fryoj

Decoding 2020

Good afternoon good people. 

Here are additional photos from yesterdays flight. If there are any areas you want a closer look at please reply to this message and I'll zoom into my raw files :)

I added some different perspectives and some shots of the finished supports at the fabrication plant. 

Does anyone in shot 7 know what the purple track is?

-Captain Nemo (Gabriel)

DSC_5261.JPGDSC_5369.JPGDSC_5389.JPGDSC_5394.JPGDSC_5429.JPGDSC_5453.JPGDSC_5474.JPG

There's also some Kumba-looking track in image 5. 

What's weird is that all those supports in that area appear to be staged to be banded in groups and loaded onto trucks, as if they're complete (as in, that dark flat gray is the final color). I had thought that was just primer, but now I'm thinking otherwise. Hmmm...

E69C9EAA-745D-459C-8D49-004A8FE85D71.jpeg

5 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

What's weird is that all those supports in that area appear to be staged to be banded in groups and loaded onto trucks, as if they're complete (as in, that dark flat gray is the final color). Hmmm...

I am thinking this track is for Mako @ SeaWorld San Diego. Based on the color and the rendering they released.

No clue what the purple track could be though.....

27 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

What's weird is that all those supports in that area appear to be staged to be banded in groups and loaded onto trucks, as if they're complete (as in, that dark flat gray is the final color). I had thought that was just primer, but now I'm thinking otherwise. Hmmm...

I was thinking the same.  Those supports look to be finished and ready for loading.

19 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

This is where I have to disagree. MF set the bar man. Its the OG giga coaster and will forever be a classic. Forever a top 5 for me no doubt.

Millie remains the best.  First drop with that elevator lift and then first overbanked turn and then into the tunnel and up a hill taller than most coasters' lift hills.  Great sequence with all the right forces.  Yes, the rest of layout isn't too inspired but it is still a ton of fun.

In the last pic, the shades of gray are different from the stack on the left vs. the multiple stacks on the right.  The stack on the left side look similar to the shade on the blue painted track in the same shot.

Then again, it could just the sun reflecting differently...

Gray supports look the exact same as pic of HP coaster. I won't call it Candymonium because that is by far the dumbest name for a coaster.

@KevM86 Look at the last pic in the new set of pcs by @Captain Nemo

Its at the top of the very last pic.

@THE_BEASTmaster They wouldn't use CSF for a coaster in China.

B&M manufactures all of their rollercoasters at Clermont Steel Fabricators, and if that grey track is all ready to go, I am certain it is for Hershey as the color matches up perfectly with the animation. Also, while I do believe our supports will be grey, I think it will be a lighter, shinier shade of grey according the partial support attached to the blue track.

28 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Gray supports look the exact same as pic of HP coaster. I won't call it Candymonium because that is by far the dumbest name for a coaster.

That is the name that seems most likely at the moment, and I agree, it sounds like a Six Flags name for a giant frisbee... sorry for the double post!

22 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

^ why would they not? I’m fairly certain we’ve seen them manufacture track for China before. It’s no different than Mack charging a premium to have their stuff built here as it’s done overseas.

I can't recall where I read they use a plant in Europe for installations outside of the America's. Who knows.... I can't  find my source on that but I could of possibly been reading about another company haha

11 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That is the name that seems most likely at the moment, and I agree, it sounds like a Six Flags name for a giant frisbee... sorry for the double post!

Could go with “Hershyparks CraaazzzyCoaster”

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

@KevM86 Look at the last pic in the new set of pcs by @Captain Nemo

Its at the top of the very last pic.

@THE_BEASTmaster They wouldn't use CSF for a coaster in China.

CSF has fabricated several coasters bound for China in the past few years.  Notable is the bright yellow track that sat there a couple of years ago - it went somewhere in China.

Edit:  Actually, it was last year for the yellow track.  It was yellow wing coaster track that ultimately went to the Happy Valley park in Beijing.

15 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

CSF has fabricated several coasters bound for China in the past few years.  Notable is the bright yellow track that sat there a couple of years ago - it went somewhere in China.

Edit:  Actually, it was last year for the yellow track.  It was yellow wing coaster track that ultimately went to the Happy Valley park in Beijing.

Like I said above. I must of been reading about another company. I can't locate the article I was reading. The wing coaster at Happy Valley a lime greenish color as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Here are additional photos from yesterdays flight. If there are any areas you want a closer look at please reply to this message and I'll zoom into my raw files :)

I added some different perspectives and some shots of the finished supports at the fabrication plant. 

-Captain Nemo (Gabriel)

DSC_5261.JPGDSC_5369.JPGDSC_5389.JPGDSC_5394.JPGDSC_5429.JPGDSC_5453.JPGDSC_5474.JPG

Let's see how close your zoom can go. Are you able to read anything in the white wordings on these steel sheets from any of your pics?

I expect it'll say what thickness, grade of steel, where it's from, etc. Just curious what kind of information is on there. Thanks!

AE68EBBE-C043-4877-85D9-016AB2738087.jpeg

5 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

-Captain Nemo (Gabriel)

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

I am thinking this track is for Mako @ SeaWorld San Diego. Based on the color and the rendering they released.

No clue what the purple track could be though.....

3 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

Could the purple track be for Happy Valley’s unknown wing coaster?

https://rcdb.com/15667.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found some interesting similarities between yesterday's overhead images and what's currently on Google Maps. Based on what I'm seeing now, I don't think those pieces are for the new Mako, and I don't think the purple piece is for anything new, either.

I have no idea when these Google images were taken, but there appears to be a lot of purple and yellow track pieces in the front parking lot, so perhaps someone could narrow down the time frame. That purple in the front parking lot looks like the same purple piece in the rear lot. That same purple piece in yesterday's image (and pile of curved tubes next to it) circled in red is the same and unmoved compared to Google's older image. 

Also, the 'Mako' track and several piles of junk near it (circled in yellow) all appears to be the same and unmoved in yesterday's image versus Google's older image. The color of the track appears to be off a bit, but they're laying exactly the same way, same shape, same support mounts. They gotta be the same. 

I don't think either of these track pieces are new. Guessing they're just scrapped pieces for some reason. 

D8BF702F-4A86-47B4-B127-6E31A9CA4764.png

6309F257-01F9-414B-B319-74FD0E1E8A93.jpeg

8E34E405-5D23-40A2-A76A-A0916F735042.jpeg

44FCE51A-E6A4-47DF-9261-758EC6E0FCEC.jpeg