Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

I was at KI Friday and asked the old guy at the top of the tower if he knew anything about the coaster they were putting in.   He was saying it was going to break records, be between 300-400 ft tall and go over 100 mph.  I found it a bit amusing considering the plans we have seen.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it amusing that recently on social media, I saw a post where someone was swearing the announcement would definitely be mid August because several employees at the park had told him. I couldn’t help giggling because I’m sure those employees “know” because they’ve seen the same claims and heard the same rumors as we have, not because they’ve been given inside information. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

those who know don't speak. 

Except for anonpirate, of course.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ohcoasterguy said:

I was at KI Friday and asked the old guy at the top of the tower if he knew anything about the coaster they were putting in.   He was saying it was going to break records, be between 300-400 ft tall and go over 100 mph.  I found it a bit amusing considering the plans we have seen.  

While we all follow the same blueprints... if I'm not mistaken, the actual construction of the ride blueprints have not been made public, correct?

 

So, the overlay or underlay of the ride visible on the electrical prints is "for illustration purposes only", lol.

 

Only big thing countering this whole potential theory is the footer layouts that are factually lining up with current prints

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I tried but windows paint is legit so hard to work with

21AF8F98-A86A-440A-8724-D5DABC219C2F.jpeg

You're the next Bob Ross. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of "happy little trees", I guess he makes "happy Lil Gigas"! :lol:

Also, anyone at the park seen any teasers? It would be cool (and telling) if the teasing started today as it is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing. On a related note, I wonder if there are any references to the moon landing during any of today's performances of Gravity?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teaser Posters are ready!!!! Quick preview:

ki.jpg

:P

 

Nothing to be sad about. It was a joke!!! lol

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing yesterday.  I know it's been discussed already but I'm honestly curious why Kings Island social media has been so infatuated with gravity over the past week.  I suppose it could be related to the moon landing anniversary. just not so sure. Time will tell I guess

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Nothing yesterday.  I know it's been discussed already but I'm honestly curious why Kings Island social media has been so infatuated with gravity over the past week.  I suppose it could be related to the moon landing anniversary. just not so sure. Time will tell I guess

I'm gonna watch the show at 7 today. I'll be on the lookout for teasers 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's also Gravity's last year at the park from what I've heard. So I'm thinking maybe they are trying to get people to see it before they take it out.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They just told us to feel free to cheer, growl and make 'Alien noises' during the show lol 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Found this old promo video from Millennium Force on YouTube! 

That video gives me chills even almost 20 years after it debuted. Although it's not the new millennium anymore so they should consider renaming it to something more catchy. So maybe whatever ride name Kings Island goes with, maybe they could rename Millennium Force with the other name. I know that sounds un-realistic but hey it's a nice fantasy right?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

That video gives me chills even almost 20 years after it debuted. Although it's not the new millennium anymore so they should consider renaming it to something more catchy. So maybe whatever ride name Kings Island goes with, maybe they could rename Millennium Force with the other name. I know that sounds un-realistic but hey it's a nice fantasy right?

I doubt they would rename one of their most popular coasters. I think it's fine the way it is. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched Gravity and it was great. Definitely no teasers. They did say their last show would be August 18 and I hope whatever replaces it is equally as good 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Millennium Force video is one of my favorites on YouTube. Do they sell DVD copies of it somewhere?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a Coaster Net video from today and they claimed that there was a rumor that during the July 4th fireworks, MF logo was shot into the air along with constellations. Was anybody there that saw this and can confirm?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Saw a Coaster Net video from today and they claimed that there was a rumor that during the July 4th fireworks, MF logo was shot into the air along with constellations. Was anybody there that saw this and can confirm?

I was at the 4th of July fireworks and I thought it was just a coincidence that there was the millennium force logo in the fireworks!!!!!! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

Saw a Coaster Net video from today and they claimed that there was a rumor that during the July 4th fireworks, MF logo was shot into the air along with constellations. Was anybody there that saw this and can confirm?

Which constellations? Orion by chance? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now there's gonna be 20 pages of people arguing what those 5 letters are supposed to be..

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 2nd pic, that's going to be the first element ever on a coaster called the WTF. I dont know where you enter, exit or do... but its "out there".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

1st one is millennium force logo and second one i don’t even know

 

Those are all letters. some of them are sideways.. or even upside down. like the smiley faces they sometimes launch. The millennium force logo has a second wave in it to complete the "M" this looks more like a N to me. The last one perhaps a sideways A

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

1st one is millennium force logo and second one i don’t even know

CEE4E7FF-4482-4847-B8DD-EE09DD6F8013.png

472BBD40-E031-41AB-BBC5-8E2F16576DF0.png

The second one looks like the Jordan logo on shoes back in the early 2000s.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one looked like Michael Jordan slam dunking.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...