Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, fryoj said:

"watch for falling trees" was the extent of the MT teasers. I'm not going to get my hopes up. 

LOL! That was really it? Just that sign on the fence that was there opening day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

LOL! That was really it? Just that sign on the fence that was there opening day?

Yes that was really it haha. KI needs to learn from other CF parks ( CP) about how to tease lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was with the formal invitation to the announcement. It really didn't have much teasing from the actual park, a lot of it was just speculation on here. Then ofc Don reads here from time to time and posted a picture of "Splintercat" the night before to make people freak out. I think day of the announcement was like Tree's falling and Saw mill audio but nothing huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the applied-for trademarks seem to involve spaceflight themes, maybe the teasers will be tied-into the 50th anniversary  of Apollo 11?  (Launch Date July 16, 1969, Moonwalk on July 21, 1969)

Neil Armstrong was part of Astronaut Group 2, in project Gemini (pronounced   /ˈdʒɛmɪni/, rhyming with knee )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Astronaut_Group_2 (announced on September 17, 1962)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gemini

Gemini 8 (VIII)  was Armstrong's 1st spaceflight and the mission conducted the first docking of two spacecraft in orbit, but suffered the first critical in-space system failure of a U.S. spacecraft which threatened the lives of the astronauts and required an immediate abort of the mission. The crew was returned to Earth safely

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gemini_8

 

(Edit - Gemini is not one of the applied-for trademarks - Whooops!  but its interesting reading nonetheless) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw someone state on here earlier that it valleyed. I assume going up the second spike it didn't make it all the way up and didn't have enough momentum to make the loop backward. Or going through cobra roll it didn't have enough juice to make loop. It had to of valleyed on either side of loop and they need to get it up a spike. I have no idea. I also can't 100% confirm that it actually did valley. Someone on here said it did. Actually @ldhudsonjr said it did the other day? Was it open again after??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Teasers"
By: Gordon Bombay

In the backstage area of the park, within a warehouse nestled between the parking lot, Planet Snoopy, and a security post—there is an office. 

It's a quaint space, an older area that's a nice respite from the heat afforded to whoever is on duty at the time. 

A man sits there among the hum of a struggling window a/c unit, the din of the water park, and the faint whistle of the train passing in the distance. 

He slinks down onto a desk chair, one probably as old as the park itself. The well-worn coveralls he dons are speckled with dried paint.

On the walls: remnants of a proud park's past are hanging in posterity: signs dating back to the halcyon days of Son of Beast's announcement (before it all went wrong), posters highlighting the first Winterfest revival, and wooden smurf characters outlined with a faded blue. 

His desktop computer struggles. Recently loaded with Windows 10, its hardware hails from a software edition that debuted just prior to the new millennium. 

He squints to see the screen in the warm afternoon light of a muggy midwestern afternoon. 

In his glasses, words reflected... "KICentral.com," "Forums," "Decoding2020," and... "teasers."

Confidently, he pushes back in the chair, propping his feet up on the desk. 

He sips his coffee and glances over at a stack of freshly printed signs sitting against the wall—the ones waiting for their day in the park. 

Chuckling, he glances back at the computer screen and mutters: 


"When I'm darn good and ready you impatient, 'Acers.' When I'm darn good and ready."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Sorry for being so late to tell you because my mom doesn’t want me on my phone during “family time” but no teasers :( someone probably told you already but once again for telling you so late

Lol relax dude, you're at KI not on assignment LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw a commercial for Kings Island.....it starts off with a coaster going up blue track. The trains looked green and showed it going down the hill....i didn't even know it was a commercial for Kings Island...Bottom line....it' wasn't showing a ride it currently has...I tried to find it on YouTube but had no luck.....they end the commercial saying "it's amazing here".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

I just saw a commercial for Kings Island.....it starts off with a coaster going up blue track. The trains looked green and showed it going down the hill....i didn't even know it was a commercial for Kings Island...Bottom line....it' wasn't showing a ride it currently has...I tried to find it on YouTube but had no luck.....they end the commercial saying "it's amazing here".

You better not be trolling

Could you like rewind it or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trolling....i been going to Kings Island for 10 years since I moved here....never seen Kings Island show stock footage of rides from different parks on their commercials.... That's just cheap and lazy if they did that... Every commercial I have seen from them always shows Kings Island rides.....that's the whole point of advertising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

I'm not trolling....i been going to Kings Island for 10 years since I moved here....never seen Kings Island show stock footage of rides from different parks on their commercials.... That's just cheap and lazy if they did that... Every commercial I have seen from them always shows Kings Island rides.....that's the whole point of advertising.

Antique autos used film from Cedar Points antique autos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

I'm not trolling....i been going to Kings Island for 10 years since I moved here....never seen Kings Island show stock footage of rides from different parks on their commercials.... That's just cheap and lazy if they did that... Every commercial I have seen from them always shows Kings Island rides.....that's the whole point of advertising.

They do it all the time. I think they've used Kings Dominions Drop Tower in a commercial before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably because they were exactly the same....and antique autos aren't really anything anyone cares about....maybe they did use stock footage for ki for that....I'm just saying I have never seen them advertise other parks rides....I don't think Cedar Point would dare do that. Come on out to Kings Island and ride these rides we don't have...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Probably because they were exactly the same....and antique autos aren't really anything anyone cares about....maybe they did use stock footage for ki for that....I'm just saying I have never seen them advertise other parks rides....I don't think Cedar Point would dare do that. Come on out to Kings Island and ride these rides we don't have...

 

I’ll just repeat what I said before. Yes they use stock footage for KI. They have had a commercial going around using Fury, Hydra, Behemoth, and MT. Also a few years back (before Banshee I believe) they had a haunt commercial using an invert (I believe talon but I’m not sure). Stock footage is used frequently in KI commercials. Some feature exclusively KI rides, yes, but many feature rides from other parks.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

"Teasers"
By: Gordon Bombay

In the backstage area of the park, within a warehouse nestled between the parking lot, Planet Snoopy, and a security post—there is an office. 

It's a quaint space, an older area that's a nice respite from the heat afforded to whoever is on duty at the time. 

A man sits there among the hum of a struggling window a/c unit, the din of the water park, and the faint whistle of the train passing in the distance. 

He slinks down onto a desk chair, one probably as old as the park itself. The well-worn coveralls he dons are speckled with dried paint.

On the walls: remnants of a proud park's past are hanging in posterity: signs dating back to the halcyon days of Son of Beast's announcement (before it all went wrong), posters highlighting the first Winterfest revival, and wooden smurf characters outlined with a faded blue. 

His desktop computer struggles. Recently loaded with Windows 10, its hardware hails from a software edition that debuted just prior to the new millennium. 

He squints to see the screen in the warm afternoon light of a muggy midwestern afternoon. 

In his glasses, words reflected... "KICentral.com," "Forums," "Decoding2020," and... "teasers."

Confidently, he pushes back in the chair, propping his feet up on the desk. 

He sips his coffee and glances over at a stack of freshly printed signs sitting against the wall—the ones waiting for their day in the park. 

Chuckling, he glances back at the computer screen and mutters: 


"When I'm darn good and ready you impatient, 'Acers.' When I'm darn good and ready."

Ok so I have to know.... And yes I'm aware this off topic but is Gordon Bombay your real name or a Mighty Ducks reference???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DubVLegend said:

Ok so I have to know.... And yes I'm aware this off topic but is Gordon Bombay your real name or a Mighty Ducks reference???

It is, in fact, my real name. 

Imagine my confusion and excitement as a kid when I saw those Mighty Duck movies (some friends had to tell me about them). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...