Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I had a strange dream last night.  All of this clearing, blueprints, construction, etc were merely a smokescreen.  What the park actually built was a full-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower.  It was built by Intamin.  But this attraction had a Skyride attached to it that stopped at the 50 ft platform of the original Eiffel Tower (by Intamin) and then went to a renovated Drop Tower, also made by Intamin.  It stopped on top, where you ziplined back to the New Intamin Eiffel Tower, which is actually a polar coaster until you get to the 300 ft level where it takes a dramatic twist and turns into a dueling blitz coaster by Intamin with green track.  You stayed in a Mobius loop that took you under a reinforced Vortex, stopped by the Rivertown Freestyle Refresh station that was closed and went back to the area formerly known as Coney Mall to X-Base.  

Then I woke up, used the restroom, washed my hands, made coffee, took my dog out to use the restroom, came back, washed my hands, drank coffee and ate a funnel cake and went back to bed. 

@Maverick44, would you approve of this if were Project X?

You have my stamp of approval!!! I wish to have this dream!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, silver2005 said:

We didn't ever pin DB, Banshee or Mystic Timbers for the name despite many trademarked names that came out for all 3.

Some of us absolutely pinned down Banshee. I pretty much assumed that was the name as soon as I saw the sign referencing "Bone-chilling screams"

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homestar92 said:

Some of us absolutely pinned down Banshee. I pretty much assumed that was the name as soon as I saw the sign referencing "Bone-chilling screams"

I did some digging and you're absolutely correct. Page 7 of the Decoding 2014 topic. Page 7! Trademark application. This particular user guessed 'Banshee' on page 4 of the same thread. Crazy to get that correct so early on. 

 

B242860E-7C99-4C67-8F76-83D83F130821.png

D128780C-C486-4F04-9866-F86B6F3C0B96.png

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question. Why would Cedar Fair submit only the drop and station blueprints? I’m sure everything else would have already been completed as well at the same time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So people like us don't gain access all at once.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The construction thread has been created! Please read the first post before posting.

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The construction thread has been created! Please read the first post before posting.

 

So, you had others wait, so you could create it? Silly Brad. :-P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Soooo what now?

Should heat up tomorrow or the day after that because teasers happened this time of the month for Diamondback

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

I'm not sure if it's just an internet thing or what, because I fee like people aren't like this so much in person. There have been 2 cases in this thread alone where someone had "corrected" me, but had actually said the same thing I did, they were just so eager to do it they hadn't taken the time to comprehend what I was saying. There were also times where 2 different members who were obviously children were laughed at and mocked for sharing their opinions. 

I'm like you though, I stopped coming here when that mod was handing down infractions for not capitalizing ride names.

Wow haha. That's absolutely pathetic and they should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves for coming up with that. 

Now that you mention it, I do recall reading a reply in this thread weeks back from someone saying people should be banned for misspellings and alluded to it being a rule? Ha ha unbelievable that people like this exist.

I swear it's almost like some of these people purposefully want to drive people away so it can be their "thing." Unfortunately with anything that receives fandom, you always have these types of people who who want to be the biggest and most knowledgeable fan, to the point they're willing to **** on others to drive them away. That's definitely the vibe I get here from some users unfortunately. 

 

10 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We want things to stay positive on KIC and as Maverick said, be a big family. Dicussing and going back and forth over who is negative with each other is not productive in the forum (especially in this thread.)

If you did not like what someone posted, then send them a PM to let them respectfully know how you feel or get clarification on their post. If their post is violating the TOS, then please use the report button so a mod can take care of it. 

As far as this thread, it will remain and not be renamed. A new contruction thread will be coming really soon.

First off, thank you for the reply. I respect what you wrote but I just want to point out the entire purpose of my post was to bring attention to the entire message board regarding outsiders being scared off by the overall tone of the message board. With all due respect, sending private messages to 10+ different users who constantly have attitude problems on here is likely a waste of time and doesn't alert the community as a whole to the problem. Judging by the fact that someone else replied almost immediately agreeing that they don't participate for the same reasons, it's fair to assume there are plenty more lurking in the shadows who would otherwise be participating, so there definitely is a problem here. Sending private messages to the people who are rude/hostile isn't going to change anything unfortunately which is why I just decided to log in for the first time in 10 years and attempt to alert the community that people are being scared away.

But again, I respect what you wrote and thank you for your reply. I won't be taking this any further and had only intended on writing the one post and being finished with it. As stated before, I do like this site or I wouldn't be checking back in. I don't know if I'll be posting further but perhaps I'll join in sometime. 

Regardless, enjoy 2020 everyone! Take care. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am calling it... teasers on Friday! When Grand Carnivale is wrapping up!

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

long time follower, just never felt the need to join in considering you guys do such a great job collaborating to figure out "what's coming next".... With that said, I noticed on the blueprints, page sheet C-1, that it says (PROGRESS PRINT, NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION, 5.08.2019) at the bottom/right side right next to the Kings Island logo!  Has anyone else noticed this yet? What could it mean? Its been bothering me since the blueprints were received and I was hoping someone would/could elaborate on this, thanks!  I really look forward to this new addition to Kings Island as it is my home park!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious still and I kind of feel like we are jumping to conclusions, the blueprints and calculations don’t add up to 300+ ft. The blueprints do give us a footer layout and electrical work which needs to be done prior to building said Coaster. Is it possible that the track layout given on submitted blueprints could be to fill in for the Supports and Electrical to start vertical construction? Maybe just maybe we are getting something other than a Giga with the same footer and support placement but different track and elements. If they knew MTs layout was leaked due to filing for proper permits then they held off on track and all elements until the new attraction was announced. They have teased us with a Wing Coaster, in the past, just food for thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CoasterLover859 said:

 I noticed on the blueprints, page sheet C-1, that it says (PROGRESS PRINT, NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION, 5.08.2019) at the bottom/right side right next to the Kings Island logo!  Has anyone else noticed this yet? What could it mean? 

I'd guess it means the document was detailed/accurate enough for it's purpose, but not for actual construction. I don't think it changes anything. @BSBMX any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jj20coloh said:

I’m curious still and I kind of feel like we are jumping to conclusions, the blueprints and calculations don’t add up to 300+ ft. The blueprints do give us a footer layout and electrical work which needs to be done prior to building said Coaster. Is it possible that the track layout given on submitted blueprints could be to fill in for the Supports and Electrical to start vertical construction? Maybe just maybe we are getting something other than a Giga with the same footer and support placement but different track and elements. If they knew MTs layout was leaked due to filing for proper permits then they held off on track and all elements until the new attraction was announced. They have teased us with a Wing Coaster, in the past, just food for thought.

Sorry for the double post here, but we do know that the coaster has a 301 foot drop based on calculations done by members of this forum at least, and the blueprint does show the train model in the diagram which looks like the standard b&m giga train.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Sorry for the double post here, but we do I know that the coaster has a 301 foot drop based on calculations done by members of The forum at least, and the blueprint does show the train model in the diagram which looks like the standard b&m giga train.

^^

4253A7FE-9075-4C65-8640-E2B7745F3887.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out track, MCT, also has to be a B&M mega coaster, either a hyper or a giga because MC is the label B&M gives to these types of rides in their catalog. Good question/theory though!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This can’t really be anything but a giga given this lift hill.

41D9C27D-A62C-4260-BDC8-BDB48FEDC5C9.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone confirmed the blue track is MCT? I know there was a really blurry photo that kind of looked like MCT but nothing clearly showing it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know about labeling but it’s 100% for Project X considering it’s giga track. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plot twist. The blue track is actually for MCS

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Has anyone confirmed the blue track is MCT? I know there was a really blurry photo that kind of looked like MCT but nothing clearly showing it...

Oh! I can’t believe nobody actually confirmed the track! I’ve also been so lazy after my trip to Batavia last week! It’s ashame too because I got some solid pictures!:lol: ... anyway, yes it is MCT! Check out these pics! C0E0B340-62DD-467B-AC81-7880295EDEEB.jpeg630A4110-A5AB-4B73-A5F4-7CE678DDE92B.jpeg

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, fryoj said:

Plot twist. The blue track is actually for MCS

Wait, Middletown Christian Schools is getting their own giga? That explains the blue! :D 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CoasterLover859 said:

long time follower, just never felt the need to join in considering you guys do such a great job collaborating to figure out "what's coming next".... With that said, I noticed on the blueprints, page sheet C-1, that it says (PROGRESS PRINT, NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION, 5.08.2019) at the bottom/right side right next to the Kings Island logo!  Has anyone else noticed this yet? What could it mean? Its been bothering me since the blueprints were received and I was hoping someone would/could elaborate on this, thanks!  I really look forward to this new addition to Kings Island as it is my home park!

 

8 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I'd guess it means the document was detailed/accurate enough for it's purpose, but not for actual construction. I don't think it changes anything. @BSBMX any thoughts?

I can't say for sure of course, but it didn't strike me as odd when I first saw it. On the same page, it also says "Entry Plaza Concept". I take this as either a conceptual sheet giving an overall macro view of what the entrance/exit area will look like, or this is just a sheet for "big wigs" when they want an update on where the project's progress is. On the top right, it's dated either 12/9/18 or 9/12/18. The way it's formatted with periods doesn't make it readily clear when this date was--I've seen both dd.mm.yy and mm.dd.yy formats depending on country of origin and drawing standard (e.g., ISO, AIA, BS, etc.) being used. Regardless if it's September or December, the date in the header is 5.08.19, which is where I'm guessing they want to be by that date (whether it's May or August). 

My guess is that the upper-right date is September 12, 2018 (when the drawing was made), and the lower date is August 5, 2019 (where they plan on having complete by that date). And yes, this C-1 has a whole lot of stuff on here (track, queue line, station building, etc.), but the only things that have legit labels next to them (for the coaster) are the footings. So perhaps that as of the future August 5, 2019 date, just the footings is all we're going to see in this area, with no vertical construction yet. That would give us a "Progress Print" of the project as of 8/5/19. I hope I'm wrong as I'm anxious like the rest of you all to see some vertical construction, but that's my interpretation of this drawing.

Also note Jeff's name. He was a co-designer of The Beast and is still at KI. Awesome to see his name on some of these drawings.

ki.jpg

jeff.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

That would give us a "Progress Print" of the project as of 8/5/19

If I understand correctly, does that basically mean that by 8/5, they only expect to have the footers done that we see in the first set of blueprints? 

Based on previous years, does that give any clues to anyone on when we might see an announcement? I'm not sure how far along they usually are before announcing, but I was under the impression that they seem to time it so the ride is announced around the time they are ready to start vertical construction. Based on this, do you guys think we may be looking at around the end of August for the reveal event?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BSBMX said:

I did some digging and you're absolutely correct. Page 7 of the Decoding 2014 topic. Page 7! Trademark application. This particular user guessed 'Banshee' on page 4 of the same thread. Crazy to get that correct so early on. 

 

B242860E-7C99-4C67-8F76-83D83F130821.png

D128780C-C486-4F04-9866-F86B6F3C0B96.png

Oh wow, I honestly didn't even remember this process or actually guessing this correctly (Even after the announcement)!!! Maybe a product of getting old?!?!  Thank you for digging that up!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

If I understand correctly, does that basically mean that by 8/5, they only expect to have the footers done that we see in the first set of blueprints? 

Based on previous years, does that give any clues to anyone on when we might see an announcement? I'm not sure how far along they usually are before announcing, but I was under the impression that they seem to time it so the ride is announced around the time they are ready to start vertical construction. Based on this, do you guys think we may be looking at around the end of August for the reveal event?

I'd say that this particular sheet is the only progress expected by August 5th for this particular area only. Piers/footings for the rest of the coaster may start before then, but can't say for sure (unless someone could stop by the city hall and see if new blueprints have been submitted!). There are also missing pages from that set of blueprints (note that at least E7.1 and E7.3 are missing from that batch), so maybe those would reveal more info if they're ever released.

Using Fury as a reference, the announcement was August 21, but the first track/support pieces didn't show up until August 19 (based on what I can tell from the speculation thread on CC's forum). So in that case, there was no vertical construction going on until after the announcement. But they did have a good looking piece of track there for the announcement, which would be pretty cool to see up close in this case too.

 

 

5 minutes ago, pyrocoasterkid said:

Oh wow, I honestly didn't even remember this process or actually guessing this correctly (Even after the announcement)!!! Maybe a product of getting old?!?!  Thank you for digging that up!

No problem!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The electrical drawings were an In-progress print dated 5/8/19 and were generated for an electrical permit submittal and approval only.  (Likewise for the station area and lift footing permit submission as well ). The base information shown was current on 5/8/19 and was deemed complete enough to submit for electrical approval from the City of Mason.  That does not mean the underlying design was complete - and it could possibly change.   Since they are fabricating the steel currently, then the design for the version shown on the 5/8/19 drawings most likely is correct since the shop drawings would have had to been produced a while ago. What is unknown and to fuel the fire further, is if the electrical designer had the most current information available for their drawings dated 5/8/19?  Would it make a substantive difference on the electrical design if the lift hill is 10 feet higher? (No) For the foundation design and submittal? (Yes)  Keep in mind that the permit approval process is Proof of Concept only and a review of compliance with local and/or national electrical and building codes. 

I am not sure the City has jurisdiction over the vertical construction, that may well rest with the State Department of Agriculture. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...