Decoding 2020

fryoj

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 11:49 AM, BSBMX said:

The 286' comes from the crest height (per the latest blueprints) and subtracting the footing height from the ground directly below the crest (from the first set of blueprints). If you measure from the ground at the station instead of directly below the crest, you get more like 296'. 

This is all subjective though. It's up to KI to determine where they measure the drop height from (heck, if you measure from the Little Miami River, you get something like 436'!). I'm betting they'll  play some smoke and mirrors on us and say it's 300' tall. It definitely has a 301' drop, but from station track up to crest track, you're only going up 276'. 

At one point, it was said that from Banshee's highest to lowest point, the change (or drop) in elevation is 200 ft. Therefore, I (and I'm assuming many others) thought that Banshee would have/had a 200 ft. drop (According to RCDB, the drop is 150 ft).

EDIT: Also, that rendering of a ground-up RMC snaking between Banshee and Bat is great! However, if they really wanted to use the Son of Beast station for the next major coaster, I would think they'd want the drop to be from the other side (facing away from Banshee) and then they could have a "shed" (or some other slow thematic element close to the end of the ride) and then have an additional lift that brings riders back to the station (by passing under Banshee). Thoughts?

• Like 4

OK, I'm back with fun screenshots!!!

Like I said before, I'm far from the first person here to show off some NL2 concepts, BUT I figured it would be cool to put the coaster approximately where it's gonna go alongside some of my other KI coasters I've built to try and show a decent sense of scale of just how big this ride will be. All of these screens were grabbed at walking height at various vantage points along Coney Mall as well as behind the scenes. I think this coaster will be incredibly fun after visualizing it a bit better. I didn't overlay the blueprint into the map, so the exact footprint may be off in a few places, but I think I got it pretty freaking close. Enjoy!

Also for those curious, my coaster is 5,333 feet long.

EDIT: Got all my screenshots in!

BE557B3C-9F3C-4F14-A3E6-79D10462B72F.png

Aproaching X-Base from Coney Mall.

25177C27-1B2F-4060-BF9C-C2CA12412187.png

This thing will absolutely dwarf Racer. And yes I did paint it it’s original colors. ;)

E131D3E8-481A-4138-850F-B5E5065F8521.png

Your view waiting for the front seat perhaps? :)

D0E4A84D-8E5A-4A01-9584-1F87558CAAAE.png

The Eiffel Tower view. Not the clearest screenshot, but it certainly shows how this will look with the rest of the park!

giga 1.JPG

This view would be from behind the maintenance barn.

giga 2.JPG

Definitely most looking forward to this first drop!

giga 3.JPG

Banking at the top of the turnaround is about 110 degrees.

giga 4.JPG

This helix should be really pretty!

giga 5.JPG

Just picture an entrance sign right in front of you. =)

• Like 29

3 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

At one point, it was said that from Banshee's highest to lowest point, the change (or drop) in elevation is 200 ft. Therefore, I (and I'm assuming many others) thought that Banshee would have/had a 200 ft. drop (According to RCDB, the drop is 150 ft).

I haven't studied Banshee's blueprints to say one way or another, but Voyage comes to mind. Per RCDB, Voyage's first drop is 154', but per HW's own site, the highest point of the ride to the lowest point of the ride is 173' (I'd assume this is from top of lift to either the tunnel near the station or the tunnel near the final brake run). Regardless, the first drop on Banshee (what RCDB is reporting) may be truly 150', but the top of lift to lowest point of track (say, maybe the bottom of the pretzel knot) may be close to your 200' number. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't know much about construction, does anyone know what these metal things are used for? 

Credit: Theme Park Frenzy on Facebook

IMG_20190526_174024_412.jpg

Honestly those look quite a bit like the steel parts of the ceiling seen in the blueprints of the Project X station. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Honestly those look quite a bit like the steel parts of the ceiling seen in the blueprints of the Project X station. 

I don't think these are for the station. First, way too soon--more important parts of the structure should show up first before the station's roof. Second, these pieces do not look like the blueprint images. Third, these pieces look like they're constructed from aluminum, which is a material that would not be used for the structural framing used over the station.

I'm wondering if these pieces have anything to do with the recent concrete pad being poured.

Here's a screenshot of the station's roof.

truss.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Ya.. Looks potentially like roof trusses.. Some appear to be curved so that would fit with the appearance of the station's roof in the blueprints.

**on second thought I think BSBMX is right. After seeing the above post they don't really look the same. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Yes, the crest of the lift is still ~286' above the ground directly below it, but it looks like the project's zero height is around the station, which would give us a height of 296'. 

What do you mean "around the station"? Not sure where it is?

• Like 1

Here’s a theming idea:

The shape of the station’s roof looks a bit like a hangar. Since it will be right next to hangar 18, why not theme this thing to aviation/the Air Force? I know it doesn’t fit with Orion or Polaris,  but it would fit with FOF’s building and be a nice nod to Dayton’s aviation heritage. I kind of feel like Orion and Polaris might be red herrings (there was a time when everyone thought Fury would be named “Centurion.”

Thoughts?

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

Here’s a theming idea:

The shape of the station’s roof looks a bit like a hangar. Since it will be right next to hangar 18, why not theme this thing to aviation/the Air Force? I know it doesn’t fit with Orion or Polaris,  but it would fit with FOF’s building and be a nice nod to Dayton’s aviation heritage. I kind of feel like Orion and Polaris might be red herrings (there was a time when everyone thought Fury would be named “Centurion.”

Thoughts?

I like the idea, heck they could re-use some Top Gun props. The only problem is that it seems like a "hand-me-down" name as it was created back in 2014 and has been sitting dormant all these years. 

Orion, to me has more, personality to it.

• Like 6

Those aluminum pieces look like framework for a temporary canvas/plastic roof shed (like a carport). Perhaps to store parts under or have a dry place to work on rainy days. Could also be used to cover the footers while they're curing. I don't think they'll have any parts for the main structures on site until after the footers are poured. No need to have them in the way or risk damage.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I hope this doesn't affect the quality of The Beast's night ride...

I have a post back on page 165 showing that from track-to-track, I estimate the closest Beast and this new coaster will get is about 121'. I believe they're keeping as many trees as they can back there, so I don't think you'll see the new coaster during the day from The Beast. My post from earlier today (page 171) where I found electrical plans for the new coaster's turnaround to have lights, you may see some of its lights thru the trees at night if you're riding The Beast. But, doesn't that straight section on Beast already have some low lights anyways? Those may be brighter than what you'll see from the new coaster...time will tell.

• Like 1

Here’s a theming idea:

Thoughts?

I think if it's a space shuttle / NASA theme station it would fit with Orion and polaris. "Constellations" and "Shoot For The stars" / "Shooing Stars"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Even though you guys are guessing 296' now, I think Kings Island will surprise us and this will actually be 305' feet with a 310 foot drop. I think that Polaris model is very much the real thing.

The height is subjective based on where it's measured from and what their marketing team says (I'm still sticking with my 296'), but the drop height is pretty solidified at 301', coming straight off the blueprints. Based on what we know now, if KI said anything other than 301', I wouldn't believe them. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

EDIT: Also, that rendering of a ground-up RMC snaking between Banshee and Bat is great! However, if they really wanted to use the Son of Beast station for the next major coaster, I would think they'd want the drop to be from the other side (facing away from Banshee) and then they could have a "shed" (or some other slow thematic element close to the end of the ride) and then have an additional lift that brings riders back to the station (by passing under Banshee). Thoughts?

The 200 is the highest point, the lift, to the lowest point, the pretzel loop. 

58 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't know much about construction, does anyone know what these metal things are used for? 

Credit: Theme Park Frenzy on Facebook

Almost looks like the type of framing that they use for staging and light rigging.  But it could be for the new pad they are pouring by The Racer. 

6 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Even though you guys are guessing 296' now, I think Kings Island will surprise us and this will actually be 305' feet with a 310 foot drop. I think that Polaris model is very much the real thing.

We aren't "guessing". The numbers are from engineered plans the people building the ride and the park filed with the city. Those people aren't big on surprises. Surprises in those scenarios are referred to as "F Ups" and cost a lot of money to fix. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, AdventureExpress35 said:

I kind of feel like Orion and Polaris might be red herrings (there was a time when everyone thought Fury would be named “Centurion.”

Correct. But the filing of "Centurion" as a trademark in 2013, and ensuing Roman-styled teasers that popped up at Carowinds in the summer of 2014, wasn't necessarily a means to throw people off. An issue arose where the Centurion trademark had to be abandoned, leaving them to go with 'Fury' and ultimately 'Fury 325' instead.

And for the record, Centurion will not be the name of any Cedar Fair ride or attraction in the forseeable future, as according to Trademarkia, it is marked 'DEAD' on their page and has been for quite some time. (https://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-2-2).

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

@BSBMX I haven't gone on a night ride in a while but I don't recall seeing any lights until you hit the second lift hill. 

Just watched two night POVs--both did not show any lights, so you might be right. It's been a few years for me too, but I thought I had remembered some small lights back there. 

The new coaster lights may still not be noticable from The Beast since they're likely going to highlight the upper portion of the turnaround and nothing near ground level, which is where The Beast is, so it may not be an issue. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

^ Did you happen to take a photo? Not on the ride obviously, but maybe from Eiffel Tower?

Can’t really see the stakes in this picture but the rebar cages are in the bottom left. 

47F5388F-C33F-49B5-99FF-2E39447A6F30.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I hope this doesn't affect the quality of The Beast's night ride...

Does Vortex affect The Beast’s night rides? WindSeeker? Diamondback? I’m not expecting this to significantly affect it.

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic