Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Has anyone confirmed the blue track is MCT? I know there was a really blurry photo that kind of looked like MCT but nothing clearly showing it...

Oh! I can’t believe nobody actually confirmed the track! I’ve also been so lazy after my trip to Batavia last week! It’s ashame too because I got some solid pictures!:lol: ... anyway, yes it is MCT! Check out these pics! C0E0B340-62DD-467B-AC81-7880295EDEEB.jpeg630A4110-A5AB-4B73-A5F4-7CE678DDE92B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, fryoj said:

Plot twist. The blue track is actually for MCS

Wait, Middletown Christian Schools is getting their own giga? That explains the blue! :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CoasterLover859 said:

long time follower, just never felt the need to join in considering you guys do such a great job collaborating to figure out "what's coming next".... With that said, I noticed on the blueprints, page sheet C-1, that it says (PROGRESS PRINT, NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION, 5.08.2019) at the bottom/right side right next to the Kings Island logo!  Has anyone else noticed this yet? What could it mean? Its been bothering me since the blueprints were received and I was hoping someone would/could elaborate on this, thanks!  I really look forward to this new addition to Kings Island as it is my home park!

 

8 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I'd guess it means the document was detailed/accurate enough for it's purpose, but not for actual construction. I don't think it changes anything. @BSBMX any thoughts?

I can't say for sure of course, but it didn't strike me as odd when I first saw it. On the same page, it also says "Entry Plaza Concept". I take this as either a conceptual sheet giving an overall macro view of what the entrance/exit area will look like, or this is just a sheet for "big wigs" when they want an update on where the project's progress is. On the top right, it's dated either 12/9/18 or 9/12/18. The way it's formatted with periods doesn't make it readily clear when this date was--I've seen both dd.mm.yy and mm.dd.yy formats depending on country of origin and drawing standard (e.g., ISO, AIA, BS, etc.) being used. Regardless if it's September or December, the date in the header is 5.08.19, which is where I'm guessing they want to be by that date (whether it's May or August). 

My guess is that the upper-right date is September 12, 2018 (when the drawing was made), and the lower date is August 5, 2019 (where they plan on having complete by that date). And yes, this C-1 has a whole lot of stuff on here (track, queue line, station building, etc.), but the only things that have legit labels next to them (for the coaster) are the footings. So perhaps that as of the future August 5, 2019 date, just the footings is all we're going to see in this area, with no vertical construction yet. That would give us a "Progress Print" of the project as of 8/5/19. I hope I'm wrong as I'm anxious like the rest of you all to see some vertical construction, but that's my interpretation of this drawing.

Also note Jeff's name. He was a co-designer of The Beast and is still at KI. Awesome to see his name on some of these drawings.

ki.jpg

jeff.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

That would give us a "Progress Print" of the project as of 8/5/19

If I understand correctly, does that basically mean that by 8/5, they only expect to have the footers done that we see in the first set of blueprints? 

Based on previous years, does that give any clues to anyone on when we might see an announcement? I'm not sure how far along they usually are before announcing, but I was under the impression that they seem to time it so the ride is announced around the time they are ready to start vertical construction. Based on this, do you guys think we may be looking at around the end of August for the reveal event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BSBMX said:

I did some digging and you're absolutely correct. Page 7 of the Decoding 2014 topic. Page 7! Trademark application. This particular user guessed 'Banshee' on page 4 of the same thread. Crazy to get that correct so early on. 

 

B242860E-7C99-4C67-8F76-83D83F130821.png

D128780C-C486-4F04-9866-F86B6F3C0B96.png

Oh wow, I honestly didn't even remember this process or actually guessing this correctly (Even after the announcement)!!! Maybe a product of getting old?!?!  Thank you for digging that up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

If I understand correctly, does that basically mean that by 8/5, they only expect to have the footers done that we see in the first set of blueprints? 

Based on previous years, does that give any clues to anyone on when we might see an announcement? I'm not sure how far along they usually are before announcing, but I was under the impression that they seem to time it so the ride is announced around the time they are ready to start vertical construction. Based on this, do you guys think we may be looking at around the end of August for the reveal event?

I'd say that this particular sheet is the only progress expected by August 5th for this particular area only. Piers/footings for the rest of the coaster may start before then, but can't say for sure (unless someone could stop by the city hall and see if new blueprints have been submitted!). There are also missing pages from that set of blueprints (note that at least E7.1 and E7.3 are missing from that batch), so maybe those would reveal more info if they're ever released.

Using Fury as a reference, the announcement was August 21, but the first track/support pieces didn't show up until August 19 (based on what I can tell from the speculation thread on CC's forum). So in that case, there was no vertical construction going on until after the announcement. But they did have a good looking piece of track there for the announcement, which would be pretty cool to see up close in this case too.

 

 

5 minutes ago, pyrocoasterkid said:

Oh wow, I honestly didn't even remember this process or actually guessing this correctly (Even after the announcement)!!! Maybe a product of getting old?!?!  Thank you for digging that up!

No problem!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The electrical drawings were an In-progress print dated 5/8/19 and were generated for an electrical permit submittal and approval only.  (Likewise for the station area and lift footing permit submission as well ). The base information shown was current on 5/8/19 and was deemed complete enough to submit for electrical approval from the City of Mason.  That does not mean the underlying design was complete - and it could possibly change.   Since they are fabricating the steel currently, then the design for the version shown on the 5/8/19 drawings most likely is correct since the shop drawings would have had to been produced a while ago. What is unknown and to fuel the fire further, is if the electrical designer had the most current information available for their drawings dated 5/8/19?  Would it make a substantive difference on the electrical design if the lift hill is 10 feet higher? (No) For the foundation design and submittal? (Yes)  Keep in mind that the permit approval process is Proof of Concept only and a review of compliance with local and/or national electrical and building codes. 

I am not sure the City has jurisdiction over the vertical construction, that may well rest with the State Department of Agriculture. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok! Finally! I’ve updated my Kings Island Giga model to reflect the blueprints better, as well as updated the train design. On top of that, as an added bonus, I brought @BSBMX‘s model of the station to life with some textures! Anyway, enjoy!spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

MINOR correction ... the metric length of the coaster should be 1662 meters.

If you want to post that image publically somewhere, let me know and I’ll send you the image with the correction. 

C125CCDE-FC3F-4AAE-A4F9-DA4172FFBAD9.png0C5BAC57-55F9-47D7-9F69-037C409F9736.png258F9144-E930-49D5-8D98-44CA1450BB97.png9039FC9F-3BF4-43AD-9EA5-5E395FFCA6F4.pngE1A84DE1-B00E-4787-8FCF-E52504FF9B35.png53F5B198-EA2B-406E-A752-16028D6A2DE5.jpegD6FE1956-EEF5-4817-BC99-5F40905B7ACA.jpeg94F9EF32-0E20-4CEB-B217-B16B912DB48B.jpegBEB30C11-4C02-4229-A428-3C7688CE990E.jpeg6B58F70B-E317-4487-9F5C-9FD14FFA15BC.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Old_Bearcat said:

The electrical drawings were an In-progress print dated 5/8/19 and were generated for an electrical permit submittal and approval only.  (Likewise for the station area and lift footing permit submission as well ). The base information shown was current on 5/8/19 and was deemed complete enough to submit for electrical approval from the City of Mason.  That does not mean the underlying design was complete - and it could possibly change.   Since they are fabricating the steel currently, then the design for the version shown on the 5/8/19 drawings most likely is correct since the shop drawings would have had to been produced a while ago. What is unknown and to fuel the fire further, is if the electrical designer had the most current information available for their drawings dated 5/8/19?  Would it make a substantive difference on the electrical design if the lift hill is 10 feet higher? (No) For the foundation design and submittal? (Yes)  Keep in mind that the permit approval process is Proof of Concept only and a review of compliance with local and/or national electrical and building codes. 

I am not sure the City has jurisdiction over the vertical construction, that may well rest with the State Department of Agriculture. 

 

It seems to suggest that you think they might be changing the lift hill height. They absolutely do not make changes to the structure this late in the process. I'd wager that the final design and layout of this coaster has been nailed down for over a year. What the electrical plans have will be the same that CSF have and what B&M designed. When KI signed off on this(probably in 2017 if not earlier), the changes to the ride were done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that mock-up is accurate, I say it looks pretty awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do love the coaster design and elements. Great work @DustinTheNow!! I do have a question about the reverse dive turn. Is that 100% or could that element be a reverse treble clef. I know the other elements are pretty much what they are but I am curious about the turn around on the plans. Do they show enough to know for sure what the element is going to be. 

I am not an engineer so when I look at these plans they look the same. However, when I look at the fury plans (google image) and the KI plans they seem to be the same at the turn around. I would love to hear what your thoughts are. What made you think it was a reverse dive instead of a reverse treble clef.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I do love the coaster design and elements. Great work @DustinTheNow!! I do have a question about the reverse dive turn. Is that 100% or could that element be a reverse treble clef. I know the other elements are pretty much what they are but I am curious about the turn around on the plans. Do they show enough to know for sure what the element is going to be. 

I am not an engineer so when I look at these plans they look the same. However, when I look at the fury plans (google image) and the KI plans they seem to be the same at the turn around. I would love to hear what your thoughts are. What made you think it was a reverse dive instead of a reverse treble clef.

 

I am calling it a reverse dive turn, because it appears to be similar to a non inverting dive loop, just wider. It won’t be shaped like a reverse treble clef, as the high point would be before the “turn”. Because the high point is about 30 degrees into the turn it will not have the “wave turn” kind of feel. However I fully expect a nice pop or floater airtime entering the turn, along with some great forces during the pullout of the turn. It will be unlike anything we’ve seen on a Hyper or giga, that’s for sure. 

Even still, this element might be pretty close to being a reverse treble clef, just not quite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^Yet again I’m reminded how amazing a giant green B&M would look in the skyline.

Please KI, that’s all I want in the next coaster. I’ll even take a dive if it can be a giant green B&M ;-;


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the blue, but yeah you're right that looks pretty incredible. Makes me a little sad actually, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...