Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, SonofBaconator said:

A lot of renderings and concepts show that the coaster will have a steep drop but is it possible to go 90°? Is there anything in the blue prints that would say that a 90° drop is out of the question?

The footings blueprints show silhouettes of the lift supports. Lining those up in CAD with the footings coordinates do not make a 90° drop possible, assuming they're using a similar backbone structure like Fury/Levi. A 90° at this point would require a different backbone design (something similar to Hyperion's), but I don't think B&M is going to try something new here. 

With my CAD estimates, I'll say 84° is about as much as we're going to get, but it can certainly be in the 81-83° range as well. 

• Like 5

I’m team X-base expansion w/ winged coaster.

I don't see why we can't have a wing or a

dive that's also over 300 ft. Maybe it's just not technically possible yet? Idk. I also think those new spinning 4D coasters look fun! But if the "MC" track pieces people have spotted really are for us which I think they most likely are then it won't be either of those and will be a giga. I'm happy either way with anything honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tr0y said:

I’m team X-base expansion w/ winged coaster.

Have you ridden a winged coaster before?  For me they look like they would be a lot more fun than they actually turn out to be (I feel the same way about the dive coasters as well), but some people may love them.  

For me I would love to see a Mack multi launch or a ground up rmc for the next coaster at Kings Island.  Actually would love a launched top hat TTD style ride but I doubt that would ever happen.  

• Like 5

Went yesterday... employees playing it smooth but dont really know what they are talking about.

We went on Eiffel Tower. Guy at top says if you have ANY questions, just ask.

So I ask, what coaster are they building over there?

2 employees at same time said a Giga Wave Pool.

So I say,  oh, bigger than Cococay?

They were lost...

There is chatter in the waiting lines about Giga this, Giga that but also not everyone even knows there is a coaster missing either.

• Like 8

If that layout is any representation of what we'll actually get, it looks like it'll be a fun ride. I can see where people are coming from with it looking like Diamondback 2.0. But I doubt that'll bother me when it is all said and built. Beating records isn't something that goes through my head as I am going up the lift hill. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, shizzzon said:

Went yesterday... employees playing it smooth but dont really know what they are talking about. We went on Eiffel Tower. Guy at top says if you have ANY questions, just ask. So I ask, what coaster are they building over there?

The average employee isn't going to be in the know and even the select few who are wouldn't tell you. But a giga wave pool does sound like a blast. "The tide is high..." :D 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Just now, Joshua said:

The average employee isn't going to be in the know and even the select few who are wouldn't tell you. 

You'd be surprised..  When at CP, I've gotten employees to spill all kinds of things they've heard in meetings while waiting for rides to reopen for hours.  
You can easily tell when someone is hiding something or just plain not knowing.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KI_FAN_4_LIFE said:

Have you ridden a winged coaster before?  For me they look like they would be a lot more fun than they actually turn out to be (I feel the same way about the dive coasters as well), but some people may love them.  

For me I would love to see a Mack multi launch or a ground up rmc for the next coaster at Kings Island.  Actually would love a launched top hat TTD style ride but I doubt that would ever happen.  

While the only Winged Coaster I’ve ridden is Thunderbird, I would say it’s very fun, just wish it were a little longer.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

While the only Winged Coaster I’ve ridden is Thunderbird, I would say it’s very fun, just wish it were a little longer.

I've rode GateKeeper and Thunderbird.  

Is it just me or is the track for Thunderbird not feel like it's for a wing coaster?  Wing coaster suppose to make you feel like you are flying.  I rode Thunderbird 7x back to back last year on almost every seat arrangement and it felt like they slapped wing trains on a sit down ride.

• Like 4

The average employee isn't going to be in the know and even the select few who are wouldn't tell you. But a giga wave pool does sound like a blast. "The tide is high..."  

6999321cd399bf0e4499f7c1cafb7f7e.jpg
I remember being a TL at Kings Island, and this is all they told us when they were building Banshee. “We are building for the future” staffing speculate just as much as we do.

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

I've rode GateKeeper and Thunderbird.  

Is it just me or is the track for Thunderbird not feel like it's for a wing coaster?  Wing coaster suppose to make you feel like you are flying.  I rode Thunderbird 7x back to back last year on almost every seat arrangement and it felt like they slapped wing trains on a sit down ride.

Thunderbird is definitely the most intense of the wing coasters. It rides like a classic B&M sitdown during some of the elements. The zero g roll is the best I've ridden on a wing coaster. Nice and snappy . 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

This is precisely why I’ve been predicting a 320 plus drop which would break Fury’s record. Each one of those lines is 10 feet.
There is a 40 to 50 foot height drop from the Firehawk cleared area. 305 height 325 plus drop is my prediction and will be a world record holder.590e357247fbd8fe10b4875e4d54e61a.jpg

All depends on if the drop pullout can even fit there. I can’t tell from any of the photos posted

• Like 4

I rode the Blue Racer today and spotted what appeared to be an electrical line towards the WindSeeker end of the clearing. I don't remember seeing it in my previous visits. Was that their during Coasterstock? 

• Like 3

I rode the Blue Racer today and spotted what appeared to be an electrical line towards the WindSeeker end of the clearing. I don't remember seeing it in my previous visits. Was that their during Coasterstock? 

Believe it’s to get power to the haunt attract that is there. Believe I saw it last year.

• Like 2

Seems like they would have a better storage system/facility than just "new mega expensive, precisely milled, 30 million dollar coaster track piece is done....where do you want it boss"?

BOSS: "Just throw it out back somewhere".:lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Seems like they would have a better storage system/facility than just "new mega expensive, precisely milled, 30 million dollar coaster track piece is done....where do you want it boss"?
BOSS: "Just throw it out back somewhere".:lol:

They let the track rust to get rid of particles, then it’s sandblasted

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic