fryoj

Decoding 2020

1 hour ago, FoF96" said:

If there was a large RMC in that exact spot, I doubt there would be any woods to speak of other than the structure.

Fair...but my hack map skills show that that wooded plot is almost twice the area taken up by Steel Vengeance...so maybe they could spread it out, leave a decent amount of trees, and use the terrain. A man can dream.

24 minutes ago, HandsUp said:

Fair...but my hack map skills show that that wooded plot is almost twice the area taken up by Steel Vengeance...so maybe they could spread it out, leave a decent amount of trees, and use the terrain. A man can dream.

Voyage, Steel Vengeance, Son of Beast have a baby in that plot of land. Lift of Son of Beast, close to ground and the trees like voyage, inversions in the structure like SV. Oh and throw RMCs first vertical loop for shiz and giggles. Boom. Not responsible for any people Blown away. 

EDIT: Posted it at the same time as you Hawaiian Coasters 325 sorry :/

Edited by JonahWilliamson

20 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I hate to be that guy, but we have a thread on the next coaster at Kings Island. 

My bad...I'd been thinking about it and that rescinded drone footage gave such a great view that I couldn't help it.

19 hours ago, Joshua said:

They also did a POLTERGEIST maze recently, from which the first season of STRANGER THINGS (as well as Insidious) borrows heavily*. (IMO It is also one of the best haunted house movies ever made.)

Ironically, they own the rights to some of the most iconic horror characters of all time, but are having the toughest time bringing them back to theaters. 

*Although technically POLTERGEIST borrowed from the "Little Girl Lost" episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE. 

I also went through that maze a couple of times as well.  When I got there, it was close to pouring, but since they clear the park between closing and HHN, there are basically only a couple of indoor holding areas, which are a couple of the restaurants along the NY section of the park, which filled up fast.  Once the park reopened, there was a long line for Poltergeist, but not for ST ironically.  It began pouring, so by the time I made it under the overhang, about 20 minutes later (the maze was housed in a soundstage), I was soaked!  It was worth it, however, because IMO, this was the best maze of the event, hands down.  I found that the smaller mazes towards the back in temp Quonset huts (like Blumhouse) were just meh.

I wonder if perhaps we've had teasers in plain sight for a while. There's a wall near The Racer and the antique cars painted with store fronts. We have Halley's Coffee....Skylab Cafe....and Zodiac books. I think most of us are expecting a space theme for this ride and if that's correct I suppose these would make sense as teasers. It certainly does beg the question why there would be so many references to space and perhaps constellations in coney mall and right by the antique cars. I got to talking with a park employee for a while I was there last night and they confirmed that the painting of that wall with those store fronts was a more recent addition, though I should have asked when that was added. I put a pic below so everyone can see what I'm talking about. 

0711192112.jpg

3 minutes ago, Itsintheshed said:

I wonder if perhaps we've had teasers in plain sight for a while. There's a wall near The Racer and the antique cars painted with store fronts. We have Halley's Coffee....Skylab Cafe....and Zodiac books. I think most of us are expecting a space theme for this ride and if that's correct I suppose these would make sense as teasers. It certainly does beg the question why there would be so many references to space and perhaps constellations in coney mall and right by the antique cars. I got to talking with a park employee for a while I was there last night and they confirmed that the painting of that wall with those store fronts was a more recent addition, though I should have asked when that was added. I put a pic below so everyone can see what I'm talking about. 

0711192112.jpg

The store fronts where there on opening day, i have a video up on youtube and photos from back in April.

5 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

This was obviously not park approved or followed park policy footage. I have removed the embeded video. Thanks for your understanding.

This kind of stuff is what drives people to Facebook and other sites for information and updates rather than here.  Of course Kings Island doesn’t want drone footage released of their property.  But the video didn’t violate any laws.  So what’s the big deal?  At what point does this site stop being the internet’s leading KI fan site and starts becoming the unofficial mouthpiece of Kings Island PR?

2 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

The store fronts where there on opening day, i have a video up on youtube and photos from back in April.

So perhaps their teaser campaign started on opening day? Could be why we're not seeing any now, they already put up the teasers. Presuming these actually are indeed teasers. 

So perhaps their teaser campaign started on opening day? Could be why we're not seeing any now, they already put up the teasers. Presuming these actually are indeed teasers. 
Those names reference former rides at the park, I'd say it's more of a nostalgia nod than a teaser.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think Coney Gas Station would be an excellent name for a rollercoaster.  :D 

58 minutes ago, Itsintheshed said:

0711192112.jpg

It’s defunct rides. It’s just dressing up a hideous eyesore to make it look nice next to Antiques, nothing more and nothing less.

56 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

This kind of stuff is what drives people to Facebook and other sites for information and updates rather than here.  Of course Kings Island doesn’t want drone footage released of their property.  But the video didn’t violate any laws.  So what’s the big deal?  At what point does this site stop being the internet’s leading KI fan site and starts becoming the unofficial mouthpiece of Kings Island PR?

This forum is not willing to break the rules set by the park why is this hard to understand. TPR does the same especially with Cedar Point. These sites want to maintain a good relationship with parks.

1 minute ago, APE said:

This forum is not willing to break the rules set by the park why is this hard to understand. TPR does the same especially with Cedar Point. These sites want to maintain a good relationship with parks.

The park isn't acknowledging the new coaster construction. Should we not talk about it either? Wheres the line?