fryoj

Decoding 2020

3 minutes ago, DustinTheNow said:

Got some great pics with my Canon EOS! These are just sneak previews with my phone. When I get the photos of my sim, I’ll post them here later tonight or tomorrow! 825613BE-D046-4D2D-964F-D64CCA00C4A3.jpeg8A7A03EA-FB70-4FAF-AACC-EAF6F55810A8.jpeg

Did you see any painted supports beyond the brown ones for Hershey?

On 6/22/2019 at 1:18 AM, KI Guy said:

I've never understood tolerating something as worse for the vast majority of the time for the purpose of making something better a small part of the time. (See also the new Royal Fountain).

Same here. I always understood that Fearfest/Haunt was both popular and lucrative for the park, but could never get past the things you described. 

Hopefully that doesn't happen with Flight of Fear. The saucer queue is a shadow of its 1996 self, but it provides a reprieve on warm days and some entertainment that distracts you from how long the line may be. 

Plus, it's like a 90s time capsule. Wonderful. 

13 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Same here. I always understood that Fearfest/Haunt was both popular and lucrative for the park, but could never get past the things you described. 

Hopefully that doesn't happen with Flight of Fear. The saucer queue is a shadow of its 1996 self, but it provides a reprieve on warm days and some entertainment that distracts you from how long the line may be. 

Plus, it's like a 90s time capsule. Wonderful. 

I did notice Saturday that the whole theme is dated for sure, but being a nostalgia nut like I am, it is awesome to stand in there and see the 90's-ness that it is. And you'll never ever in your life forget the part in the preshow "PLEASE, Dick". It was fun to remember back to the first time I rode that, when the queue was full outside, and inside!! 

5 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

I did notice Saturday that the whole theme is dated for sure, but being a nostalgia nut like I am, it is awesome to stand in there and see the 90's-ness that it is. And you'll never ever in your life forget the part in the preshow "PLEASE, Dick". It was fun to remember back to the first time I rode that, when the queue was full outside, and inside!! 

Such a vestige of a different era. When the ride opened, I had no interest in riding it. I was way too scared as a 7-year old, but I wanted to see the queue and set up so bad. I was absolutely enthralled (and X-Files was huge at the time): the building, the hangar, the queue storyline, the mysterious train launch, and the employees in military uniforms. Didn't even need to ride to have a good time. 

Over the years, and when I was still at the park, several heartfelt attempts were made to maintain and help clean up the scenery by various groups. Last I heard, it was still looking pretty good. 

But nostalgia is a personal thing. Diamondback is now 10 years old and I'm sure some will view this modern era in the way others look back. 

"Remember when Cedar Fair built all those B&M coasters? The 2010's were weird, man."

37 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Diamondback opened during the Nickelodeon Universe era. Boy do I miss it! 

That’s right! I forgot about that. It’s crazy that Nickelodeon Universe was only around for 4 seasons (excluding Nickelodeon Central). NU was so well done.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Over the years, and when I was still at the park, several heartfelt attempts were made to maintain and help clean up the scenery by various groups. Last I heard, it was still looking pretty good. 

The UFO itself is pretty dusty, but honestly, it has stood the test of time (and guests that tear things up because they think it makes them cool) really well. The rest of the scenery in the show building actually looked really good. The efforts have not gone un-noticed. I'm actually kind of sad that they've gone to the LCD screen monitors for the show though. It would have that 100% 90's feel if the old CRT screens were still hanging in the scaffolds throughout the show room!! 

2 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

That is just bad luck for you. I go to CP 7-8 times a season and get on every coaster there. B&M is going to have to do something different soon because they are running out of things to offer. The more technologically advanced the ride is....it may have some down time. I for one don't mind waiting for a ride that is more thrilling and is like nothing else out there.  But if your willing to not ride them that means less of a wait for me! Thank you!!! haha 

Never said I wasn’t willing to ride them haha.  I just don’t have a lot of patience I suppose.  I agree B&M will have to ate their game eventually but reliability will always reign over something that hasn’t been done before but never runs.  I should add I haven’t been to CP in years so that explains not getting on TTD haha. 5 hour drive from Indy compared to 2 for KI...would like to go back eventually though.  I tell my wife all the time she hasn’t see anything in size of rides until she visits CP.  

Just now, FirefighterENG44 said:

Never said I wasn’t willing to ride them haha.  I just don’t have a lot of patience I suppose.  I agree B&M will have to ate their game eventually but reliability will always reign over something that hasn’t been done before but never runs.  I should add I haven’t been to CP in years so that explains not getting on TTD haha. 5 hour drive from Indy compared to 2 for KI...would like to go back eventually though.  I tell my wife all the time she hasn’t see anything in size of rides until she visits CP.  

It may reign for you! lol I want a more thrilling coaster. If GateKeeper and Maverick both has 3 hour waits.....I'd rather wait for Maverick. Same goes for Mill Force over Diamondback if they had 3 hour waits. its all based on personal preference . I know there are B&M fanboys just like there are Intimin. Haha I mean we could go back in forth forever. I am still holding out hopes they make a return to CF parks after Hagrid's and the 2020 Busch Gardens coasters.

33 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

It may reign for you! lol I want a more thrilling coaster. If GateKeeper and Maverick both has 3 hour waits.....I'd rather wait for Maverick. Same goes for Mill Force over Diamondback if they had 3 hour waits. its all based on personal preference . I know there are B&M fanboys just like there are Intimin. Haha I mean we could go back in forth forever. I am still holding out hopes they make a return to CF parks after Hagrid's and the 2020 Busch Gardens coasters.

They as in Intamin can only improve for sure.  But let’s be honest...no B&M will have a 3 hour wait bc if their capacity for riders as well as reliability...I get the point but that would never happen haha.  Have heard SV is amazing from my brother though 

4 minutes ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

They as in Intamin can only improve for sure.  But let’s be honest...no B&M will have a 3 hour wait bc if their capacity for riders as well as reliability...I get the point but that would never happen haha.  Have heard SV is amazing from my brother though 

YES you have to ride SV!

I mean what is the difference between what you said and a response for it? I mean your comment could be considered annoying as well??? I mean go figure a B&M fanboy thinking they are god! :D:P

It's all in good fun haha. If we could all just understand we all have our own opinions.

I am also not trying to start into this debate again so relax all!

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean, what is the difference between what you said and a response for it? I mean, your comment could be considered annoying as well??? I mean, go figure an Intamin fanboy thinking they are God! :D:P

It's all in good fun haha. If we could all just understand we all have our own opinions.

I fixed it for you. 

This is quite fun!

^Just saying if we choose to vote one of you off the island, I think we’re gonna keep the one that flies in the spy plane lmao

Back to the topic at hand, I think is this is a good point to reiterate how different B&M and Intamin gigas are. I’ve heard quite a few concerns that this new coaster will be just like Mille and there’s no point to building it when CP is “right there.” If you’ve ridden any combination of an Intamin giga and a B&M giga, it’s clear to see how different they actually are. The Intamins seem more focused on positives and low to the ground speed while the B&Ms, though also focusing on speed, put more attention into airtime and lats. I personally prefer that latter much more as I love airtime. Fury is an incredible ride, and if our giga rides anything like fury (which I’m sure it will), it will be nothing like Mille.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ This was actually something I talked about with a friend recently. KI's Giga had to be different from 3 different rides while still being great and unique. You don't want it to just be a carbon copy of Fury so you can't make the new ride just like it, even though Fury is an outstanding ride. You can't have it be super close to MF because of it's proximity and you want people to attend both parks. But you also can't have it be too airtime focused otherwise the GP will think its just larger Diamondback and then your attendance doesn't get the increase you want.

While you can complain about length, which no shortage of people are doing, I personally was extremely impressed with how B&M made this project different enough from all 3 while still making what seems to be a potentially top 10-15 ride. Going to be a very fun season next year and hopefully we see a really nice boost in attendance and maintain that so CF continues to see us as a park they can grow. 

12 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^Just saying if we choose to vote one of you off the island, I think we’re gonna keep the one that flies in the spy plane lmao

Back to the topic at hand, I think is this is a good point to reiterate how different B&M and Intamin gigas are. I’ve heard quite a few concerns that this new coaster will be just like Mille and there’s no point to building it when CP is “right there.” If you’ve ridden any combination of an Intamin giga and a B&M giga, it’s clear to see how different they actually are. The Intamins seem more focused on positives and low to the ground speed while the B&Ms, though also focusing on speed, put more attention into airtime and lats. I personally prefer that latter much more as I love airtime. Fury is an incredible ride, and if our giga rides anything like fury (which I’m sure it will), it will be nothing like Mille.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Psht voting off the island....such a B&M thing to say! haha I know it all in good fun.

Now between Fury and MF they are both great in their own ways. Such is every other coater lol Well unless its Vekoma. haha I don't hate on B&M for real. Really its to get under  the fanboys skin when they try to talk crap to me just because I prefer one over the other lol

Afterburn is amazing as is Fury. Carowinds def has my favorite B&M's.

12 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

My condolences.  

12 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

My condolences.  

You got your own problems living in KY although I can't talk about it here.