Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Kind of sad to think someone took to time to do that with the intention of making a bunch of people sad or upset. I’ve gotta say pretty creative way to do that though.

People  do stuff like this on the Internet all the time. It’s nothing new ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 5

Just now, RuthlessAirtime said:

People  do stuff like this on the Internet all the time. It’s nothing new ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Far from it, for sure. Still think we should try to keep this thread empty of stuff like that to the extent that we can.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Im sure the person behind this is savvy enough to use proxies and other redirects, but could the admins get a general location on this account? The troll one of course.

According to the bit.ly expander as well as a short URL checker, there is no in-between address, meaning that the long URL is the one in there. I'm looking for all of those items and so far, coming up short.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bjcolglazier said:

nice... why did you stop at 415, might as well go for the gusto...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, kissfan4 said:

What I dont understand is when I search for permits for Kings Island, there are no recent ones. Mystic Timbers, Banshee, Diamondback, etc...

Wild guess here, but it seems like all the building permits have to do with items being built along Kings Island drive. Like places that have to build on land that is bought etc.

As is, Cedar Fair owns all of King's Island's land. So for all intents and purposes, they're building on private land. I would guess that they don't need to file for a permit for this reason, and the only evidence we will have of things happening is when footers go in. Specs will not be known via any permit or otherwise, at least until the official announcement.

• Like 1

If anyone’s really curious, go down to Mason City Hall and ask for any permits they may have. Construction permits are filed through the city and that’s how news outlets have obtained blueprints in the past.

Edit: Here’s an example: https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/warren-county/mason-community/kings-island-new-ride-is-a-new-wooden-roller-coaster-coming-to-kings-island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, fryoj said:

the bit.ly was enough of a giveaway. That people are running with it without reading the user name is just an eye roller. 

I mean to be fair when you click on the link without reading the user name you get incredibly excited and lose all sense of logic and then you end up noticing it’s fake after you already posted a comment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

Wild guess here, but it seems like all the building permits have to do with items being built along Kings Island drive. Like places that have to build on land that is bought etc.

As is, Cedar Fair owns all of King's Island's land. So for all intents and purposes, they're building on private land. I would guess that they don't need to file for a permit for this reason, and the only evidence we will have of things happening is when footers go in. Specs will not be known via any permit or otherwise, at least until the official announcement.

That isn't how this works. Private land or not, you still have to file permits to build anything. It's illegal to put new steps or a deck on the back of your home, which is on private land without a permit. They have building departments that are very strict about these items now, due to the tragedies that have occurred in the past. See how many of these related to mass deaths from structural collapse or from fires.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fyrfyter said:

That isn't how this works. Private land or not, you still have to file permits to build anything. It's illegal to put new steps or a deck on the back of your home, which is on private land without a permit. They have building departments that are very strict about these items now, due to the tragedies that have occurred in the past. See how many of these related to mass deaths from structural collapse or from fires.

Hence the wild guess

Still stands that there are no permits for recent large projects

• Like 1

Just now, RuthlessAirtime said:

Hence the wild guess

Still stands that there are no permits for recent large projects

Yeah I'm really curious about this also. Is there some kind of special classification that keeps their permits offline? As far as I know it should still be public record.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Yeah I'm really curious about this also. Is there some kind of special classification that keeps their permits offline? As far as I know it should still be public record.

Public record doesn't mean it has to be online. And yeah, I suspect Kings Island gets special classification when needed...just because.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I mean to be fair when you click on the link without reading the user name you get incredibly excited and lose all sense of logic and then you end up noticing it’s fake after you already posted a comment.

1 minute ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I wouldn't go that far, there are still a lot of people who don't know anything about that kind of stuff.

I almost didn't click on it. It was that much of a red flag. There is no reason to use a link shortener in this context. A lot of people would have given their Facebook login and password there if it said you need a Facebook account to see the blueprints.

As for the permits not being online. The park probably something set up where their permits are hidden due to proprietary reasons. Universal has a set up like that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

There likely won’t be any permits or blueprints filed until we see footers poured.

I believe they have to file at that point.

Alright. I may make a trip to request some documents after we see those footers thenB)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

There likely won’t be any permits or blueprints filed until we see footers poured.

I believe they have to file at that point.

They have to be submitted for approval before they can start work. On a project like this, they may have multiple stages like a mass grading plan, foundation plan, building plan, etc. They may not have to submit all of them prior to the start of work even if that's typically how its done in most construction. But they would have to have each plan approved before starting on that phase for sure. I'd guess that all the plans have been filed and approved though. 

• Like 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't mean "average Joe" is going to walk into the Mason County building and get their hands on those plans claiming "public domain"...

That’s actually exactly what it means. See section 2.2 of This document. It states that “The requester does not have to put a records request in writing, and does not have to provide his or her identity or the intended use of the requested public record. It is the City of Mason’s general policy that this information is not to be required”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I need to know how people do this. It literally has the Warren county website URL and I searched around the other links and it is the Warren County website. 

Hard to explain without getting too technical, but basically they figured out how to feed all of that information into the URL to make it display whatever they want.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

That’s actually exactly what it means. See section 2.2 of This document. It states that “The requester does not have to put a records request in writing, and does not have to provide his or her identity or the intended use of the requested public record. It is the City of Mason’s general policy that this information is not to be required”

Well. That's probably their "general policy" on a lot of things. But trust me I know that's not exactly how it works when they don't want to share something. ;-)  I have no idea how it works between the park and the county offices, but I'm guessing we'd be seeing plans posted to this site awhile ago on all sorts of things if it was that easy.

• Like 1

Well. That's probably their "general policy" on a lot of things. But trust me I know that's not exactly how it works when they don't want to share something. ;-)  I have no idea how it works between the park and the county offices, but I'm guessing we'd be seeing plans posted to this site awhile ago on all sorts of things if it was that easy.

It’s also the law.

Section 5.

Failure to respond to a public records request

The City of Mason recognizes the legal and non-legal consequences of failure to properly respond to a public records request. In addition to the distrust in government that failure to comply may cause, the City of Mason’s failure to comply with a request may result in a court ordering the City of Mason to comply with the law and to pay the requester attorney’s fees and damages.

• Like 2

Just now, Bansheeback said:

It’s also the law.

Section 5.

Failure to respond to a public records request

The City of Mason recognizes the legal and non-legal consequences of failure to properly respond to a public records request. In addition to the distrust in government that failure to comply may cause, the City of Mason’s failure to comply with a request may result in a court ordering the City of Mason to comply with the law and to pay the requester attorney’s fees and damages.

I work at a public school and ALL SORTS of things are public record. Tons of things. That doesn't mean you're going to see a lot of them without a lawyer and a court-date.  

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic