fryoj

Decoding 2020

20 hours ago, BSBMX said:

Found an interesting typo in the original blueprints. The Y coordinate for the L2-1 pier is like 2000 feet off from what it's supposed to be. What's weird is that it's not exactly 2000' off (like a silly typing mistake), but a number around 2000'. I'll try to get to a closer number in a bit after I lay out these points. I can't imagine these numbers were typed into this spreadsheet, but also I can't imagine it being that far off in CAD and not be noticed. The is the only value in the 6k range, with only a handful in the 5k range, most being in the 4k range. Plotting out the points in X/Y shows that 6808.6177 is way out in left field, so again not sure how it wasn't noticed by the engineer... just took another engineer to notice it!

EDIT: (strike-through above) Laying out the rest of the pier coordinates of the lift, and drawing a straight line from the L16D-1/L16D-2 combo to L2-2, and plotting the X point of L2-1 and making it coincident with the line, gives me a Y coordinate of 4808.6175, which is very close to being 2000' off from the 6808.6177 value reported in the blueprints. So yea, I'd say the value shown in the blueprints is exactly 2000' off from actual. This doesn't change anything, just found it interesting. 

typo.jpg

I wanted to follow up on something I found last night. To recap, plotting these X/Y dimensions shows that the Y value for the L2-1 pier was waaaay off in left field. I determined it was exactly 2000' off, but today I wanted to visualize just how much it was off. I think it was just a flub whenever this coordinate spreadsheet was typed up, but thought it was worth mentioning. Anyways, here's how far that point would have been off from the rest of the map (the entire coaster layout is in the bottom of the image).

off.jpg

6 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

I wanted to follow up on something I found last night. To recap, plotting these X/Y dimensions shows that the Y value for the L2-1 pier was waaaay off in left field. I determined it was exactly 2000' off, but today I wanted to visualize just how much it was off. I think it was just a flub whenever this coordinate spreadsheet was typed up, but thought it was worth mentioning. Anyways, here's how far that point would have been off from the rest of the map (the entire coaster layout is in the bottom of the image).

Which puts it almost in the river. 

Probably wanted to make sure that footer is especially stable. 

3 hours ago, XBeastGirlX said:

Not sure if this was posted, but there is blacktop around the new structure. Were those 4 footers in the background there before? 

Those are not footers. They appear to be concrete weights. While never that big, I've seen something similar to that being used to secure tents to. I wouldn't think that this type of structure would need those, their presence suggests otherwise. 

I created a visual of the station in CAD using the blueprint data. The blueprints left a lot of unknown dimensions, but tracing over the silhouette images and using the known dimensions got me a pretty close representation of the station, IMO. Overall, building is 40' wide, 50' long, 39' tall, with the main platform being 20' off the ground. Main entrance steps on rear of station, which will have some kind of wall separating two individual queues up the entrance steps, a set of exit steps and elevator on the front of the station, and a set of maintenance steps on the transfer side of the station as well as at the bottom of the exit steps. 

A lot of fine details are not shown here (railings, steps, metal siding, etc.). Adding all that superfluous detail brings my laptop to its knees, and would take several more hours to create, so it's just not going to happen...anyways, here's some pics. I plan on dropping it into my footings/piers CAD model soon to get a better overview visualization of the whole area.

station1.jpg

station2.jpg

station3.jpg

station4.jpg

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Is it possible, based on the blueprints, that this new ride will have a storage system similar to Yukon Striker’s new overhead storage system? I don’t know if this has already been talked about, but I was just wondering about it!

Seeing that the locker Bay is being expanded, I highly doubt it.

10 hours ago, BSBMX said:

I created a visual of the station in CAD using the blueprint data. The blueprints left a lot of unknown dimensions, but tracing over the silhouette images and using the known dimensions got me a pretty close representation of the station, IMO. Overall, building is 40' wide, 50' long, 39' tall, with the main platform being 20' off the ground. Main entrance steps on rear of station, which will have some kind of wall separating two individual queues up the entrance steps, a set of exit steps and elevator on the front of the station, and a set of maintenance steps on the transfer side of the station as well as at the bottom of the exit steps. 

A lot of fine details are not shown here (railings, steps, metal siding, etc.). Adding all that superfluous detail brings my laptop to its knees, and would take several more hours to create, so it's just not going to happen...anyways, here's some pics. I plan on dropping it into my footings/piers CAD model soon to get a better overview visualization of the whole area.

Pretty good work, but it's missing that drinking fountain in the drive booth! You might want to add that in!

(kidding, in case there was any confusion. I know plain text makes sarcasm hard to catch sometimes. Great job!)

1 minute ago, homestar92 said:

Pretty good work, but it's missing that drinking fountain in the drive booth! You might want to add that in!

(kidding, in case there was any confusion. I know plain text makes sarcasm hard to catch sometimes. Great job!)

It's missing way more than that! I actually thought about adding that fountain in, but I was ready to be just done with it last night. @DustinTheNow might be taking these files and dressing them up, making them more realistic looking, so we'll see where this ends up. 

On a side note, if anyone in the Mason area could swing by the city office and ask for any new blueprints, that would be appreciated!