fryoj

Decoding 2020

11 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Let’s get those pics!

I just posted your latest layout (with the blue color scheme) on Reddit, and it's actually making people change their minds about the coaster. Everyone seems to love it!

Even if it's short, it'll still have the same impact on attendance as a dive coaster would, and it'll definitely have the better reception among enthusiasts.

16 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

It looked like the top part of the ejector speed hill like in the most recent renderings, I’m not that much of a professional but I’m pretty sure it was giga track 

That part of the track wouldn't be built yet. They'd do station area, then lift, then start working their way from there.

6 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Depends on the ride model (@pkiridesmaint please correct me if I’m wrong), while most are pneumatic, I don’t think Diamondback/Banshee’s are? Or they may be pneumatic, but are configured differently than “pinch brakes” seen on rides like Beast and Racer.

B&M uses pneumatic brakes or drive tires to bring trains to a complete stop. You primarily see the drive tires on areas of the coaster where it is traveling at a low speed. Such as in stations, base of lifts, and ready brakes. Pneumatic brakes in the midcourse and safety brakes. Correct  on not being “pinch brakes.” The pneumatic brakes make contact with pads that are bolted in the middle section of the trains lower frame.

26 minutes ago, AZ Kinda Guy said:

B&M uses pneumatic brakes or drive tires to bring trains to a complete stop. You primarily see the drive tires on areas of the coaster where it is traveling at a low speed. Such as in stations, base of lifts, and ready brakes. Pneumatic brakes in the midcourse and safety brakes. Correct  on not being “pinch brakes.” The pneumatic brakes make contact with pads that are bolted in the middle section of the trains lower frame.

Thank you, @AZ Kinda Guy. Any insight on generators and power redundancies?

9 hours ago, fyrfyter said:

everything on the ride is controlled by a PLC.

Sorry to nitpick but I'm curious, do you mean just one PLC, or a series of them that perform different tasks?