Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, BeastlyKI said:

Amusement Insiders

Amusement Insiders posted a new video and he talked about the land clearing. He said there’s no need to panic because every project he’s ever observed always clears land in stages. 

So basically friends, don’t worry. Everything isn’t as it appears.

You should be wary of trusting youtubers info. If I recall correctly this channel repeatedly claimed Yukon Striker would be a giga dive. I often wondered where these channels get their info until rumblings around Kings Island started piping up. I was dismayed to find much of it is from random posters on sites like these with no evidence provided.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, starlitfire said:

I would just be happy with some space instrumentals. Unless Cedar Fair has money hidden to hire Giacchino or another Hollywood composer, I'm perfectly content with a nice soundtrack of space instrumentals.

I'm hoping for a blue and grey colour scheme, but I'm assuming that it probably won't be exactly that because of Millenium Force to the north.

I’d very much like for the company that made Mystic Timbers soundtrack to make one for the new coaster.

• Like 3

Just now, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Trade mark.jpg

Cedar Fair have trade mark 2 names that might be our giga name. Orion or Polaris. You decided.

please check pervious posts before posting, this info has been posted a couple pages back.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

The only thing about that is whoever took the screenshot, also cropped out the web address too. I’m going with it might be a fanboy made photoshop for now. I’ll wait until there is actual teasing from the park themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It dose look like is legit after the Trademark Orion is their.

• Like 2

Newer member posts screenshot claiming they found it on some mystery site. Then admits they do photoshop as their side job.
free-candy-seems-legit-motifake-com-27464914.png

Ha. And actually it was on Coaster Force’s Kings Island forum. Sorry I’m a newer member? Been reading for years, just never felt making an account. And ya, I do photoshop at a professional level and all I stated was that there was some attention to detail. And if you look at my original post also, I said I found it, and didn’t know if it was real or not.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

The only thing about that is whoever took the screenshot, also cropped out the web address too. I’m going with it might be a fanboy made photoshop for now. I’ll wait until there is actual teasing from the park themselves.

This can easily be faked in google chrome. 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, KIGiga2019 said:

It is time and I hope CF doesn't weak out again.

And what, in your view, would be the most recent example of Cedar Fair "weaking out"?

(Based on your screen-name, I feel that we might already know the answer the answer to this question :rolleyes:)

------

As for the "great debate" that transpired a few pages back, I'd hate to bring it back up again, but there are some thoughts I'd like to express...

On 5/4/2019 at 10:19 PM, New Horizons said:

you are absolutely putting words in our mouths. nobody here has said that KI as a business hinges on this giga. nobody here is claiming that KI isnt successful. 

Read closer into what silver2005 said, and you might realize that he was NOT putting words in people's mouths....

On 5/4/2019 at 10:10 PM, silver2005 said:

The people claiming that KI 'isnt on the map' are suggesting, whether on purpose or not, that KI's business model hinges on this one ride being built for 2020.  Saying and defending the notion that KI isn't on the map proves that point (this last sentence was edited in).

What he said is the people who are claiming the park is not on the map, are "suggesting, whether on purpose or not"  that KI's business hinges on one ride. If anything, you put words in his mouth by saying that he's saying that people are saying those things, when he wasn't.

He simply said that people are suggesting/insinuating such (and whether they intend to, or not).

And I for one agree with his sentiment.

Why?

Because I just couldn't help to be struck by this certain recurring word showing up several times throughout the discussion....

On 5/4/2019 at 10:36 PM, DonkeyKong said:

As a flagship park though we need/deserve a world class coaster, which is something most enthusiast outside of this site believe KI doesn't possess. 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, New Horizons said:

i still think KI needs something with some intensity and i hope that this new giga will provide that.

On 5/4/2019 at 8:21 PM, DonkeyKong said:

Kings Island needs to go all out on this coaster. Now I understand it can't necessarily break all the records we'd love to see, but it need to be something special. Kings Island is seriously in lack of a coaster that is universally loved by all enthusiast, and seen by the gp outside of our region as a must experience ride. For reference Coaster Buzz has a top 100 list that is continuously updated and currently the highest rated coaster at KI is Banshee at 21. Cedar Fair and KI have to recognize that this coaster whatever it ends up being needs to be special.

When people use such words as "need", they pretty much are implying that the park is going to suffer some kind of negative consequence if they don't fulfill said "need".

And this is why, silver used the words "whether on purpose or not".

Those people might not mean what they're suggesting, but their intent is irrelevant to the result...

Not only that, you have one member intimating they won't be buying passes next year, "if nothing new next year"... 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:43 PM, LuvingKI said:

I love Ki but agree . I love DB, but your right, it's over at the turn around. Banshee is just okay to me... we need a Giga and a couple more flats. I drop about 2500$ a year on 3 passes, if nothing new next year, will have to save my money till there is

A better choice of words, would be "KI would benefit greatly from [x.y and z]", or "it would fill a hole in the park's lineup if [insert coaster type] was built".

Sorry. Don't mean to be the word police or anything, but I do suggest being more careful with one's diction.

----------------

On 5/4/2019 at 10:19 PM, New Horizons said:

nobody is claiming their opinion as a fact.

To be fair, there was one this one poster who did basically just that ...:lol:

On 5/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, KIGiga2019 said:

It is not an argument that CP is better than KI when it comes to coasters(it's a fact)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

And what, in your view, would be the most recent example of Cedar Fair "weaking out".

(Based on your screen-name, I feel that we might already know the answer the answer to this question :rolleyes:)

------

As for the "great debate" that transpired a few pages back, I'd hate to bring it back up again, but there are some thoughts I'd like to express...

Read closely into what silver2005 said, and you might realize that he was NOT putting words in people's mouths....

What he said is the people who are claiming the park is not on the map, are "suggesting, whether on purpose or not"  that KI's business hinges on one ride. If anything, you put words in his mouth by saying that he's saying that people are saying those things, when he wasn't.

He simply said that people are suggesting/insinuating such (and whether they intend to, or not).

Why?

Because I just because couldn't help to be struck by this certain recurring word showing up several times throughout the discussion....

When people use such words as "need", they pretty much are implying that the park is going to suffer some kind of negative consequence if they don't fulfill said "need".

Those people might not mean what they're suggesting, but their intent is irrelevant to the result...

Not only that, you have one member intimating they won't be buying passes next year, "if nothing new next year"... 

A better choice of words, would be "KI would benefit greatly from [x.y and z]", or "it would fill a hole in the park's lineup if [insert coaster type] was built".

Sorry. Don't mean to be the word police or anything, but I do suggest being more careful with one's diction.

----------------

To be fair, there was one this one poster which basically did just that ...:lol:

Talk about being thorough...I had to take a nap after the 3 hours it took me to read this.  Sorry couldn’t help myself haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

And what, in your view, would be the most recent example of Cedar Fair "weaking out".

------

Read closely into what silver2005 said, and you might realize that he was NOT putting words in people's mouths....

Why?

Because I just because couldn't help to be struck by this certain recurring word showing up several times throughout the discussion....

----------------

To be fair, there was one this one poster which basically did just that ...:lol:

I saw this and instantly that song Whoa played in my head.  100 miles a hour switching lanes like Whoa

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

^ Haha what always happen is that I bite my tongue for when I don't have the time to write everything I want to say down, and then out of nowhere WHAM!:P

(And just to clarify to @LuvingKI, you are fully within you're right to demand something for the money that you pay, or if you would not want to purchase passes next year, if nothing new is to come next here. But considering its becoming ever-more-likely the great new attraction we've been hoping for, to bring you and many others back, I don't think we should too worried anyway).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

^ Haha what always happen is that I bite my tongue for when I don't have the time to write everything I want to say down, and then out of nowhere WHAM!:P

(And just to clarify to @LuvingKI, you are fully within you're right to demand something for the money that you pay, or if you would not want to purchase passes next year, if nothing new is to come next here. But considering its becoming ever-more-likely the great new attraction we've been hoping for, to bring you and many others back, I don't think we should too worried anyway).

It's all good. I know something more then likely is coming. I was just jumping in on the excitement of last nights post. All I have on a Friday night is Live PD and this LOL

And yeah your WHAM really did make that play in my head. Nothing negative, it just was like WOAH I like that kinda stuff, that's what makes this site interesting. People not holding back, or in your case holding back and saving for the WHAM

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Ha. And actually it was on Coaster Force’s Kings Island forum. Sorry I’m a newer member? Been reading for years, just never felt making an account. And ya, I do photoshop at a professional level and all I stated was that there was some attention to detail. And if you look at my original post also, I said I found it, and didn’t know if it was real or not.

The person who posted it there also claimed to "find it online" without a source. No one is claiming to actually have seen it on the KI site. The amount of fakes that get posted during the course of a decoding thread is staggering. 

• Like 3

So crazy seeing all that empty space. I know it’s been discussed before, but I just don’t see what they’re going to do about those maintenance buildings. Hopefully they are going to move them, but I doubt it. 

And yes, thank you @sixohdieselrage!! All of your photos are greatly appreciated. The last time I can remember someone having the ability to get shots like these was user Captain Nemo (I believe??) around 2006. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ldhudsonjr said:

@sixohdieselrage Just curious, how often do you guys go flying? I love these updates. Really hoping we start seeing some kind of construction down there soon.

We try to get up once a week. Once every two weeks at the latest. Weather is a huge factor. 

I'm going to start making a status message on my profile the second we go up in the air. So, follow me if you want to know before the pics are posted. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to comment on a couple of things:

In the first picture that sixohdieselrage just put up today (thank you for putting up those great photos by the way!), you can see that towards the bottom of the cleared area towards the end of The Beast covered shed that there is a line of trees starting to be cleared.  If you look at the photos that sixohdieselrage posted last week on page 14, I would direct your attention to the fourth photo in that post. 

https://KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34621-decoding-2020/&do=findComment&comment=817208

You'll notice that while the angle of the photos isn't exactly the same, there is definite tree clearing in that area now that wasn't present in the April 27 photos.  I think that is a pretty clear sign that the clearing has not reached its full extension in that direction yet.  If that is the case, I think the odds of this project interacting with the old SOB plot will continue to go down with time.

I think Cedar Fair will choose pretty bright colors for this project.  Remember that this coaster is going to be in the back of the park.  That is pertinent because the back of the park is a long way from the I-71 highway.  They are going to want to make absolutely sure that this coaster really stands out even from longer distances to accentuate the height.  I think that's one of the reasons that they originally put brighter yellow paint on Diamondback's lift hill and then used softer tones on the rest of the coaster. 

Personally, I'm with others here that have expressed a desire for a GateKeeper blue track with white supports combo.  The white supports on GateKeeper and Fury really make those coasters pop on the skyline.  If the Polaris or Orion names are used I think that will further lend itself to spacey kinds of colors - gray, silver, white, black, softer shades of blue.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing how the rest of this project develops!

• Like 6

Just playing around with google earth which hilariously still has SOB on there.  But I did just a quick outline of what could possibly fit there assuming they could jump the tree line to where SOB’s double helix was.  It came out to roughly 1.05 miles and I’m pretty sure Fury 325 is remotely close to that (6600 ft I believe).  Also I’m using a straight line and it doesn’t take into the effect of track taking elevation changes up and down like all other coasters so track length would be even longer than that if I’m correct.  What do you think?  

8001A9A3-9CC0-4E34-A9DF-CA00CCAB1F1B.png

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic