Jump to content

Last Operating Day for 2020 is Nov 1st!

Kings Island is now closed for 2020.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So my buddy caught a glimpse of the crew testing the equipment again tonight and this popped up on the screen! Could it be?!?          SPOILER ALERT       S

Ok y’all! It’s time for a vote! Here is the final 4!  Trophy for this one! Heart for This one! Laugh for This one! The 4th option is the above with Mako Purple inste

Posted Images

there is no way Ki's Giga is going to be slightly over 300ft, they are making this such a big deal, going through the trouble of these bad a$$ teasers and what not. This thing is going to be a record breaker and way better than FH ever was ( as much as i actually liked that ride) but this will be way better! 

I absolutely agree with you that they are going all in on this, and there is part of me that feels the same way as you do. But it’s just so hard for me to look past those blueprints and the height that we got from those.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

idk if this shows anything

At the very least, it shows the name "Spacelvania," which sounds like B-movie gold. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

all i see is Firehawk and a possible logo for the new ride?

Capturegthtrd.PNG

That logo is the Flight of Fear clan sign or something (I’ll have to check). The 355 was on a different part of the poster. Notice how in the background it says Alpha Centauri, which is the name of a constellation, and an old rumored name for the ride.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really hoping we've been hoodwinked and bamboozled.  A record-breaking coaster for height would be amazing for our park and would absolutely destroy the Carowinds fanboys' spirits.  But I'm not expecting it.  And honestly, I'm fine with that.  It's going to be an amazing coaster regardless.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I'm really hoping we've been hoodwinked and bamboozled.  A record-breaking coaster for height would be amazing for our park and would absolutely destroy the Carowinds fanboys' spirits.  But I'm not expecting it.

I dont think after all these years of asking for a giga coaster , Kings Island is gonna leave us with the tallest hyper in the world. If this thing is 355 its gonna knock fury right out of the ball park

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joshua said:

As an aside, I wonder if they might incorporate those Firehawk remnants as part of the "rubble."

FireRock 355 lol  

but that makes sense. It'd definitely need to be in so nobody tries to poach it. 

Polaris does means brightest star North, aka northern Star etc. If it were to fall out of the sky it's be a big hole.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

These numbers on the calendar.

polaris_3 1.jpg

I noticed they bothered to circle the 25th of December on the calendar, which is Christmas day and obviously relevant to Santa Claus, but I wonder if it might have another meaning...maybe some landmark in the construction process? They finished the lift hill on Fury in early December of the year construction started, maybe our hypothetical 355' lift hill will finally be complete that day? Seems too early for all construction to be complete though.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I dont think after all these years of asking for a giga coaster , Kings Island is gonna leave us with the tallest hyper in the world. If this thing is 355 its gonna knock fury right out of the ball park

The only thing I fear is if it is that tall, it would take away Fury 325’s records, and that is the only record-breaking coaster Carowinds has. It looks like Cedar Fair wants all of its major parks to have a record-breaker. We already have two, though I know we wouldn’t mind a third. It is also important to understand that the layout and the elements were designed to be taken at a certain speed, so B&M cannot just add more height and speed without completely re-engineering the layout. Like the fan-made renderings show with a 301 foot drop, the layout looks like it works well. Everyone is also complaining about length, and if the park made it even taller and faster, it would be that much shorter. Maybe more trim brakes too!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Itsintheshed said:

I noticed they bothered to circle the 25th of December on the calendar, which is Christmas day and obviously relevant to Santa Claus, but I wonder if it might have another meaning...maybe some landmark in the construction process? They finished the lift hill on Fury in early December of the year construction started, maybe our hypothetical 355' lift hill will finally be complete that day? Seems too early for all construction to be complete though.

It is Christmas 2020!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

FireRock 355 lol  

but that makes sense. It'd definitely need to be in so nobody tries to poach it. 

Polaris does means brightest star North, aka northern Star etc. If it were to fall out of the sky it's be a big hole.  

I always thought Polaris was less likely as a name given that. Star in the sense that its the star attraction. If the coaster did actually have a height of 286 or 296 as people have taken from the blueprints, that would hardly make it a start attraction when you have 3 taller coasters in the chain further north. But...if it does actually rise to a height of 355 that would certainly make it a contender for star attraction, albeit its hardly the most northern park. Though with the potential meteor theme I still think this name is less likely.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

A week ago *anyone goes against blue prints*

"BLUE PRINTS NOT POSSIBLE CANT FILE BLAH, CONTRACTORS ARENT MESSING AROUD BLAH"

 

today

"355 it is."

Wishful thinking??? haha

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

there is no way Ki's Giga is going to be slightly over 300ft, they are making this such a big deal, going through the trouble of these bad a$$ teasers and what not. This thing is going to be a record breaker and way better than FH ever was ( as much as i actually liked that ride) but this will be way better! 

This is an issue Ive been mulling over since the teasers started coming out. If everything we think we know is true via the blueprints, why oversell a statistical lesser ride than most were expecting? Ive heard it here and elsewhere that Kings Island is "only" a regional family park and will always be the lesser(ride intensity wise) of the two Ohio parks and this coaster needs to built with the GP expressly in mind(nothing super intense like TTD or I305).  So with that, the whole end of the world theming seems out of place. It all seems like one big swerve at this point and I go into Thursdays announcement with little to no expectations. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Just a reminder that this picture, including the 355, was drawn in 1956 and was not a KI creation. Just a Christmas/sci-fi themed picture for FoF during Winterfest.

4armsanta.jpg

Kings Island did change some things though... like the picture on the calendar and the blue book that now says x-base.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are over hyping this with all the teasers and it turns our to just be 301 feet tall, it makes sense. THere are gonna be more GP than enthusiast riding this and the point of the ride is not to satisfy the enthusiast , its to satisfy the GP. The GP is gonna go crazy because its 300 feet.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • malem locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...