fryoj

Decoding 2020

42 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Wow... this forum is kinda slow now lol

I guess when you know the whole layout and color scheme of a coaster, there isn’t much to decode. I miss the days when I would log on and see pages and pages of new comments all within an hour period because something big was revealed. Maybe, when teasers show up, we will see that happen again. I do think that the layout leaking early was a good thing, though, because now people won’t be caught off guard and all upset when the coaster is not the tallest, fastest, and longest giga in the world.

5 hours ago, homestar92 said:

I realize this is very pedantic, but it's Congo Falls, not the flume. Those signs can only be seen from inside of Timberwolf. 

Ahh, I stand corrected. I thought it was the gate by Mystic Timbers. 

Are you guys really surprised that the decoding ground to a halt when you got access to the blueprints within weeks of the park opening and have been going through them with a fine tooth comb since then?  

Its just a waiting game until the announcement and vertical construction at this point. 

I'm not sure If I could handle that...that sounds brutal as hell, especially for something that will be over in a minute or two

I was there opening day, like one of the first 20 people on, the line was 5 hours before it crashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so...is this going to be a ride that we probably aren't going to be able to get on much for the first year or so?

I wouldn’t say that. If the crew is as efficient as Banshee, then you should be able to ride Project X quite a number of times next year.

^Would you say something like a 4 hour wait is going to be a common scenario for this thing? This is the first time I've ever followed a new attraction like this so I don't really know what it's going to be like. I know by 2018, Mystic Timbers lines didn't seem that bad at all, no idea what they were like year one though.

It’s hard to tell tbh. I think it’ll peak around 4-5 hours for opening weekend and maybe even the second weekend, but then I’d guess 1-2 hours max after that. Most summer days I’d assume less than an hour, but as I said before, it’s really hard to tell. SV consistently pulls multi-hour waits even into this year. I think Fury would be a closer comparison though. Whenever I’ve gone to Carowinds, it hasn’t been more than 30 minutes (though I first went in 2016). Plus, I believe KI pulls larger numbers on average than Carowinds (please correct me if I am wrong).

My guess, though, is that it will be around an hour wait the whole first year, as B&Ms are GP pleasers. Many normal park guests will flock to this ride unlike I305 which is often a station wait and rarely gets too crowded (from what I’ve been told.) It will be crowded, but hopefully worth the wait!

I doubt the line would be over 75 minutes most days after the first few weeks. B&Ms just eat at the lines. I think I waited about 4 hours for Banshee on opening day, but I’m pretty sure it broke down for like 35-45 minutes.  I think I waited about 2 hours for DB on opening day, but it was after that ridiculous line that wrapped around the Eiffel Tower. 

11 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I waited about 4 and 1/2 hours for Mystic Timbers on passholder preview night in 2017. 

How did the whole process of lining up take place? Was it just a huge crowd or line at the front gate waiting, then gates opened, followed by a running of the bulls back to MT? Or was there some sort of organization to the thing that didn't involved kids getting trampled?

(I specifically meant on pass holder preview night, but I guess opening night experiences would help too)

9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Steel Vengeance pulled those waits the first year imo mainly because of them running 1-2 trains most of the year. It's getting those waits this year I've heard because of stacking and the new cellphone policy. 

Shoot when I went about a month ago they couldn’t hardly keep the thing running and when they did only 2 train operation.  It took about 45 minutes to get through the line when entering immediately after a breakdown.

10 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

^Would you say something like a 4 hour wait is going to be a common scenario for this thing? This is the first time I've ever followed a new attraction like this so I don't really know what it's going to be like. I know by 2018, Mystic Timbers lines didn't seem that bad at all, no idea what they were like year one though.

It seems that people are telling horror stories of opening day crowds. On Diamondback’s opening morning, it went full queue, into Planet Snoopy, toward the Eiffel Tower, past Floral Clock, past the DB splash down and maxed out at Reds Hall of Fame Grill. The line came within about 30 feet of crossing back over itself. That never came close to happening again.

As long as this ride is running 3 trains and has minimal downtime, I think 90 minutes will be the extreme after the first few weekends.

With regards to queue design, you don’t design a permanent queue for opening day crowds. Since Diamondback, KI has had a plan with temp queues for opening day and the first few weekends. I’m sure the 2020 coaster will use the service road like Banshee did.

I’ve thought more about why the Firehawk queue isn’t being used for the new coaster. Logistically, it makes sense to move the entrance to the right side so that it doesn’t block FOF when the new ride goes beyond full queue. 

This way, the line will hug the fence-line on the right when it gets long and is probably why the food stand is being removed. Is FOF photo still gone? Maybe we’ll see some 20oz’s and pretzels being sold there.

I’m all for an RMC at some point but they seem to be prone, like Intamin, to breakdowns.  Some of that can be attributed to them being a newer company but I’ll take a B&M that I can actually ride all day.  Not worth waiting hours and hours bc a ride breaks down all the time.  It’s happened a ton when I tried to ride TTD at the point and still haven’t gotten on  it 

2 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

I’m all for an RMC at some point but they seem to be prone, like Intamin, to breakdowns.  Some of that can be attributed to them being a newer company but I’ll take a B&M that I can actually ride all day.  Not worth waiting hours and hours bc a ride breaks down all the time.  It’s happened a ton when I tried to ride TTD at the point and still haven’t gotten on  it 

That is just bad luck for you. I go to CP 7-8 times a season and get on every coaster there. B&M is going to have to do something different soon because they are running out of things to offer. The more technologically advanced the ride is....it may have some down time. I for one don't mind waiting for a ride that is more thrilling and is like nothing else out there.  But if your willing to not ride them that means less of a wait for me! Thank you!!! haha 

11 minutes ago, befat said:

It seems that people are telling horror stories of opening day crowds. On Diamondback’s opening morning, it went full queue, into Planet Snoopy, toward the Eiffel Tower, past Floral Clock, past the DB splash down and maxed out at Reds Hall of Fame Grill. The line came within about 30 feet of crossing back over itself. That never came close to happening again.

Diamondback opened during the Nickelodeon Universe era. Boy do I miss it!