fryoj

Decoding 2020

Cool. This makes sense. Guess I was just looking at three promotional video aspect. Lol

• Like 1

Cedar Point live stream on YouTube right now

Nvm I thought it was gonna be something cool. I mean it’s a live cam with sound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just out of random thought: what if the posters are referring to locations within the park that has more teasers hidden? That would actually be a fun scavenger hunt. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Cedar Point live stream on YouTube right now

Nvm I thought it was gonna be something cool. I mean it’s a live cam with sound!

Maybe testing youtube for a live announcement  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Pretty cool. They had different views from the park and POV's!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

The only problem there is when you go live right now it works well. When you've got numerous entities and individuals there trying to go live, bandwidth goes to crap. I hope KI addresses this. So I'm planning on being there this time so I don't miss it. And before someone says "They know what they're doing.", remember Banshee and MT. 

• Like 6

Mystics was a nightmare. Holiday world did better with thunderbirds. they had a host, a guy asking questions, and the stream moved smoothly

• Like 3

Oh man I remember getting ****ed the MT stream kept freezing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

No new tweets from KI in 24 hours, nothing new on Facebook since Saturday. Is there something getting ready to be unleashed?

*A few minutes after I post this a tweet goes up. LOL*

• Like 3

No new tweets from KI in 24 hours, nothing new on Facebook since Saturday. Is there something getting ready to be unleashed?
Quite possibly. Wasn't there a big gap before teasers started for MT?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Look what I just found!

Just kidding, I made it. But I wouldn't be surprised it we see something similar.

ORION.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Minus the little "steel" stars looking too much like Steelers logo lol Other then that it looks amazing!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

Look what I just found!

Just kidding, I made it. But I wouldn't be surprised it we see something similar.

ORION.jpg

Wow that looks amazing! Awesome job! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Mystics was a nightmare. Holiday world did better with thunderbirds. they had a host, a guy asking questions, and the stream moved smoothly

Yeah, Thunderbirds announcement looked really fun with that guy pumping everyone up and talking to people and asking guests questions. I wish Kings Island would do something similar! 

Also sorry for the double post. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

Minus the little "steel" stars looking too much like Steelers logo lol Other then that it looks amazing!

True. I can't take credit for the logo anyway. I just did a google image search for Orion and there was a place called The Orion Labs...I took their logo, removed two stars and added a gradient. I didn't feel like putting that much effort into creating a logo of my own.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

True. I can't take credit for the logo anyway. I just did a google image search for Orion and there was a place called The Orion Labs...I took their logo, removed two stars and added a gradient. I didn't feel like putting that much effort into creating a logo of my own.

I got ya right on.

Still pretty cool.

27 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

Look what I just found!

ORION.jpg

But you missed the tape that should be covering parts of it.

Nice work though. Looks great! lol

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I actually contemplated that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

The tape is the logo, underneath it says POLARIS ;)

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, arrold said:

@arrold for the win!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, arrold said:

At least it doesn't say Intamin anywhere under or around the tape. :ph34r::P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I’d love to keep arguing about B&M and Intamin, but the fact is this is B&M. Both have problems, Intamin have much more. Intamin also have many more injuries/deaths on rides manufactured by them. These are facts. Intamin is also known for having extended downtime on many of their coasters (the Stratas come to mind) but this is partially due to them pushing the envelope on what can and should be done. B&M chooses to thoroughly design and check everything about their rides, often not pushing the envelope as much, and going with what they know.

Out of the gigas, I’ve only ridden Mille and Fury, and while I know this is unfair as one was built 15 years after the other, Fury is much more intense that Mille. It depends not on what company builds the coaster, but the layout they give to it. A giga will already be fairly intense as it’s 300’ (or about so) and goes 90+ mph. After that, it’s whatever the designers designs. With the design given, I think there is a lot of potential for intensity and a lot of space to falter. Look too at Levi and I305. One is very intense and the other not so much, so it is not inherently a designer thing, as I mentioned previously.

So about KIs giga...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have no bias for any company. I've enjoyed coasters from both Intamin and B&M. I've not ridden Fury but have I305 and MForce, enjoyed those. I love Maverick, but I also love DB and Banshee. I'm just excited to see Project X and its numbers. I would like to see a ride taller than the Eiffel Tower at KI. Disney doesn't allow any ride taller than the castle at the Magic Kingdom, KI isn't Disney. Build one bigger for once.  

• Like 7

Just a reminder to keep the Intamin vs. B&M posts out of this thread. If anyone really wants to bump that discussion, here's the place to do it:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1