layout is real, that would mean the blueprint for the footings would be complete as well. Why would they only file a partial blueprint? They sure wouldn't do it to keep the couple of hundred KIC members from finding them...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

yeah the leaked layout could just be for the station making, it could be a random layout just for example for the people making the station

That's a great point. The station looks extremely detailed while the rest of the ride has little details. Why would you bother detailing the rest of it's just for the station? 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, fryoj said:

OK. Take the posted image and make an equally detailed alternate layout that also matches the clearing and the city blueprints. Since it's that easy. 

The Blueprints we had for MT were just of the footers for one side of the reservoir crossing. There just happened to be an overall project layout on the page to show area of work. KI probably learned their lesson about having that image on them, but didn't expect someone else to leak it. 

Why would I do that? I never said it would be easy, in fact I implied the exact opposite. People have gone much farther before than what the leaked layout would take and CAD software isn't difficult to come by. I maintain that the complexity and time investment required doesn't rule out the possibility the layout is fake.

You should also note that I haven't taken a position on the legitimacy of the leaked layout.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, befat said:

B&M (almost) always starts construction with the transfer track, station, and lift. So if KI could try to avoid the layout going public for a little while by filing a partial print, why wouldn’t they? If I remember correctly, there was construction going on all over the layout for MT from the beginning which could explain why they had to file the full print of the layout.

You mean like a layout plan being issued to the contractors doing the clearing / grade work that is likely to be leaked? You think they might anticipate that and release a "phase 1" printset that looks complete to start the project while mitigating leaks. Yep, that's just crazy talk ;)

• Like 2

Exactly who would have leaked the layout? Why would somebody who signed a NDA risk being found out and sued by the park/lose their job so they can leak some plans that only coaster nerds care about at this point. All of this while getting ZERO credit/compensation because they have to remain anonymous?

• Like 9

1 minute ago, presto123 said:

Exactly who would have leaked the layout? Why would somebody who signed a NDA risk being found out and sued by the park/lose their job so they can leak some plans that only coaster nerds care about at this point. All of this while getting ZERO credit/compensation because they have to remain anonymous?

Sometimes people "in the know" get a little comfortable and leave things laying around, or share passwords, or whatever.  That's my guess.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Because they are nerds too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Sometimes people "in the know" get a little comfortable and leave things laying around, or share passwords, or whatever.  That's my guess.  

This is true.  Although only a few people were aware of the EXACT specifications of the “Kingdom 6” back in the day.  The rides managers gossiped about it to the supervisors who then gossiped it to the leads.  I knew the types of rides that were coming out of that scenario, just not the exact models.

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic