fryoj

Decoding 2020

23 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Here's a little concept I made on what an teaser/announcement poster could be like. Note: this was made by me and not by the park so this is NOT me trolling like other people have done. 

2019-07-14_21.00.50.jpg

When I first saw this, my brain autocorrected and I saw the Cedar Point logo where the KI one is (as it reminds me of Millennium Force). I really hope the announcement video takes some cues from Millennium Force’s video...

Also, Banshee’s announcement was on a Thursday; I know this because I wasn’t there. I was instead was fulfilling another commitment that just so happened to be on Thursdays.

A side note: here are some statistics from the links to the documents!

The top referrers to the link are KI Central (Obviously) and Facebook. I'm not sure where the link is posted there.

Most of the views are coming from the US, but people from Canada and Germany have also clicked on the link!

All in all about 1000 people have viewed the blueprints thus far.

As a favor, I'd appreciate it if people shared the blueprints using the bit.ly links. This way we can see how popular the documents are and track where they've been coming from. It makes for some interesting results, and makes sure that I receive credit for getting these!

Quick question, is there any telling on the blueprints if there is going to be an entrance sign ? If there is I really hope it’s like Banshees!

things like that usually appear in building permits in a later date, after they get a design of the sign. Sometimes the name isn’t even decided before track shows up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

And for any odd reason someone thinks this isn’t a giga, here it shows how many seats there are on the train, credit goes to Bansheeback

Nice catch, but Diamondback has 32 seats too. And so does GateKeeper. And Banshee. And most B&M's. It think about all of their 4 wides have 8 cars of 4. 

12 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Quick question, is there any telling on the blueprints if there is going to be an entrance sign ? If there is I really hope it’s like Banshees!

No. We suspect it'll either be on the building where you enter the queue or in the grass between the queue and ride exit.

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

Nice catch, but Diamondback has 32 seats too. And so does GateKeeper. And Banshee. And most B&M's. It think about all of their 4 wides have 8 cars of 4. 

No. We suspect it'll either be on the building where you enter the queue or in the grass between the queue and ride exit.

Whoops 

Well Saturday is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, so there is always that :)

Of course that stuff only plays well if it is indeed themed after space in some sort as the registered names would indicate. 

July 16th is national snake day, so perhaps we're getting Dad of Diamondback

July 17th is Yellow Pig day, Cinci is known as porkopolis

July 25th is Culinarians day.... Chef James Major coaster.

Aug 2nd is National Beer day.  Has a coaster ever been themed to beer (maybe they pull a switcheroo and we're actually getting the brown track)

Aug 3rd is Grab Some Nuts day.....  I'll just let you fill in the rest

Its also National Clown Day...Sad Clown coaster for all the intamin fanboys.

Aug 4th is national forgiveness day, when they make up for the previous day's announcement of the Sad Clown coaster by announcing a 500 foot tall, multi looping Intamin

As you can see, there are all kind of days to start teasing and/or make an announcement.

16 minutes ago, medford said:

Aug 2nd is National Beer day.  Has a coaster ever been themed to beer (maybe they pull a switcheroo and we're actually getting the brown track)

SoB should have been sponsored by a beer company.

My national beer day at KI happened after my first trip on SoB in 2000 (3rd or 4th trip from Erie....)

I was so shaken, I needed to sit down at the Beer Garden for a few.

14 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

hA hA yEs A CoUplE ThOUsaNd

We have a couple thousand people on here going to the park? 

That's why I said " on here".

Someone mad a good point about what today is with Apollo 11 and could see teasers starting today.

42 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Someone mad a good point about what today is with Apollo 11 and could see teasers starting today.

Nah..another entity has the NASA/Apollo IP license:P:P:P

Plus Apollo 11 was groundbreaking with lots of firsts...this coaster not so much....so why would the park want to risk that contradiction to ruin the announcement...

Our coaster isn't the Moonshot as the drop is a larger distance than the lift distance:P

19 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Nah..another entity has the NASA/Apollo IP license:P:P:P

Plus Apollo 11 was groundbreaking with lots of firsts...this coaster not so much....so why would the park want to risk that contradiction to ruin the announcement...

Our coaster isn't the Moonshot as the drop is a larger distance than the lift distance:P

Ok now you are just reading too much into it lol