Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

^^^ I am not sure if that helps this situation or not?? Lets just move on!!

So I think someone asked if someone was going to go city hall to check on new blue prints. Has this been done yet?  Did I miss t hat post? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

When you wake up in the morning and first thing you do is check ki central forums and think there is something exciting going on when it’s actually people arguing and other people trying to stop it :l

Did you at least go to the bathroom first?

AND wash your hands??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

So I think someone asked if someone was going to go city hall to check on new blue prints. Has this been done yet?  Did I miss t hat post? lol

I don’t believe anyone has gone yet recently, but I would be perfectly okay with someone going!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally wake up....pee.... wash hands....eat...shower...brush teeth....get dressed....leave for work....then get on my computer and check when I missed out on. I sometimes use Tapatalk while at home if I am in a heated debate because I said the word Intamin haha :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

4th pic down you a can see the very top ( start of drop) of the Hershey coaster! haha

Ohh good catch! This is kinda unrelated, but here's a closer shot of a similar piece on China's new "Flight of the Himalayan Eagle Music Roller Coaster" (FOTHEMRC is one heck of an acronym). That small box acts as a cover to the return sprocket of the chain. 

Pic from RCDB.

https://rcdb.com/15115.htm

box.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a strange dream last night.  All of this clearing, blueprints, construction, etc were merely a smokescreen.  What the park actually built was a full-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower.  It was built by Intamin.  But this attraction had a Skyride attached to it that stopped at the 50 ft platform of the original Eiffel Tower (by Intamin) and then went to a renovated Drop Tower, also made by Intamin.  It stopped on top, where you ziplined back to the New Intamin Eiffel Tower, which is actually a polar coaster until you get to the 300 ft level where it takes a dramatic twist and turns into a dueling blitz coaster by Intamin with green track.  You stayed in a Mobius loop that took you under a reinforced Vortex, stopped by the Rivertown Freestyle Refresh station that was closed and went back to the area formerly known as Coney Mall to X-Base.  

Then I woke up, used the restroom, washed my hands, made coffee, took my dog out to use the restroom, came back, washed my hands, drank coffee and ate a funnel cake and went back to bed. 

@Maverick44, would you approve of this if were Project X?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I had a strange dream last night.  All of this clearing, blueprints, construction, etc were merely a smokescreen.  What the park actually built was a full-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower.  It was built by Intamin.  But this attraction had a Skyride attached to it that stopped at the 50 ft platform of the original Eiffel Tower (by Intamin) and then went to a renovated Drop Tower, also made by Intamin.  It stopped on top, where you ziplined back to the New Intamin Eiffel Tower, which is actually a polar coaster until you get to the 300 ft level where it takes a dramatic twist and turns into a dueling blitz coaster by Intamin with green track.  You stayed in a Mobius loop that took you under a reinforced Vortex, stopped by the Rivertown Freestyle Refresh station that was closed and went back to the area formerly known as Coney Mall to X-Base.  

Then I woke up, used the restroom, washed my hands, made coffee, took my dog out to use the restroom, came back, washed my hands, drank coffee and ate a funnel cake and went back to bed. 

@Maverick44, would you approve of this if were Project X?

You have my stamp of approval!!! I wish to have this dream!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 12:04 PM, silver2005 said:

We didn't ever pin DB, Banshee or Mystic Timbers for the name despite many trademarked names that came out for all 3.

Some of us absolutely pinned down Banshee. I pretty much assumed that was the name as soon as I saw the sign referencing "Bone-chilling screams"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homestar92 said:

Some of us absolutely pinned down Banshee. I pretty much assumed that was the name as soon as I saw the sign referencing "Bone-chilling screams"

I did some digging and you're absolutely correct. Page 7 of the Decoding 2014 topic. Page 7! Trademark application. This particular user guessed 'Banshee' on page 4 of the same thread. Crazy to get that correct so early on. 

 

B242860E-7C99-4C67-8F76-83D83F130821.png

D128780C-C486-4F04-9866-F86B6F3C0B96.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

I'm not sure if it's just an internet thing or what, because I fee like people aren't like this so much in person. There have been 2 cases in this thread alone where someone had "corrected" me, but had actually said the same thing I did, they were just so eager to do it they hadn't taken the time to comprehend what I was saying. There were also times where 2 different members who were obviously children were laughed at and mocked for sharing their opinions. 

I'm like you though, I stopped coming here when that mod was handing down infractions for not capitalizing ride names.

Wow haha. That's absolutely pathetic and they should be embarrassed and ashamed of themselves for coming up with that. 

Now that you mention it, I do recall reading a reply in this thread weeks back from someone saying people should be banned for misspellings and alluded to it being a rule? Ha ha unbelievable that people like this exist.

I swear it's almost like some of these people purposefully want to drive people away so it can be their "thing." Unfortunately with anything that receives fandom, you always have these types of people who who want to be the biggest and most knowledgeable fan, to the point they're willing to **** on others to drive them away. That's definitely the vibe I get here from some users unfortunately. 

 

10 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

We want things to stay positive on KIC and as Maverick said, be a big family. Dicussing and going back and forth over who is negative with each other is not productive in the forum (especially in this thread.)

If you did not like what someone posted, then send them a PM to let them respectfully know how you feel or get clarification on their post. If their post is violating the TOS, then please use the report button so a mod can take care of it. 

As far as this thread, it will remain and not be renamed. A new contruction thread will be coming really soon.

First off, thank you for the reply. I respect what you wrote but I just want to point out the entire purpose of my post was to bring attention to the entire message board regarding outsiders being scared off by the overall tone of the message board. With all due respect, sending private messages to 10+ different users who constantly have attitude problems on here is likely a waste of time and doesn't alert the community as a whole to the problem. Judging by the fact that someone else replied almost immediately agreeing that they don't participate for the same reasons, it's fair to assume there are plenty more lurking in the shadows who would otherwise be participating, so there definitely is a problem here. Sending private messages to the people who are rude/hostile isn't going to change anything unfortunately which is why I just decided to log in for the first time in 10 years and attempt to alert the community that people are being scared away.

But again, I respect what you wrote and thank you for your reply. I won't be taking this any further and had only intended on writing the one post and being finished with it. As stated before, I do like this site or I wouldn't be checking back in. I don't know if I'll be posting further but perhaps I'll join in sometime. 

Regardless, enjoy 2020 everyone! Take care. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

long time follower, just never felt the need to join in considering you guys do such a great job collaborating to figure out "what's coming next".... With that said, I noticed on the blueprints, page sheet C-1, that it says (PROGRESS PRINT, NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION, 5.08.2019) at the bottom/right side right next to the Kings Island logo!  Has anyone else noticed this yet? What could it mean? Its been bothering me since the blueprints were received and I was hoping someone would/could elaborate on this, thanks!  I really look forward to this new addition to Kings Island as it is my home park!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m curious still and I kind of feel like we are jumping to conclusions, the blueprints and calculations don’t add up to 300+ ft. The blueprints do give us a footer layout and electrical work which needs to be done prior to building said Coaster. Is it possible that the track layout given on submitted blueprints could be to fill in for the Supports and Electrical to start vertical construction? Maybe just maybe we are getting something other than a Giga with the same footer and support placement but different track and elements. If they knew MTs layout was leaked due to filing for proper permits then they held off on track and all elements until the new attraction was announced. They have teased us with a Wing Coaster, in the past, just food for thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CoasterLover859 said:

 I noticed on the blueprints, page sheet C-1, that it says (PROGRESS PRINT, NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION, 5.08.2019) at the bottom/right side right next to the Kings Island logo!  Has anyone else noticed this yet? What could it mean? 

I'd guess it means the document was detailed/accurate enough for it's purpose, but not for actual construction. I don't think it changes anything. @BSBMX any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jj20coloh said:

I’m curious still and I kind of feel like we are jumping to conclusions, the blueprints and calculations don’t add up to 300+ ft. The blueprints do give us a footer layout and electrical work which needs to be done prior to building said Coaster. Is it possible that the track layout given on submitted blueprints could be to fill in for the Supports and Electrical to start vertical construction? Maybe just maybe we are getting something other than a Giga with the same footer and support placement but different track and elements. If they knew MTs layout was leaked due to filing for proper permits then they held off on track and all elements until the new attraction was announced. They have teased us with a Wing Coaster, in the past, just food for thought.

Sorry for the double post here, but we do know that the coaster has a 301 foot drop based on calculations done by members of this forum at least, and the blueprint does show the train model in the diagram which looks like the standard b&m giga train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Sorry for the double post here, but we do I know that the coaster has a 301 foot drop based on calculations done by members of The forum at least, and the blueprint does show the train model in the diagram which looks like the standard b&m giga train.

^^

4253A7FE-9075-4C65-8640-E2B7745F3887.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...