fryoj

Decoding 2020

4 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Yes it’s the same blue, to dark for pictures today, I can get them tomorrow 

Litrerally every time this dude is asked for pics there is some excuse. Not to be that guy but over the last 30 pages since he appeared and claimed he could get pics he has yet to deliver. Stop feeding the trolls please 

Litrerally every time this dude is asked for pics there is some excuse. Not to be that guy but over the last 30 pages since he appeared and claimed he could get pics he has yet to deliver. Stop feeding the trolls please 

Not true. I doubted him at first. He was the first to claim seeing blue track at CSF. His claim checked out. He’s young so he can’t easily get photos like you or I could. But he’s legit!

9 minutes ago, riptombraider said:

If only there were aerial photos!

13 minutes ago, riptombraider said:

Well jeez that’s a little harsh, did you not see that one post where I said I’m 14? I’m 14 years old with an iPhone camera that takes crappy pictures at night and I can’t drive around, I’m telling the truth and there is literally no reason to troll about seeing a piece of track , that is stupid. So could you please stop acting like I do nothing for this forum?

^WE DEMAND PHOTOS!!!!1! DELIVER ON YOUR CLAIMS OR YOU’LL BE BANNED FROM KICentral FOREVER!!!!!

Just to clarify, yes I am being sarcastic.

At this point I honestly don’t care to see more track/structures of the same blue color that we’ve seen a million times already. The main thing I’m waiting for now are some teasers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, shadow9542 said:

Do you guys think they'll try to theme the queue for the coaster in a similar way as they did for Mystic Timbers or do you think we'll see bare minimum theming like Banshee or none at all like Diamondback?

I'm all up for themeing, but I hope the execution is better then what Mystic Timbers promised. 

^^I’m not sure what exactly was promised for Mystic Timbers. All I remember is a “family woodie” with a shed at the end that would do... something. KI never said anything about it being elaborately themed to Disney standards. Most of the hype around the shed came from forums like this where enthusiasts speculated on what would be in the shed, from some animatronics to an inversion/drop track. As for what the shed is, it’s a well themed area that is much more enjoyable than sitting in the blazing heat on a boring brakerun imo. Plus, in terms of what major park chains usually do, MT is well themed, with such things as lift hill voiceovers, a small “movie” for the queue, and amazing music by IMAScore, in addition to the Shed.

I personally love the theming. Could they have done more? Yeah of course. But for what was done, I think it’s great!

33 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^WE DEMAND PHOTOS!!!!1! DELIVER ON YOUR CLAIMS OR YOU’LL BE BANNED FROM KICentral FOREVER!!!!!

Just to clarify, yes I am being sarcastic.

At this point I honestly don’t care to see more track/structures of the same blue color that we’ve seen a million times already. The main thing I’m waiting for now are some teasers.

Yeah. At this point we know the colors. I'd look at more pics, but theres nothing more we are going to learn from CSF. Personally I don't even think teasers matter at this point. Outside of the announcement and the lift getting built, there's not much exciting left. 

47 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

I'm all up for themeing, but I hope the execution is better then what Mystic Timbers promised. 

I thought Mystic Timbers executed it's theming quite well, actually. Walking up to the queue for the first time I was genuinely impressed because Kings Island has not tried theming of that level since Tomb Raider, and for a regional park they really did what they had to do. I just hope 2020 can take notes from what it did right.

What is your height measured at?  I know you got elevations from the prints, but do we know what those elevations are marked for?  Or to ask a different way, could they measure the height of the coaster from eye level, which by the time you add the trains and average height could push it up to 300' or higher.  The drop would be the same either way.

Looking at video from yesterday it seems like much hasn’t gotten done this week despite the good weather.

It seems like most of the piers have been poured. Do they have to wait a certain amount of time before pouring the footings on top?

Nothing has been done in the main layout yet outside of the drop and station area. I wonder why those blueprints haven’t been submitted and approved yet by Mason.

19 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Looking at video from yesterday it seems like much hasn’t gotten done this week despite the good weather.

It seems like most of the piers have been poured. Do they have to wait a certain amount of time before pouring the footings on top?

Nothing has been done in the main layout yet outside of the drop and station area. I wonder why those blueprints haven’t been submitted and approved yet by Mason.

The park probably learned its lesson after we managed to leak two sets of blueprints and has given the city an ultimatum to not tell us that information.

On a more serious note, it seems that construction outside of the station doesn't normally start until after we get an announcement, so I'd say that we might see them in a couple of weeks. If anyone has more experience, feel free to correct me.

11 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I have seen someone’s story on Instagram on something about valravn having a train to train collision , any body know anything or have any details?

Someone on Facebook said that same thing on a Cedar Point page. They also said a lot of other B.S though like Maverick Valleyed and so did Gemini haha So I am not sure.

1 hour ago, medford said:

What is your height measured at?  I know you got elevations from the prints, but do we know what those elevations are marked for?  Or to ask a different way, could they measure the height of the coaster from eye level, which by the time you add the trains and average height could push it up to 300' or higher.  The drop would be the same either way.

The datum (zero) elevation of the coaster is 740 ft. The height of the structure is 1035.9 ft. So it’s simple math for that, but I assume you know / knew that lol. To further answer your question, I think the park will call it 300 ft. Based on measurements in cad with scaled blueprints, Eye level is about 4 ft. 

8 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Its confirmed. The supports will be a light gray color, with the track obviously being that blue. I'll update this with pics when I drive back by. 

Can I have your source of information and how this is conformed please? haha :D:P