Decoding 2020

fryoj

42 minutes ago, refrigerator said:

Just a couple reference points I got from trolling through the construction of Fury 325. Fury started clearing for for the station area on June 21, this was the first area clearing happening and started pouring footers for the station in July 18.  

One intereting note was Cedar Fair filed for the trademark, or at least the trade mark was found, for “Fury 325” on June 16.

Obvisouly Ohio climate is different than North/South Carolina but interesting none the less.

In addition, Carowinds always opens about a month earlier that Kings Island, so theoretically, we should have more time to to complete the project which is surprising with the rate we are moving now

• Like 3

I’d say there’s a good chance we might lose two haunts this year, Field of Screams is obviously going away or it’ll need be relocated and we might also see Chaos go away if they plan on getting a head start on relocating those buildings. Kind of a shame Field of screams is going away, I absolutely loved walking next to racer on the way back.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, fryoj said:

When building a $30 million dollar attraction, you usually don't say let's save $50k by reusing an old queue. You want the ride entrance area to be a showplace and not be limited to what was there before. 

That may be true, but it still interests me on why they kept the old queue. Maybe they'll use it as an "extra queue" for opening year because they'll probably need it especially for opening weekend if there is nice weather and the crowds are huge. And then they'll build a queue at the bottom of the stairs you would go down to the station for Firehawk. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I’d say there’s a good chance we might lose two haunts this year, Cornstalkers is obviously going away or it’ll need be relocated and we might also see Chaos go away if they plan on getting a head start on relocating those buildings. Kind of a shame cornstalkers is going away, I absolutely loved walking next to racer on the way back.

Chaos was new last year. They would probably just relocate it! 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I’d say there’s a good chance we might lose two haunts this year, Cornstalkers is obviously going away or it’ll need be relocated and we might also see Chaos go away if they plan on getting a head start on relocating those buildings. Kind of a shame cornstalkers is going away, I absolutely loved walking next to racer on the way back.

Cornstalkers has been gone for a while..but Field of Screams is what you're talking about. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

That may be true, but it still interests me on why they kept the old queue. Maybe they'll use it as an "extra queue" for opening year because they'll probably need it especially for opening weekend if there is nice weather and the crowds are huge. And then they'll build a queue at the bottom of the stairs you would go down to the station for Firehawk. Just my thoughts.

I would really hate if they used any of Firehawks old queue/entrance. I just don't see why anyone would do that. 

Not putting your feelings down at all FYI...Just as a company I don't see any pros for doing that. Most likely there isn't a specific reason it is still there.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I would really hate if they used any of Firehawks old queue/entrance. I just don't see why anyone would do that. 

Not putting your feelings down at all FYI...Just as a company I don't see any pros for doing that. Most likely there isn't a specific reason it is still there.

I think they are going to take it out and it just hasn't been necessary up to this point in order to start clearing and construction of the coaster but it will be removed soon 

• Like 2

Just curious..... I remember last year that someone mentioned seeing Fred Grubb around The Racer and that started the “RMC Racer” frenzy before the announcement of the Antique Cars.... what if..... RMC is involved in this project? I know the paperwork stated B&M... but what if this is a collaboration. As I also recall, I believe there is an IIAPA interview somewhere with RMC that stated a major park would be getting the world’s first T-Rex giga rollercoaster. MAYBE this coaster is THE (RMC) T-Rex coaster with B&M designed trains? 

• Like 4

Just curious..... I remember last year that someone mentioned seeing Fred Grubb around The Racer and that started the “RMC Racer” frenzy before the announcement of the Antique Cars.... what if..... RMC is involved in this project? I know the paperwork stated B&M... but what if this is a collaboration. As I also recall, I believe there is an IIAPA interview somewhere with RMC that stated a major park would be getting the world’s first T-Rex giga rollercoaster. MAYBE this coaster is THE (RMC) T-Rex coaster with B&M designed trains? 

Then RMC would no doubt be on the Notice of Commencement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

^ To add to that several Banshee contractors were also listed, not saying they couldn’t work on an RMC project but I feel the fact they’re listed adds more substance to it being B&M, also does Baynum even work with RMC? I’ve gotten the impression RMC paints the rides them selves 

• Like 3

This would depend on how it the collaborating party. If B&M is the primary company and RMC is working under them the it is not out of the realm of possibility the only B&M being on the paperwork. But if this is just how I would look at it.... I do have some construction and design background, but I did very little the paper trail side of things

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah, why they kept the old entrance/exit is perplexing. The closest "maybe" I can come up with is possibly going to reuse it for a flat in the area. But even that is tenuous. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, upstop said:

I believe Fred Grubb was at KI and that he was there because RMC will be the next project after the B&M Giga. Makes sense that RMC will most likely be KI's next coaster, especially how much Cedar Fair has been working with RMC.  I also believe it will be a ground up of some kind, although, It probably won't open until somewhere between 2023-2025. Makes sense too because the planning for these coasters usually take 5-7 years and he was allegedly spotted there last year. 

• Like 3

Speculation is fun but RMC is no way involved with this project. Especially an RMC TRex. I believe I watched a recent interview where Fred said they were focusing on the Raptors as they don’t want to cannibalize their own market. We likely won’t see a TRex for 5-10 years. This is clearly a B&M masterpiece. Let’s stay focused folks and follow the clues!

I also saw a YouTube video today from Amusement Insiders. They highlighted@sixohdieselrage video. I’m sure he’s getting blown up with requests right now lol. But they mentioned that there were boundaries on the sides that said DO NOT CUT. He said his sources didn’t see any of these markers at the end of the current clearing. They cleared probably 300 yards this past week. I expect to see a lot more clearing again this weekend.

• Like 5

Fred Grubb was at Kings Island to meet with Greg Scheid, you can even see him in the original photo.  Scheid at the time was the regional Vice President of Cedar Fair above both Cedar Point and Kings Dominion, which at the time the photo was taken had both recently opened new RMC coasters.  Scheid had his office at Kings Island which is why the meeting happened at KI, if his office had been at another park in the chain, the photo in question would have never happened.

It would be extremely strange for this kind of meeting to be primarily about some hypothetical coaster that would not be built for several years and even if it was, there is zero need to have the meeting at the park where the coaster will be built.  It’s fine to speculate that RMC might build some coaster in the future, but the photo is not evidence of anything.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Speculation is fun but RMC is no way involved with this project. Especially an RMC TRex. I believe I watched a recent interview where Fred said they were focusing on the Raptors as they don’t want to cannibalize their own market. We likely won’t see a TRex for 5-10 years. This is clearly a B&M masterpiece. Let’s stay focused folks and follow the clues!

I also saw a YouTube video today from Amusement Insiders. They highlighted@sixohdieselrage video. I’m sure he’s getting blown up with requests right now lol. But they mentioned that there were boundaries on the sides that said DO NOT CUT. He said his sources didn’t see any of these markers at the end of the current clearing. They cleared probably 300 yards this past week. I expect to see a lot more clearing again this weekend.

Can you link it? Id love to watch.

@KI FANATIC 37 Welcome back and we're glad to see you on this site again! It definitely is great to bask in speculation/decoding once again!

Speaking of speculation however, it just so turns that you may have walked in at not the best time....:P

Coincidentally enough, I was just in the middle of writing why I disagree with what you (and others) have said earlier!

11 hours ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Really? You don't see why anyone would do that? And you don't see any pros for keeping it?

First off, It is by no means unprecedented to reuse old queues/stations. See Vortex, El Toro, Maverick etc. the list goes on.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by the amount of people clamoring for the removal of Firehawk's old queue...

To me, reusing the queue and photobooth seems like a no-brainer. If the queue needs more capacity then they can expand it accordingly. And I'm sure that they can find a way to make it look very appealing even with reusing these things. They can build some kind monument/fountain similiar to what is found on Leviathan similiar to what is found  in the middle of X-Base walkway. If not that something similiar to Banshee's signage.

Really its in the most rational place you could put the queue for this coaster assuming the station starts in Firehawk's plot. Why needlessly tear down a queue just to rebuild in approximately the same place?

~$50,000 may seem small compared to $30M, but its not nothing. Thats $50,000 (or whatever it would cost) that can be used elsewhere...

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Zayzayd13 said:

If this indeed is a giga (and I’m 99.999% sure that it is), what are us poor, Kings Island fanatics going to beg for next? Once it’s here, it’s here. Just looking towards the future.

I think the answer is pretty obvious. It's teacups. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zayzayd13 said:

If this indeed is a giga (and I’m 99.999% sure that it is), what are us poor, Kings Island fanatics going to beg for next? Once it’s here, it’s here. Just looking towards the future.

I'm guessing an RMC and/or a Mack double launch. If KI gets an RMC, I want it to be a ground up topper track woodie that takes back the tallest and fastest wooden coaster records. A Mack double launch I want to see larger than Copperhead Strike and I want to see it use the terrain kinda like how Helix does. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, upstop said:

Just curious..... I remember last year that someone mentioned seeing Fred Grubb around The Racer and that started the “RMC Racer” frenzy before the announcement of the Antique Cars.... what if..... RMC is involved in this project? 

That could have been a case of mistaken identity. 

• Like 1

By looking at the land clearing for the upcoming Giga, it shows that the clearing is moving more towards north away from the former land from Son of Beast. Could KI possibly be using the land for something else or would they end up using the land? People have always speculated that one of KI's wooden coasters would get RMC'd but considering that The Racer recently got retracked, Mystic Timbers is new, The Beast is extremely popular, and Woodstock Express doesn't have a potential layout. If KI we're to get an RMC Ground-up would we expect it to be something similar to Zadra?

• Like 1

Just now, Magenta Lizard said:

recaR sdrawkcaB of course

While I know its sacrilege and not likely to happen, but an RMC Racer conversion where it goes through the first half of the ride forwards, and the second half backwards would be pretty sweet. 

• malem locked this topic