Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So my buddy caught a glimpse of the crew testing the equipment again tonight and this popped up on the screen! Could it be?!?          SPOILER ALERT       S

Ok y’all! It’s time for a vote! Here is the final 4!  Trophy for this one! Heart for This one! Laugh for This one! The 4th option is the above with Mako Purple inste

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Creed Bratton said:

If this coaster does break records...I don't see it breaking the height record...I see it being closer to Millennium Force's height. I see it breaking the length record and maybe speed.

currently i see no reason why the last cedar park that could reasonably get a giga wouldn't just go all out and make it the tallest fastest and longest now that the other gigas have had there time to shine . if you ask me KI needs a coaster that really puts it on the map. sure we have The Beast but even that isn't universally loved like fury 325 for example. 

 

1 hour ago, pkiknex25 said:

do we know if this is painted grey track or if this is just primed? im still hoping we dont get a grey giga :(

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New Horizons said:

currently i see no reason why the last cedar park that could reasonably get a giga wouldn't just go all out and make it the tallest fastest and longest now that the other gigas have had there time to shine . if you ask me KI needs a coaster that really puts it on the map. sure we have The Beast but even that isn't universally loved like fury 325 for example. 

Because not every coaster that is installed has to be the tallest? I just have a hunch that it'll be around the Millennium Force height.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Creed Bratton said:

Because not every coaster that is installed has to be the tallest? I just have a hunch that it'll be around the Millennium Force height.

no it doesnt but lets be honest. its Cedar Fair.  almost everything in like the past like 10 years has been a record breaker of some kind. we both could be right or wrong. either way im super excited :)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

It has the words primer and something that I can't make out after that and then the April date.  I don't think this is the final color.

ah nice find. i couldnt read that for some reason

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

It has the words primer and something that I can't make out after that and then the April date.  I don't think this is the final color.

primer & Flags? It starts with FL but can't make out the rest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 12:16 PM, teenageninja said:

Vortex is unlikely to get removed until you start to see it have frequent mechanical issues.  Parts are pretty readily available and despite it's short line times, is one of the most ridden rides in the park.

I do wish they would replace the trains with the new Vekoma trains though.

I agree, the new Vekoma shoulder restraints are very comfortable and flexible. They have implemented some in their newer Boomerang models.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

currently i see no reason why the last cedar park that could reasonably get a giga wouldn't just go all out and make it the tallest fastest and longest now that the other gigas have had there time to shine . if you ask me KI needs a coaster that really puts it on the map. sure we have The Beast but even that isn't universally loved like fury 325 for example. 

But it doesn't necessarily have to be as tall as Fury in order to be universally loved or to put a park "on the map" (whatever that even means these days)

I305 is the slowest, and shortest in height giga in the chain, and its many's favorite.

As for Fury, its not necessarily its stats that make it superior to Leviathan and others. I believe that would have more to do with its imaginative and creative layout.

That having said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do go ahead  and break previous chain records.

At the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

I suppose I would prefer to see some records broken, but if not, thats fine too...

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
currently i see no reason why the last cedar park that could reasonably get a giga wouldn't just go all out and make it the tallest fastest and longest now that the other gigas have had there time to shine . if you ask me KI needs a coaster that really puts it on the map. sure we have The Beast but even that isn't universally loved like fury 325 for example. 


You don’t think Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers helped The Beast put Kings Island “on the map” as you say?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

To put Kings Island on the map?? I may be in the minority here, but with the strong history the park has, and it’s additions within the last decade, it truly hasn’t fallen off of this “map”. People know The Beast for length, and yeah, it may not be ‘universally loved’ as say Fury 325 today, but The Beast has a long and proud history something that I truly believe Fury 325 will NEVER be able to touch (bold claim, but whatever).

With that being said, a giga no doubt will be a wonderful addition and will sure bring people in, but Kings Island is already on this “map” you speak of, being constantly one of the better amusement parks in the country. IMO, a giga would only add to, dare I say, the legacy that is Kings Island (which was already “on the map”).
Again, I’m probably in the minority.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:


You don’t think Diamondback, Banshee, and Mystic Timbers helped The Beast put Kings Island “on the map” as you say?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

im saying alot of parks have there killer coaster that you cant experience anywhere else. CP has a ton but lets just say its SV and TTD. Six Flags Great Adventure has El Toro and Ka, Magic Mountain has X, Carowinds has Fury, KD has I305, CW has Leviathan and so on. im not saying Diamondback and Banshee weren't great additions but i dont think either are worth traveling for. The Beast is. mystic is. this giga will be i imagine. more importantly and to the actual point i was trying to make i think this will likely be a record breaker. why not build it a little higher, a little longer, faster etc. than what came before it? it just makes good marketing sense. and even then im not saying it HAS to be a record breaker either. if its just a 300ft giga i will still be ecstatic that im getting such a coaster in my backyard.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
im saying alot of parks have there killer coaster that you cant experience anywhere else. CP has a ton but lets just say its SV and TTD. Six Flags Great Adventure has El Toro and Ka, Magic Mountain has X, Carowinds has Fury, KD has I305, CW has Leviathan and so on. im not saying Diamondback and Banshee weren't great additions but i dont think either are worth traveling for. The Beast is. mystic is. this giga will be i imagine. more importantly and to the actual point i was trying to make i think this will likely be a record breaker. why not build it a little higher, a little longer, faster etc. than what came before it? it just makes good marketing sense. and even then im not saying it HAS to be a record breaker either. if its just a 300ft giga i will still be ecstatic that im getting such a coaster in my backyard.

Okay, let me play for a second...again probably the minority here.
1.) Cedar Point May have a ton of rollercoasters, but not even a quarter of them are “killer” and there are other coasters in the country that are overshadowed because they don’t have the record that the CP model has.
2.) Kings Island had its killer coasters in The Racer, The Beast, Vortex and Son of Beast in the Taft/Paramount Era. In the Cedar Fair era, we have been gifted (so far) with Diamondback, Banshee and Mystic Timbers. With Son of Beast being the only one I’ve mentioned that is defunct, it still gives you a pretty well rounded and diverse lineup and with this new coaster it just adds another layer to the cake.
3.) A park doesn’t necessarily need a “killer” coaster for people to travel. I view KI almost like BGW (who are both getting new HUGE additions in 2020). Both parks have a coaster lineup in which it seems each coaster is unique on its one, but it compliments the rest of them.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:


Okay, let me play for a second...again probably the minority here.
1.) Cedar Point May have a ton of rollercoasters, but not even a quarter of them are “killer” and there are other coasters in the country that are overshadowed because they don’t have the record that the CP model has.
2.) Kings Island had its killer coasters in The Racer, The Beast, Vortex and Son of Beast in the Taft/Paramount Era. In the Cedar Fair era, we have been gifted (so far) with Diamondback, Banshee and Mystic Timbers. With Son of Beast being the only one I’ve mentioned that is defunct, it still gives you a pretty well rounded and diverse lineup and with this new coaster it just adds another layer to the cake.
3.) A park doesn’t necessarily need a “killer” coaster for people to travel. I view KI almost like BGW (who are both getting new HUGE additions in 2020). Both parks have a coaster lineup in which it seems each coaster is unique on its one, but it compliments the rest of them.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im not disagreeing really with anyone here. im just staing that i think KI should go all out if possible on this project

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
im not disagreeing really with anyone here. im just staing that i think KI should go all out if possible on this project

I totally agree with that, I mean they have the space (no pun intended). Go for it! “To infinity and beyond!”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New Horizons said:

no it doesnt but lets be honest. its Cedar Fair.  almost everything in like the past like 10 years has been a record breaker of some kind. we both could be right or wrong. either way im super excited :)

No records have to be broken to market a ride to the general family that will spend the most money in the park.

Examples:

The tallest coaster in Southern Ohio!

The fastest and tallest coaster Kings Island has ever seen!

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

No records have to be broken to market a ride to the general family that will spend the most money in the park.

Examples:

The tallest coaster in Southern Ohio!

The fastest and tallest coaster Kings Island has ever seen!

 

seriously how many people do i have to respond to on this. im just saying its a trend CF seems to be following and that i think in my OPINION that KI should build a record breaker

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally get that KI has a great arsenal of great/unique coasters. Still-the closest thing to 'next level' IMO is Banshee. Rides where you feel profoundly effected by the ride...I'd put TTD, MF, and SV all in that category and KI just doesn't have anything of that order-yet.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

No records have to be broken to market a ride to the general family that will spend the most money in the park.

Examples:

The tallest coaster in Southern Ohio!

The fastest and tallest coaster Kings Island has ever seen!

 

those are technically records though. but I see what you mean. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pkiknex25 said:

Alright, after quickly sharing the picture, here are my thoughts.
 

1: Obviously, the extra wide spine at the near end of the track (ST9) is different and unusual. The profile of the track tie is almost identical to that of Fury and Leviathan's lift hills, as is the width of 10 bolt holes. On a similar note, this normal-to-wide transition piece appears on Leviathan directly before the track piece holding the lift hardware (image). It doesn't exist at all on Fury, as it goes straight to wide spine after the transfer track (source, pictures 237 and 240).

2. Despite what I just said about Fury, this may have a similar set up with a transfer track directly before the lift hill. Notice how there are no bolt holes at the other end of this piece and a support connection close to the end. 

1 + 2 = 3: My best guess is that project MCT is indeed a giga coaster, with the understanding that B&M has not used the wide and large spine on a hyper yet. Additionally, piece ST9 will appear in the layout between a post station transfer track and the base of the lift hill.


Obviously, while this makes MCT very likely a giga coaster, there is still nothing confirming that MCT is coming to King's Island. While chances are good that it is and the circumstances adding up, remember that I am just speculating.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a lot of pieces already in production for the MCT coaster.  So, its largely assumed MCR track is going to Hersey (has that been officially announced) and no one is quite sure what happened to MCS, but aside from KI, are there any other parks with obvious signs of a large coaster build in the works?  Lots of places over seas that may go unnoticed, but I'd imagine if MCT is going in the US, there would be obvious signs of it by now.  All signs point to MCT coming to KI, and it being huge.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems to be a lot of pieces already in production for the MCT coaster.  So, its largely assumed MCR track is going to Hersey (has that been officially announced) and no one is quite sure what happened to MCS, but aside from KI, are there any other parks with obvious signs of a large coaster build in the works?  Lots of places over seas that may go unnoticed, but I'd imagine if MCT is going in the US, there would be obvious signs of it by now.  All signs point to MCT coming to KI, and it being huge.

 

Aside from Kings Island; Mako (dive coaster)- Sea World San Diego, Hersheypark’s unkown hypercoaster, and Happy Valley’s unknown wing coaster

862564f927cc029089a61437b8e253dd.jpg

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • malem locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...