Decoding 2020

fryoj

Actually, from this photo, we can tell the bottom of the track will sport a different color! I am not sure if it will be grey like it is now, or if the bottom has yet to be painted! Unless it is just the glare!

Edit: After studying the photo more in depth, I think that the track is just solid blue...

1193EE49-1049-4B7D-BCCF-B87CBA2CC099.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Actually, from this photo, we can tell the bottom of the track will sport a different color! I am not sure if it will be grey like it is now, or if the bottom has yet to be painted! Unless it is just the glare!

Edit: After studying the photo more in depth, I think that the track is just solid blue...

I do too. Compare it to the Hershey track that we know is all brown. Similar glare on it as well. 

05C8C459-8F7D-414D-9EC6-327F778F4E4E.jpeg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Yeah I was about to say it could just be light or a reflection, sucks it’s only solid blue

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Is there any way we can confirm this is giga track? Couldn’t it be for sea world Orlando 2020?

• Like 2

Basically just confirmed this is ki giga track, sorta knew from the beginning but I zoomed in and you have to have a good eye and you can tell it says MCT. If you  don’t know “you probably do know”. But MCT stands for mega coaster track which stands basically for giga coaster track.

5CFDB07C-F0D9-4315-8981-579FFF3B6839.jpeg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Basically just confirmed this is ki giga track, sorta knew from the beginning but I zoomed in and you have to have a good eye and you can tell it says MCT. If you  don’t know “you probably do know”. But MCT stands for mega coaster track which stands basically for giga coaster track.

5CFDB07C-F0D9-4315-8981-579FFF3B6839.jpeg

You're right about what the MC stands for, but I believe the T is just for project T of the mega coaster series. The Hershey track is labeled MCR, so it's project R of that series. Not sure about project S, but since industries skip certain letters that could be confused with numbers (I for 1, O for 0, S for 5), so that might explain why we don't see any MCS track. OR, it might be a legit project, just skipped for the time being. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Better picture of the track at CSF. All credit goes to coaster media.

C13FA760-C723-4024-BE95-93DC253A0B26.jpeg

Link to original media? Searching for "coaster media" gives too many results. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

You're right about what the MC stands for, but I believe the T is just for project T of the mega coaster series. The Hershey track is labeled MCR, so it's project R of that series. Not sure about project S, but since industries skip certain letters that could be confused with numbers (I for 1, O for 0, S for 5), so that might explain why we don't see any MCS track. OR, it might be a legit project, just skipped for the time being. 

MCT is guaranteed for Kings Island as the track labels match up with the labels on the blueprints!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

MCT is guaranteed for Kings Island as the track labels match up with the labels on the blueprints!

Agree, I wasn't questioning that. I was just saying the 'T' in MCT doesn't stand for 'track'. 

• Like 4

So they use a generic name, cover the entire picture with that name that doesn't even match their logo, then only post it on Insta so we can't even get the original image to try and clean it up.  Wheres Midway Mayhem when you need them? 

• Like 5

Just as a friendly reminder: Please refrain from quoting an excessive amount of text or unnecessary photos  : )

and it will play high-energy techno-music while you wait,

And unlike the last time Cedar Fair instituted techno music (onto a certain "themed" attraction of long ago), this time it will actually be even remotely fitting! :P

image.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeastForever said:

Just as a friendly reminder: Please refrain from quoting an excessive amount of text or unnecessary photos  : )

And unlike the last time Cedar Fair instituted techno music (onto a certain "themed" attraction of long ago), this time it will actually be even remotely fitting! :P

image.gif

Dang, I never realized that Tomb Raider was an indoor Top-Spin. Always wanted to ride one of those.

• Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, IndyGuy4KI said:

Construction update as of today.

Photo_1560008038496.jpg

Looks like the forms for the top of some of the transfer track footings are in place. Should pour those this week. 

Also, I know RE Middleton was on the NOC, has anyone seen if they are working on this? 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic