Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FoF96" said:

This is true.  Although only a few people were aware of the EXACT specifications of the “Kingdom 6” back in the day.  The rides managers gossiped about it to the supervisors who then gossiped it to the leads.  I knew the types of rides that were coming out of that scenario, just not the exact models.

I just think about the times before you could easily get blueprints and permits... plus things that wouldn't appear on those anyway.  The details that we knew about Italian Job were incredible.  We knew the manufacturer, about the parking garage, fire, etc.  All of this comes from people telling those who probably shouldn't know.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta say, I am seriously enjoying the levels of conspiracy and mystery surrounding the hype for this ride.

”Giga-Gate” has gotta be one of the most contentious lead-ins to a ride announcement and I’m loving it lmao

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish someone from the park would come out and just say the leaked layout is fake, and they got something way better and are going to break records!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

I gotta say, I am seriously enjoying the levels of conspiracy and mystery surrounding the hype for this ride.

”Giga-Gate” has gotta be one of the most contentious lead-ins to a ride announcement and I’m loving it lmao

It's only going to get better from here. 

#OpLilGiga

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fryoj said:

OK. Take the posted image and make an equally detailed alternate layout that also matches the clearing and the city blueprints. Since it's that easy. 

To be fair, he never said nor implied that it was "easy."

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody been by Clermont Steel Fabricators lately? I just want to know what the color scheme of this ride might be! LOL!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Has anybody been by Clermont Steel Fabricators lately? I just want to know what the color scheme of this ride might be! LOL!

Primer...bc their on a budget

  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

Primer...bc their on a budget

If they just leave it with the grey primer, Kings Island will become the new Six Flags!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would just like to present my view points about the "leaked layout" that I am unsure of. 

1) Out of all the companies that have access to the proprietary CAD file, I would assume that only people of management type (or in general not you average laborer) have access to said file.

2) Assuming my first point then we have to accept that somebody with a decent amount of responsibility within their company who would also know the repercussions elected to leak the files on KIC

3) I'm not sure what the "leaker" stood to gain from their actions especially when you take into account their nonchalant responses after their leak. They immediately acknowledged that people shouldn't look at it because it was private, and then essentially laughed at the person that questioned the validity of their leak. So they leak the layout, admit they did something wrong, and then stand by their error?

4) How did this person know to come to KIC only moments after the legitimate blueprints were shared with the community? It seems like an unbelievable lapse of judgement, almost premeditated which would mean this person working for whichever contractor potentially a member here.

5) Lastly are we to assume that of the few companies/people that have access to the CAD Files one vigilante decided to leak it here of no gain to themselves other than reeking havoc. 

I fully understand that the majority of the evidence points to the leaks being reliable, but I still have my reservations. I'm not calling for a full out conspiracy theory but there are some holes here maybe someone can answer them. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

I would just like to present my view points about the "leaked layout" that I am unsure of. 

1) Out of all the companies that have access to the proprietary CAD file, I would assume that only people of management type (or in general not you average laborer) have access to said file.

2) Assuming my first point then we have to accept that somebody with a decent amount of responsibility within their company who would also know the repercussions elected to leak the files on KIC

3) I'm not sure what the "leaker" stood to gain from their actions especially when you take into account their nonchalant responses after their leak. They immediately acknowledged that people shouldn't look at it because it was private, and then essentially laughed at the person that questioned the validity of their leak. So they leak the layout, admit they did something wrong, and then stand by their error?

4) How did this person know to come to KIC only moments after the legitimate blueprints were shared with the community? It seems like an unbelievable lapse of judgement, almost premeditated which would mean this person working for whichever contractor potentially a member here.

5) Lastly are we to assume that of the few companies/people that have access to the CAD Files one vigilante decided to leak it here of no gain to themselves other than reeking havoc. 

I fully understand that the majority of the evidence points to the leaks being reliable, but I still have my reservations. I'm not calling for a full out conspiracy theory but there are some holes here maybe someone can answer them. 

You make some valid points, but you greatly underestimate the number of designers / engineers that are required to have access to the full drawing set. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Codyfryguy said:

I was looking back at some of the older posts and I was scanning over the plans that were filed back in August of last year that have B&M listed on it and found that there was 2 electric company's listed as well.

Beacon worked on Banshee

And Denier Electric company that worked on Diamondback and Drop Tower

I know that those plans are for a 3 year time span and there have been various upgrades done to the park lighting and overall appearance. But if the project was big enough do you think they would have 2 different companies working on the same project?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

They'd likely only have one working on the coaster proper no matter how big it is. Now it's possible that one is doing the queue and one the coaster. 

4 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

if you go on the blue prints and look closely, you can see the steel columns and see where the drop is, if you line those up it shows the drop goes into the ravine.

 

 

 

It crosses the ravine. The black dot signifying the low point in that stretch is 3 contour lines up hill from that low point of the ravine. It's already on its way up before it gets to it. 

3 hours ago, JubJester said:

That's a great point. The station looks extremely detailed while the rest of the ride has little details. Why would you bother detailing the rest of it's just for the station? 

Not sure what else you want to see on the track portion, but it shows footers, supports and rail position throughout. It also has black dots and unreadable text(probably heights) at high and low spots. There really isn't more detail to show on a coaster.

1 hour ago, presto123 said:

Exactly who would have leaked the layout? Why would somebody who signed a NDA risk being found out and sued by the park/lose their job so they can leak some plans that only coaster nerds care about at this point. All of this while getting ZERO credit/compensation because they have to remain anonymous?

While the companies sign NDA's, I doubt every employee in the company does. Even if they do, I don't think a $10 an hour secretary right outta high school, or a $12-$15 an hour guy who ties rebar for a concrete company may not quite grasp what that NDA they signed means. Both might have seen the plans their company was contracted to work on. Or hell, take that some company who has a boss who's 15 year old kid loves roller coasters but hates dad, but dad thought he'd impress the kid by showing him what he's working on. That kid may not be able to grasp the trouble he'd get his dad in for posting that. "I'll just make a fake account an no one will know it was me". Theres probably 100+ people who have seen the layout so far and there could easily be as many reasons why they thought it would be fun to leak it. 

21 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Wish someone from the park would come out and just say the leaked layout is fake, and they got something way better and are going to break records!

They aren't even acknowledging that they are building anything at this point. They certainly aren't going to go out of their way to address this. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The leaker would not need access to CAD files unless they faked them. The leaker tried to post a pdf. The pdf could have been a part of a digital copy of the prints, or something they scanned from a paper copy. They wouldn't need CAD versions to do that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@fryoj You silly double poster you! :P

Just when you think the page is moving fast, it sputters..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fryoj said:

The leaker would not need access to CAD files unless they faked them. The leaker tried to post a pdf. The pdf could have been a part of a digital copy of the prints, or something they scanned from a paper copy. They wouldn't need CAD versions to do that. 

The most typical output of saving a cad file is well ofc a cad .dwg file, and right behind that PDF so it wouldnt suprise me that its a PDF export of the cad file. Not to mention it just looks like a cad drawing.

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

22 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

Primer...bc their on a budget

Or.. because its space themed.. they leave it gray to attract the "greys."

 

I have the perfect guy to announce this coaster- 

spacer.png

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bwb.32 said:

The most typical output of saving a cad file is well ofc a cad .dwg file, and right behind that PDF so it wouldnt suprise me that its a PDF export of the cad file. Not to mention it just looks like a cad drawing.

 

 

Exactly. Anything issued for actual work will be a pdf. The actual cad files will be reserved for the engineers and designers. Any markups will get made on pdf/paper and returned to the designer, to update the record prints (cad). 

So not only is a pdf not surprising, it's expected. 

The bigger question here is, do we have a full project, or do we have a phase 1 that is the bare minimum to start work. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the plans, unless Kings Island is going to have 2 B&M hypers, it's a giga.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, I'm caught up again lol

So, #1: Regarding correctly predicting things during past construction projects, I remember predicting there'd be an inversion where Banshee's Dive Loop currently stands... only I thought it would be a Euro-Fighter doing a cobra roll,

#2: That Intamin Giga concept seems like a combination of I305 and Millennium Force

#3: @magentalizard: That fireworks case also says Legend on it... hmmm lol

#4: What were/are the Kingdom 6?

#5: If Georgio will be at the announcement, it would sure be interesting... It'd be like a live episode of Ancient Aliens; give some historical backstory to lure people in and then BAM! Aliens lol :lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

Based on the plans, unless Kings Island is going to have 2 B&M hypers, it's a giga.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 

Is there any amusement park in the world that has 2 hypers made by the same manufacturer? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Unless you consider Griffon to be a hyper in spite of inverting elements.

Ironically however, its much taller than the traditional hyper Apollo's Chariot, which is a hyper classification because of its 200ft + drop.

That having said, B&M 'gigas' are still under their hyper model, as well as Goliath at La Ronde etc..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

 

#5: If Georgio will be at the announcement, it would sure be interesting... It'd be like a live episode of Ancient Aliens; give some historical backstory to lure people in and then BAM! Aliens lol :lol:

 

Is it possible Kings Island will be getting the best Giga ever?

 

Ancient Astronaut theorists say YES and have been decoding the plans...For 1000s of years.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not 100% sure, but I seriously doubt it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Hey all, I'm caught up again lol

 

#4: What were/are the Kingdom 6?

 

This was the year Kentucky Kingdom had “6 new rides” (2015) very loose on the term new.

1. Cyclos

2. Up Up and Away

3. T3 opening

4. Enterprise reopening 

5. Skycatcher

6. New 5D movie? 

The last one may be wrong but I remember thinking “um only a few of these are actually new”

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Can we assume based on the plans that this is going to be a giga? That’s the question. 

Thats a tough one. We do not know the radius of the top of the lift, so we are just making educated guesses based on the info included in the lift blueprints. Using Fury's and Leviathan's lifts for drop angle and radius, combined with the lift angle and footer locations, and the fact that the ground level is 10 ft higher at the peak than at the base, the math says the lift will not be 300 ft tall. 

That being said, I can't imagine that they won't call it a giga regardless what the numbers are. Even if it just a 301 ft drop, they'll use that as a selling point. Theres enough uncertainty in the peak geometry that it still is possible that it stands 300 ft. though. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its just odd to me that we are debating whether or not this coaster will even peak 300ft. Going over 300ft seems elementary for Cedar Fair nowadays.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the lift hill can be as steep as Valravn’s? 48 degrees I think?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe 100% everything people are saying about the height because everyone seems to be getting different height numbers. I can't really imagine it not being a giga because examining the footer blueprints as well as the lift supports, they line up with what the other two b&m gigas support structures are like. I don't think we've seen other B&M models use that type of structure. Unless it is B&M's first time using that support design on a wing or something, I'm like 90% sure it's a giga, but I do agree that it probably won't be taller than Fury at the moment. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Its just odd to me that we are debating whether or not this coaster will even peak 300ft. Going over 300ft seems elementary for Cedar Fair nowadays.

If it's not taller than 300 feet I will eat my shoe. 

If we get a 290 foot 4 wide B&M hyper, that will be one of the strangest choices Cedar Fair has ever made.

3 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

Maybe the lift hill can be as steep as Valravn’s? 48 degrees I think?

I don't see how that's possible. The backbone footer we have a blueprint for sets the backbone at 40 degrees.

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...