Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

I'm concerned that these roller coasters are out there copulating like that. 

Well, I know a few female coasters who are "Intamin" :) so anything's possible

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shizzzon said:

Well, I know a few female coasters who are "Intamin" :) so anything's possible

That is the best thing I have heard all day haha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To whoever said blacking our and greying out are different, yes. Greying out is mainly loss of color and the beginning of tunnel vision. Blacking our is having no vision and going fully unconscious. I have multiple friends that have done both on I305, so yes, blacking our of I305 is a relatively common occurrence.

As for our giga, the intensity of it depends on how fast it goes through elements. If the trim kills momentum, the second half won’t be intense at all. If the trim does little, the second half will probably be incredibly intense.

Side note: Intensity and forcefulness are NOT the same thing. If you don’t believe me, compare Lightning Rod/Voyage to say Diamondback or Intimidator at Caro. Very few people would say the hypers are more intense, but they pull higher Gs in the valleys and sustain these Gs. Forcefulness does factor into intensity, but it is not the only factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess we just have to wait and see if trims are on the coaster. Its a very B&M thing to do but fingers crossed they don't!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

To whoever said blacking our and greying out are different, yes. Greying out is mainly loss of color and the beginning of tunnel vision. Blacking our is having no vision and going fully unconscious. I have multiple friends that have done both on I305, so yes, blacking our of I305 is a relatively common occurrence.

As for our giga, the intensity of it depends on how fast it goes through elements. If the trim kills momentum, the second half won’t be intense at all. If the trim does little, the second half will probably be incredibly intense.

Side note: Intensity and forcefulness are NOT the same thing. If you don’t believe me, compare Lightning Rod/Voyage to say Diamondback or Intimidator at Caro. Very few people would say the hypers are more intense, but they pull higher Gs in the valleys and sustain these Gs. Forcefulness does factor into intensity, but it is not the only factor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and daughter blacked out on it. I've blacked out a few times...but not on a ride.:P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh it was posted just a dozen pages back or so.

I wake up at 1:30, so seeing 140 new posts, kinda just skim pasted it hah


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thatguyfromohio said:


I wake up at 1:30, so seeing 140 new posts, kinda just skim pasted it hah


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand. I don't look at the thread normally unless I am working and I am off at 7pm m-f. So the next day I get to read a couple new pages lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to follow and read the whole thing but I was unaware the song had been posted too, and considered doing so this morning. The song is probably going to be stuck in my head for the next month regardless. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've greyed out on i305 and millennium force. I black out on and will not ride Drop Tower tho. Fun fact I've also broken a rib on mean streak. I have rode it now as steel vengeance. Much better. Just dont do what I did, got Fast Lane rode it 8 times in a hour. Didn't remember where i was for a few seconds.

Edited by youdaman3978
Typo
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Frontier City in Oklahoma happens to still have a Rotor ride called Tumbleweed in operation, and just by chance also has a coaster called Diamondback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think the park doesn't care to go to such a dark place? lol I mean this seems pretty brutal. The end of the world. Idk this would be a first for CF that I know of?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

You think the park doesn't care to go to such a dark place? lol I mean this seems pretty brutal. The end of the world. Idk this would be a first for CF that I know of?

I wouldn't see an issue. The revived the name Banshee after it received massive backlash 20 year prior, the named a ride Valravn, which is a bird that feeds off of the flesh of dead soldiers on battlefields, and there are a few other rides in the country (mind you, they are in a different chain) named Apocalypse. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In light of all the mistakes made on the posters I recently came across a video from INSIDE the KI marketing office.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gplez90 said:

I wouldn't see an issue. The revived the name Banshee after it received massive backlash 20 year prior, the named a ride Valravn, which is a bird that feeds off of the flesh of dead soldiers on battlefields, and there are a few other rides in the country (mind you, they are in a different chain) named Apocalypse. 

But the theming is so bad, it doesn’t count! LOL!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am personally thinking “end of the world” as in the edge of Earth...and into outer space.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or "the end of the..." is simply referring to some first/record breaking thing that will be featured on the coaster. May not be as apocalyptic as thought although I'm not against it lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LongLiveTheSmurfRide said:

I think it should be named "Paul".

It's just a reasonable name. You can trust a Paul to be reliable.

I agree. Or Mike. Everyone knows a Mike.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

You think the park doesn't care to go to such a dark place? lol I mean this seems pretty brutal. The end of the world. Idk this would be a first for CF that I know of?

But it's not the end of the world. Just the world "as we know it". New technology and space travel is "A Whole New Wooooorld"!

Don't you dare close your eyes.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I agree. Or Mike. Everyone knows a Mike.

Yeah, but Mike's a jerk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I agree. Or Mike. Everyone knows a Mike.

Hey Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike! Guess what day it is! Hump day!

*Goes over a hill*

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DustinTheNow mentioned it earlier, and I'm agreeing with him, there has to be some hints in the total rider throughout numbers. There's zero chance of any of these numbers being accurate to the single person, so somebody made up some of the digits on these numbers. The millions digit is likely accurate, but after that, who can say for sure. 

 

Here are the numbers (and rides) so far:

6,280,935 (ROT)

6,762,893 (FH)

8,237,308 (BK)

8,434,897 (ZOD)

11,554,278 (INV)

17,290,319 (FOF) (note that this number was originally 6,761,893, which is exactly 1000 off from FH's)

45,152,095 (VOR)

 

 

Plucking out some digits from these throughout numbers, here are some possibilities:

Length:

5152 (about 60' off from my estimate)

5209

5542

 

Drop Angle: 80

 

Turning degree:

237 (nearly matches up in CAD with the reverse ambersand)

520 (nearly matches up in CAD with the helix)

 

Speed: 93

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be TEOTWAWKI. And that seems pretty likely. But if they rearrange the letters it could also be TOWERTOKI. That would also fit with the airport looking hangar of the station. And the hangar queue building. I wouldn't mind a flight themed coaster.

Probably not though, considering all the posters are space themed.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KoasterKasey said:

 I wouldn't mind a flight themed coaster.

Let's call it Flight Deck or Afterburn.... 

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Its a very B&M thing to do but fingers crossed they don't!!

At least it is not the Intamin thing to do, which is break down multiple times per day. :ph34r:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sixohdieselrage said:

At least it is not the Intamin thing to do, which is break down multiple times per day. :ph34r:

* Cough Cough like Valravn? cough cough lol

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...