fryoj

Decoding 2020

Yeah could be scrapped pieces. Now if this is the only plant that makes track for B&M..... Where is the Mako track? Maybe they will make the track for that after our giga? Since Busch parks open coasters mid season lol

I can't think or any purple tracked B&M coasters? I think Banshee but it doesn't look the same to me. Also google map image over head the factory is a 2019 image!!! Maybe that yellow we see isn't really yellow and is greensish and SWSD already has the track on site.

Count me in the those pieces are scrap camp. With the amount of track they make, theres going to be screw ups. Maybe they got dropped. Or hell, maybe someone forgot to hit "next" on the super C&C machine(or whatever cuts the steel) and they made duplicates. Either way, if they were going to be sent out, they wouldn't be buried. 

I agree those definitely look like they have been set out of the way for a while. The light blue track you can see tall grasses growing around it. The purple piece is in a terrible place to start stacking new track. Probably just a screw up.

I think all the rust pieces on the side of the building are ours. I’m counting 40 plus pieces in that area.

I’m a little surprised we haven’t seen the Hershey pieces being moved yet. They are well along on their footers so I’m not sure what the delay is.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, aj74205 said:

The Bat and Vortex are not clones in the same sense that Bizarro and Scream are not clones. The Bat was 100% a clone of Vortex placed onto KI terrain. Top Gun (The Bat) was built in 1993, Vortex in 1991. Kings Island's sister park at the time (Paramount's Great America) also got a Top Gun coaster in 1993 which is low key one of the best B&M inverts ever built. It's interesting to ponder how things would have shaken out if KI got a custom B&M invert during that era. 

Also, let me echo the thanks to @Captain Nemo for some amazing pics! It's good to see the progress at CSF, it looks like they've gotten up to the drop now. I have mixed feelings about such a similar color scheme to Millennium Force, but it'll be slightly brighter and I'm sure look amazing on the skyline.

The Bat.png

Great picture showing the comparison! To me, Bat looks like a “tighter” version of Vortex (as the latter seems more drawn out). Wonder which is more intense?

30 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I’m a little surprised we haven’t seen the Hershey pieces being moved yet. They are well along on their footers so I’m not sure what the delay is.

Well according to this Instagram post today, some pieces were delivered to Hershey

Screenshot_20190620-214102.png

11 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Great picture showing the comparison! To me, Bat looks like a “tighter” version of Vortex (as the latter seems more drawn out). Wonder which is more intense?

The layouts are the same, so really the ride experience is very similar. I liked going over the water with Vortex (haven't ridden since Yukon Striker) but The Bat feels faster because there are so many mature trees all around, there's near misses almost the whole time.

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Well according to this Instagram post today, some pieces were delivered to Hershey

Good to see track on site at Hershey, it's looked ready to ship out for a while. 

Vortex at CW also has 6 car trains where as The Bat at KI has 7 which might differentiate the experiences.
Vortex at CW also has smaller wheels on its trains compared to Our Bat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Thanks- @aj74205 for the comparison!  I find it interesting that the turnaround helix on both rides ended up interacting closely with other rides.  On Top Gun, that train flew so close to Son of Beast.  It was always fun to watch!  Obviously, Yukon Striker has a tunnel under that same helix on Vortex.

Edit: To add to the confusion about the differences between Bat and Vortex, RCDB.com has a picture of Vortex's plate which lists a recommended speed of 100 km/h which converts to 62 mph.  RCDB says Vortex's speed is 55 mph, so ????  I'm guessing the speeds were actually measured at some point since they are less than the speed listed on the ride plate.  I can see how speed would be variable depending on what conditions they were measured under.  Weather can play a big factor, along with beginning/end of season. 

I'm wondering if the differences in length are simply a mistake.  These rides were pre-internet so I'm sure accurate information was hard to come by for RCDB.  Now, all they have to do is copy the announcement information.  (I have a great appreciation for this website though!) 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Screenshot_20190620-214102.png

just a thought here if that is the hershy track on site, then those supports behind it are definitely for it too, and they're a much more white grey than the dark ones we were talking about, so i'm still on board with the dark grey ones being either primer or finished for KI

On 6/19/2019 at 3:37 PM, thatguyfromohio said:

9154cb65c2b949967d8501f7ad5328f3.jpg
Possibly. Same 2 lower colors. Track blue, support gray like this building. That’s our teaser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call! 

I'm still banking on seeing teasers after July 7th.  End of Carnivale and Gold goes away the same day. As in years past, I'm sure the announcement will come along with sales starting for 2020 season passes.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:02 PM, Captain Nemo said:

On 6/19/2019 at 3:02 PM, Captain Nemo said:

Here are photos from today's flight over the construction site and the steel fab site. Took at least 400 photos, here are a snippit of them.

Enjoy,

-Captain Nemo (Gabriel) 

DSC_5467.JPG

Screenshot_20190620-214102.thumb.png.e7757cfe15f21f43057960ba31c2a21b.png

I think I know what happened here:

B&M: Yo Hershey, you like this color for your supports?

HP: Yea

B&M: Yo KI, you like this color for your supports?

KI: Yea

B&M: Yes, hello? Can we just double that order of gray paint?

So where exactly is the queue for this going? 

43 minutes ago, Joshua said:

So where exactly is the queue for this going? 

Going here. Red outline is for the main queue, and the green outline is either single-rider or Fast Lane/Pass/whatever it's called. Both queues will pass thru the quonset hut. The main queue has multiple misty fans and FUN TVs (seriously, it's in the blueprints). 

queue.jpg

28 minutes ago, Rifleman said:

it looks like it is going to be used as an overflow queue for FOF

I wonder if they're assuming that FOF's ridership will skyrocket simply via proximity or if Firehawk's former queue will be overflow for the new ride until things die down?

Fun fact: FOF's "pre-shows" were designed to only be heard once. There are two: the radio programs that played outside and the video inside. In theory, with four trains running at full capacity, riders would be moved along quickly enough to hear the outdoor recordings once and see the video once before entering the saucer. Not that the ride ever ran with four trains, moved that efficiently, or had that much up time at the outset...

@BSBMX - am I interpreting the above drawings correctly in that the exit path of Project X will lead to the Firehawk queue stairs (which used to lead you down and to one of the stations)?

@BSBMX that information on the plate will show the steel type, thickness, batch number, probably some other information.  

Source: I work for a company that uses a ton of sheet metal.

As for reusing the old Firehawk queue.  The capacity of this thing would eat through that queue in like 30 seconds.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

I wonder if they're assuming that FOF's ridership will skyrocket simply via proximity or if Firehawk's former queue will be overflow for the new ride until things die down?

Fun fact: FOF's "pre-shows" were designed to only be heard once. There are two: the radio programs that played outside and the video inside. In theory, with four trains running at full capacity, riders would be moved along quickly enough to hear the outdoor recordings once and see the video once before entering the saucer. Not that the ride ever ran with four trains, moved that efficiently, or had that much up time at the outset...

@BSBMX - am I interpreting the above drawings correctly in that the exit path of Project X will lead to the Firehawk queue stairs (which used to lead you down and to one of the stations)?

If you go back and look at @Captain Nemo's photos on the last page.  It appears that the steps are staying, but that they might be putting in some footings for a bridge or deck.  Otherwise, I'm not seeing anyway of getting handicapped to and from the ride with the steps on the entrance and exit.

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

My theory is that we are going to see a full retheme of FoF and Xbase in general. This would explain why the que is getting an overflow section. It would also explain the trademark of both Polaris and Orion. Also the large Xbase sign was removed recently.

I think I could get on board with this. It will be sad to see the FoF name go away unless they name it like "Orion - Flight of Fear" or "Polaris - Flight of Fear" that would be cool too. I like your theory though!

35 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

@BSBMX that information on the plate will show the steel type, thickness, batch number, probably some other information.  

Source: I work for a company that uses a ton of sheet metal.

As for reusing the old Firehawk queue.  The capacity of this thing would eat through that queue in like 30 seconds.

That's what I figured, I just want to see if the zoom is good enough to actually show what it says.

36 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

30 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

If you go back and look at @Captain Nemo's photos on the last page.  It appears that the steps are staying, but that they might be putting in some footings for a bridge or deck.  Otherwise, I'm not seeing anyway of getting handicapped to and from the ride with the steps on the entrance and exit.

Yes the existing steps will remain, but they're not for the exit of the new coaster's exit. Instead, they lead to the maintenance area of the new coaster (my image below doesn't fully show it, but the path with steps leads directly to the maintenance steps coming from the coaster's station). 

The foundation wall (in yellow below) is a bit misleading, but the exit path will go right over it while remaining fairly level (for wheelchairs). Note how the entrance queue go right over the foundation wall as well. This is just a sub-surface retaining wall I'm guessing. 

area.jpg

Could this be our first teasers? I have no idea but this was on fye coasters and it ask does anybody know what this is from? Source-https://www.instagram.com/p/By-SVpvB65v/?igshid=x31s2s721ove

DB322ADB-E893-4CB6-AEBA-451838D53D6E.thumb.png.18fb0783cf4ebe337b4f920523a0fd5a.png

FYE Coasters does this every Friday. It’s just a fun guessing game and the answers right now are Soak City hence the Danger: Chlorine sign. Not everything is going to be a teaser. Have patience, the park will start doing them soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, teenageninja said:

Thanks! I see it now. Trying to envision how the crew will change out all the trash cans using those stairs. I imagine all trash will have to be bertha'd away to the nearest food stand, and then the next closest when the first food stand is already backed up with weeks of un-emptied dumpsters and decaying ice cream. Big if true. 

59 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Yes the existing steps will remain, but they're not for the exit of the new coaster's exit. Instead, they lead to the maintenance area of the new coaster (my image below doesn't fully show it, but the path with steps leads directly to the maintenance steps coming from the coaster's station). 

The foundation wall (in yellow below) is a bit misleading, but the exit path will go right over it while remaining fairly level (for wheelchairs). Note how the entrance queue go right over the foundation wall as well. This is just a sub-surface retaining wall I'm guessing. 

Thanks for the clarification and insight, the wall was definitely throwing me off. Appreciate it!