fryoj

Decoding 2020

On 6/29/2019 at 2:31 AM, Nutterie said:

Does anyone know where I can find the 4k pictures of the blueprints? I know they exist because I've seen youtubers like Variable use them to make replicas in planet coaster, but I can't seem to find them online. I want them because me and my friend are trying to take apart the whole thing bit by bit to understand exactly what we are dealing with.

The first post of the thread has links. 

6 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

You guys did this to yourselves by going to the the city records and getting the blueprints way too early. I thought the whole idea to this thread was to decode all the way to the announcement, just like with Banshee and Mystic Timbers. Some of you guys kinda ruined the whole decoding by getting too impatient and wanting to find your Christmas present before it was given to you. You just couldn’t wait for the park to start the teasing. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as a parent, but something needed to be said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it have made it better that the blueprints didn't get found until just before the announcement? Would people taking pictures of the footers been so much better than what we have now? We knew a B&M was coming in August. There was very little chance of it being anything but a giga. We pretty much knew where it was going when they announced Firehawks removal. Without the blueprints, we wouldn't know anything until the announcement. I mean sure we can have 9000 more drawings at people's guessed of where it go after the footers we have now, but I prefer knowing. 

20 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Has this always been here, on YouTube there was an update and the guy walked up to the fence and I saw this, it looks like a runway , runway= jet = Quonset huts in queue line = project x 

69910482-D6C0-48FA-B287-33758761E220.jpeg

I think it has been there for a while now. When Firehawk opened, they had all of these white lines painted on the concrete, and maybe those marks you are seeing are the remnants after the paint was removed. I’ll try to find a picture, but good question!

Next time in the park I'll try to get pictures of this, but I saw a couple hats at the emporium that I thought were interesting. They were covered in reflective silver material and had Kings Island written on them in a Sci-Fi looking font, one of them had a bill with a Nebula patten on it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, are those new this season? I'm wondering if they had something to do with the new coaster, they didn't have FoF written on them or anything.

Well you have to consider that that last 2 giga installments to the chain I305 and Fury325 both have #'s. So they are the most recent so its also possible that it does in my eyes.
Your forgetting Leviathan, which was built after 305 and before Fury.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Next time in the park I'll try to get pictures of this, but I saw a couple hats at the emporium that I thought were interesting. They were covered in reflective silver material and had Kings Island written on them in a Sci-Fi looking font, one of them had a bill with a Nebula patten on it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, are those new this season? I'm wondering if they had something to do with the new coaster, they didn't have FoF written on them or anything.

Construction hats or just caps? Also do these look any similar to the font? Edit- never mind it probably has to do something with space beagle

8D9C941D-3BB9-42AE-8112-5FCF434AD226.png

935B04B6-3BAC-4555-B075-CF46B24A4C49.png

5CFE2B6A-009F-481F-8AF4-5A571814674C.png

@collin.klopfstein They were baseball caps. The font iirc was basically exactly the one that says Space Age in the last screen cap under "15 Free Techno Fonts". I hadn't thought about it maybe having something to do with Space Beagle, but for what it's worth it definitely didn't look that way to me. There was no branding on it whatsoever besides "Kings Island".

39 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

@collin.klopfstein They were baseball caps. The font iirc was basically exactly the one that says Space Age in the last screen cap under "15 Free Techno Fonts". I hadn't thought about it maybe having something to do with Space Beagle, but for what it's worth it definitely didn't look that way to me. There was no branding on it whatsoever besides "Kings Island".

Oh yeah I guess they would put like snoopy on their or something if it had to do with that, maybe it is our first teaser :o

Just now, collin.klopfstein said:

Oh yeah I guess they would put like snoopy on their or something if it had to do with that, maybe it is our first teaser :o

I'm going to the park this week, I'll get a picture.

^Definitely wouldn't be a bad name at all if they had kept it. Still not completely sold it's going to be as simple as Polaris or Orion though. Were you the one that mentioned earlier that they trademarked a bunch of stuff before Mystic Timbers and Banshee and none of them were the names? Honestly that gives me hope. I do kind of like Polaris but I just feel like it needs something else.

The past several pages have been a bit contentious with the decoding/not decoding conversation. Hang on folks, I have a feeling the next week or two are going to really get this thread back on track and moving along.

Likely events:

~ Grand Carnivale ends next weekend. Will we see our first teasers next weekend or the week after? IIRC Fury 325 teasers showed up first on July 7th. That’s next weekend...

~ New Blueprints will likely be filed in the next week or two. Blueprints for the remainder of the ride (everything outside of the drop/station area) have yet to be filed. The drop/station area has been completely drilled and piers poured. There is no additional drilling to be done on the current prints available at Mason. It would be great if someone that lives close can get there soon to check.

~Hershey track has been spotted in PA which is going to clear a lot more storage for our GIGA. CSF has been pumping out track and all of the 40 or so rusty pieces are likely to get painted shortly.

In other words... after the past month of nothing (besides awesome construction photos), Speculation is about to get going again!!!

4 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I’ve worked at Emporium since October of 2017 and we have had those hats as long as I’ve been there.

54 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I’ve worked at Emporium since October of 2017 and we have had those hats as long as I’ve been there.

I was afraid someone was going to say that, can't say I'm really surprised though. Thanks! I knew someone on here would have an answer.

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Now in 2020, Centauri may come.

That would be a cool name.

So the more I think about it the more I think the new coaster won't be space themed. It's just too similar to FOF. None of the other areas in the park have rides that match that well. If they did make is space/alien/rocket theme then they would need to stick with that for all other future rides or attractions in Xbase if they ever expand, which they probably will in the next 10-15 years I would think. 

So I'm wondering what everyone thinks some possible themes could be that would go with Xbase/FOF but not be space themed? Let's also assume Orion and Polaris are not the name since we don't know that one of those will be it yet. 

Im thinking :

futuristic 

Military/ jet

Mad scientist 

any other ideas? 

I really do think it will be somehow tied into a military/space theme. If you look at the blueprints it even looks like the station has a crest similar to the "Bureau of Paranormal Activity" one that FoF has. It's such a small area of the park that I really do think it makes sense to give it a coherent theme. Also, if they do go that direction, it will be the first time they've done so since 1996. Diamondback and Mystic Timbers seem to loosely fit with Rivertown, Banshee and The Bat seem to fit well together, I don't see why they wouldn't try to make the two rides that will be in that area mesh together somehow.

4 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I really do think it will be somehow tied into a military/space theme. If you look at the blueprints it even looks like the station has a crest similar to the "Bureau of Paranormal Activity" one that FoF has. It's such a small area of the park that I really do think it makes sense to give it a coherent theme. Also, if they do go that direction, it will be the first time they've done so since 1996. Diamondback and Mystic Timbers seem to loosely fit with Rivertown, Banshee and The Bat seem to fit well together, I don't see why they wouldn't try to make the two rides that will be in that area mesh together somehow.

5E63C4CA-4CD0-4956-B30F-4D8ADB09DBAD.png

DA3C5E8A-F954-4D5B-95FD-5485A828B9E4.jpeg