fryoj

Decoding 2020

10 hours ago, presto123 said:

Anybody ever got stuck at top of a lift hill? Our train once stopped at the top of Magnum XL-200 and we sat there for what seemed like 5 minutes. Gotta say I was getting nervous at the prospect of walking down the lift hill on those little steps. I also didn't know about anti-rollback features at the time. Kind of scary. lol

My sister got stuck at top of Drop Zone when it opened. They were up there like 15 minutes....

10 hours ago, presto123 said:

Anybody ever got stuck at top of a lift hill? Our train once stopped at the top of Magnum XL-200 and we sat there for what seemed like 5 minutes. Gotta say I was getting nervous at the prospect of walking down the lift hill on those little steps. I also didn't know about anti-rollback features at the time. Kind of scary. lol

I've walked up the lift hill of Vortex pretty much to the top when I was working the ride.  I've walked up the block brakes of FoF multiple times.  Been on lifthill 2 of The Beast.  

1 hour ago, ethancoaster said:

My planet coaster recreation was a little over 5400 feet, and several of the recreations have pegged it between 5200-5500 feet. So somewhere in that range.

If true, that means we won't have the shortest giga in length. I-305 is shorter in length (5,100 feet). So basically in length we are between I-305 and Leviathan. 

3 hours ago, sikkinixx99 said:

I really like this video by Duffy''s Designs I would love 330 ft drop 99 mph

The video itself is pretty cool, but this is not the most accurate recreation as the video claims. First, yes the height is still up in the air, but not the drop height. Drop height is 301, no question about it. 

Second, there are two extra hills in this that are not in the blueprints. Whaaa?

While on Vortex today the ride op asked, "Does anyone know what we're getting next year?" Me and one other person yelled "Giga!" Then he said something along the lines of, "Let me put it this way. It'll be 300 times better than Firehawk." I think he joked that it would be a wavepool too. Fun moment.

It was exciting to see the recent progress in person. I am so ready for this coaster!

Hey Everyone. I found I think the most realistic re-creation on the internet yet! ( From the blue prints ) 

It is definitely the best and shows the ride much better than the previous people's did. 

Yes this was posted earlier and is nothing like what the blueprints detail. It’s a good dream coaster but hopefully nobody believes this is real and gets their hopes up.

23 minutes ago, WhereDidBeastieGo said:

Does anyone know if B&M ever implements the type of propulsion with their lift hill like we see on MT?  To me it seems like the hill on MT is more powerful than another of the same height because it kind of flings you over the top.

Have they? No, they have only used standard chain lift hills, whereas what you're talking about is a cable lift. I think Intamin is the only big one in the industry to do cable lifts (though, Vekoma uses cables on some of their Boomerang models, but that's kinda different in my eyes). 

36 minutes ago, WhereDidBeastieGo said:

Does anyone know if B&M ever implements the type of propulsion with their lift hill like we see on MT?  To me it seems like the hill on MT is more powerful than another of the same height because it kind of flings you over the top.

I think he is talking about a variable speed lift...