Decoding 2020

fryoj

23 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

yeah yeah yeah. Lol one of these days I am holding out hope lol

I am still clueless on why they started with those 2 coasters lol

@collin.klopfstein I don't get triggered and I am probs the only Intamin Fanboy on this page lol

I love Intamin too. Maverick may be my favorite coaster especially at night. 

• Like 6

I think the tests administered line on the posters hints towards an aviation theme. Test pilots and all that. The station design backs that up. That would also be harder to fit a Polaris or Orion name in. Not impossible, but that would lean more space than airplane. 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I think the tests administered line on the posters hints towards an aviation theme. Test pilots and all that. The station design backs that up. That would also be harder to fit a Polaris or Orion name in. Not impossible, but that would lean more space than airplane. 

Also, the current XBase sign reads "Experimental Testing Flight Training Site". So that does seem to go along with the area's theming.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I think the tests lines just match up with how many rides those given coasters have gave over the years. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KOBasinger said:

I love Intamin too. Maverick may be my favorite coaster especially at night. 

Maverick is a great ride but it's what?  12 years old and it still has a fair amount of down time every day.  

That's a huge consideration when chains are choosing manufacturers.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Maverick is a great ride but it's what?  12 years old and it still has a fair amount of down time every day.  

That's a huge consideration when chains are choosing manufacturers.  

TBH I don't recall seeing Maverick down everyday. I mean I go quite a bit to CP and on a normal weather day its not down. Idk this season a lot of the coasters at CP have been down for something or another.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic