fryoj

Decoding 2020

I just realized, since x-base and Flight of Fear are sort of Area 51 themed, they could be acting like this is a top secret thing and acting like it’s something Out of this world they want no one to know about but we will eventually know like in real life... just a thought 

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

As you can see, the footer digging machine is out where the first turn is. 

IMG_20190711_195902478.jpg

The pier drilling machine looks a bit shy of the first turn, but I have to wonder if it's there for the new compressor building? The building would be tied to the electrical grid, part of the released blueprints. As of Monday of this week, there were no new blueprints for further pier/footing work (for the coaster), but I could see them potentially working on the compressor building right now. 

I'd estimate the pier drilling machine is somewhere in this yellow circle, which is about where the compressor building is. 

62C8566E-BA80-45BF-A0B3-6C7CE2370C86.jpeg

8 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

The pier drilling machine looks a bit shy of the first turn, but I have to wonder if it's there for the new compressor building? The building would be tied to the electrical grid, part of the released blueprints. As of Monday of this week, there were no new blueprints for further pier/footing work (for the coaster), but I could see them potentially working on the compressor building right now. 

I'd estimate the pier drilling machine is somewhere in this yellow circle, which is about where the compressor building is. 

Theres nothing in a compressor building that would need a pier drilling machine. They'd dig a footer with an excavator or mini ex and call it a day. They probably just have it parked there so it's out of the way. 

I was just wondering, but has the park even acknowledged that they tore Firehawk down yet? After last season when it closed, I have not heard them mention it once. Kind of funny how they are not speaking about it when it is so obvious. LOL! Correct me if I am wrong though...

3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I was just wondering, but has the park even acknowledged that they tore Firehawk down yet? After last season when it closed, I have not heard them mention it once. Kind of funny how they are not speaking about it when it is so obvious. LOL! Correct me if I am wrong though...

Double post- I just realized, since x-base and Flight of Fear are sort of Area 51 themed, they could be acting like this is a top secret thing and acting like it’s something Out of this world they want no one to know about but we will eventually know like in real life... just a thought 

17 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

They mentioned the station once. The "what do you think we will do with the station" post. 

21 minutes ago, fryoj said:

They mentioned the station once. The "what do you think we will do with the station" post. 

I do recall that, but they never gave deconstruction updates or anything like they did with Son of Beast. I found it surprising how quiet they were about Firehawk’s demolition, considering how much the park hyped it up before it finally closed.

15 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Come enjoy Kings Island this summer! We have the New KMAA, Grand Carnivale, and we tore down Firehawk last year so there's one less coaster! Come on, It's great in here! #KIBestday.

37 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Come enjoy Kings Island this summer! We have the New KMAA, Grand Carnivale, and we torn down Firehawk last year so there's one less coaster! Come on, It's great in here! #KIBestday.

That is true, but they obviously would not advertise that they removed a coaster. I am just a little surprised they did not mention much about its deconstruction on the park’s social media. I don’t think it would harm the park in any way because those who follow Kings Island’s social media also know that Firehawk is closed forever.

28 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That is true, but they obviously would not advertise that they removed a coaster. I am just a little surprised they did not mention much about its deconstruction on the park’s social media. I don’t think it would harm the park in any way because those who follow Kings Island’s social media also know that Firehawk is closed forever.

lol I was just trying to make a joke. Not sure why they haven't said more about it.

15 hours ago, fryoj said:

Theres nothing in a compressor building that would need a pier drilling machine. They'd dig a footer with an excavator or mini ex and call it a day. They probably just have it parked there so it's out of the way. 

Yea you're right about not needing a huge foundation for the compressor room. They moved it quite a distance (from where the old Firehawk trains are) just to get it out of the way, though. Maybe the next leg of foundation work will start somewhere over there, whenever that begins. 

9 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

This dude some how flew his drone over Kong’s island and got pretty good footage of the construction but idk. And also thought can see a semi truck leaving the construction  area Source -

Yea! I saw that last night and wanted to post it here but figured it would be taken down quickly. This past Sunday, a user here posted either drone footage and/or pics but it got quickly taken down before I could even see it. I'm wondering if this video is the same person's content. While it's cool, it is several days old (the T-shaped footing had not yet been poured in that video). Kinda curious how long your link to that video is going to stay on this thread...

Last night, WGT also posted their 12th update. Nothing huge but some cool updates. Despite what he says in the video, there's at least one footing left to be poured in the station (in green), and the lift's beginning backbone looks ready to have its form installed around the rebar (in yellow). 

B93CA966-4097-4371-A13E-6F6B2FF5A7BB.jpeg

The drop's backbone footing has still yet to see any activity recently. The near-ground rebar has still get to be placed. 

spacer.png7069E793-98A6-40A8-967A-8514B989A1D7.jpeg

The L13L footing now has its rebar in place as well, waiting to get forms put up around it. Also, there's a furry friend walking around at the 2:15 mark in the video!

772B79F3-C159-47E6-B865-E4590222B237.jpeg

B2E2734F-4ABC-4806-AB61-33E777525476.jpeg

Last, they're taking up existing slabs of concrete from the dino walkway to prep for piers/footings for the helix area. 

128BB0FA-45C6-47F8-85A6-9D753985419F.jpeg

388F5802-8C7F-4975-8757-9709D3A38371.jpeg

Here's a link to his site and video. He noted several future pier/footing markings as well, not shown in his video. 

http://www.wildgravitytravels.com/kings-island-2020-update-12/

31 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am not so sure about his.....how is anyone going to get back to it? haha

Trams...

5 hours ago, APE said:

He says it legal in the video description but I’m pretty sure it’s not because Kings Island has a no drone policy and that looks to clearly go over the parks land. 

Park policy does not make it illegal. If they found out who it was they could ban them from the park, but they couldn't press charges. I don't see anything expressly illegal in the video as he never goes over people and is probably in view of the drone at all times. 

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

WOW how in the world is that drone footage still allowed on here haha. He got all up in the park. I almost thought towards the end he was gonna fly over to Vortex lol

Mods haven't seen it yet. 

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

Trams...

Park policy does not make it illegal. If they found out who it was they could ban them from the park, but they couldn't press charges. I don't see anything expressly illegal in the video as he never goes over people and is probably in view of the drone at all times. 

Mods haven't seen it yet. 

I should have said not allowed by Kings Island standards.