Decoding 2020

fryoj

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I haven't seen any trucks on Banshee cam. Still no track on site?

has anyone checked over near new dorms in the new parking lot area or by green house for track?

my brother works at Kings Island and lives in the new dorms. I will ask him if he has seen any track!! Most likely the track is hidden from us because 2 days ago station track on a trailer was delivered to Kings Island

• Like 3

I don't know if this has been said yet, but we can probably expect something unique with this coaster. Kings Island likes to do that.

Firehawk was a rare model

Diamondback's splashdown

Banshee's length

Mystic Timber's shed and that intense zig zag before the shed

We can surely expect either a world record or a unique element (inversion...?)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nutterie said:

I don't know if this has been said yet, but we can probably expect something unique with this coaster. Kings Island likes to do that.

Diamondback's splashdown

Banshee's length

Maybe a themed tunnel at the first drop. Not just a tunnel that you go through like Leviathan, but a tunnel with theming. Maybe fog or a light effect simulating traveling through space. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

Diamondback's splashdown

Banshee's length

Extreme bank turn that almost is an inversion?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jallie79 said:

I am indeed getting my hopes up... for a kick a** ride.  This thing doesn't have to break any records to be just that.  I doubt CF, KI or B&M are going to disappoint. 

That said, I'm not counting anything out at this point. Way too many unknowns.  As well as too many wierd things with this whole teasing campaign.  Like I've said before.  I have serious doubts that anyone involved with the park would just miss that many "mistakes".  Not on what could be the biggest investment this park has ever made.  Could just be trolling to throw everyone of but I'd bet that they all mean something.  

7 days, 6 hours and 1 min as of typing this... lol

Lol I'm dumb, I first read this as '7 days, 6 hours, and 1 minute of typing this'. I was gonna say, that's a heavy contemplated response!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I really think that if Kings Island doesn't do a tunnel at the bottom of the first drop, they will be missing out. A tunnel would be perfect for a space like/ sci-fi themed coaster.

Wouldnt making a tunnel be heard because almost at the end of the ride you have that head chopper moment under the drop  coming out of the helix?

15 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Wouldnt making a tunnel be heard because almost at the end of the ride you have that head chopper moment under the drop  coming out of the helix?

I'm talking after that. It would be at the very bottom of the drop pullout (similar to Leviathan). The headchopper moment is at the beginning of the pullout. 

Also, it would be nice to have multiple tunnels, but I'm not so sure if we'll see more than one or two. My vote for two tunnels would be 1) bottom of drop pullout and 2) bottom of helix that goes under drop. Another idea I've had is at the bottom of the turnaround where you spiral down into the tunnel. That would be fun. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

I'm not sure if everybody saw this, but here's a countdown to the announcement if anyone wanted to see the exact time. https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20190815T10&p0=2509&msg=Kings+Island+2020+announcement&font=sanserif

That was I believe created by a user on the forums here. 

Edit: the timer also says 10:00 am not pm. The announcement is at 10 pm. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of themeing this toward an Event Horizon. The bottom of the first drop could be a black hole (tunnel) and you exit into a different world. Then at the bottom of the large airtime hill you go back through a black hole (tunnel) and you are at Kings Island.

I like the name Event Horizon or just Horizon.

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity why are some lines dotted on the track itself vs solid? I know what blueprint wise it means hidden/not visible from the current plane. But is this a rule being followed here? Just seems odd to do some portions solid but other not.

Screenshot_20190809-135409_Drive.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Just out of curiosity why are some lines dotted on the track itself vs solid? I know what blueprint wise it means hidden/not visible from the current plane. But is this a rule being followed here? Just seems odd to do some portions solid but other not.

Screenshot_20190809-135409_Drive.jpg

I just took a look at that myself and it looks like a huge swath of track has the dotted line. I can't imagine all of that being under ground, especially with all of the footers that have been put in recently. So I'm not sure myself, but it given what I just shared it probably doesn't indicated that all of the track with those dotted lines will be under ground. As cool as that would be. Now I did happen to noticed that another section of track had dashed lines, and that segment is very short. It's right at the end of the helix and before it goes into that last hill and on to the break run. I wonder if that could possibly be a tunnel...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Itsintheshed said:

I just took a look at that myself and it looks like a huge swath of track has the dotted line. I can't imagine all of that being under ground, especially with all of the footers that have been put in recently. So I'm not sure myself, but it given what I just shared it probably doesn't indicated that all of the track with those dotted lines will be under ground. As cool as that would be. Now I did happen to noticed that another section of track had dashed lines, and that segment is very short. It's right at the end of the helix and before it goes into that last hill and on to the break run. I wonder if that could possibly be a tunnel...

worlds most themed giga? Longest tunnel on a Giga?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I looked at the MT leaked layout and it doesn't have the tunnel listed on the turnaround. So an above ground tunnel isn't out of the question right now. 

I'D like to see that! Maybe the park could hold record for Most Above Ground Coaster Tunnel Length in 1 park lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• malem locked this topic