Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

There are probably people who can determine type of coaster from the placement of a few footings and technical drawings of the attachment points. I am not one of them. 

I’m still team Giga, myself, tho. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also don't live close enough to go there myself, however.....

 

Maybe someone wants to take one for the team and go get some copies so that we can "decode"? :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Viewing the documents is free and unless something changed in the last three years you are allowed to take photos.  They only change if you want copies made.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

There are probably people who can determine type of coaster from the placement of a few footings and technical drawings of the attachment points. I am not one of them. 

I’m still team Giga, myself, tho. 

I think we need to make tshirts that say Team Giga and wear them around the park! :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck someone should be all over this then! Magenta I wish you would have shared this earlier. I do remember the Mystic initial foundation prints from a few years back.

What do you ask for? Just asking for project X is all you need to do?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got a feeling we’re going to start seeing teasers this week, since the season is about to go into day to day operations (Plus all the recent media attention)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I will see something on my next flyover...

Maybe I won't see something on my next flyover...

Mysteries are fun. :-)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we just wait until we start seeing teasers instead of coming up with stuff that might or might not be real. I like to be surprised tbh, thats what makes me love this community so much! 

-Josh 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I don’t think it would be very interesting if I did. It’s just the footings for what appears to be the station, return, and beginning of the lift hill. The locations given for the footings were from an undisclosed zero point around 5000 feet away, and there wasn’t anything indicating north on the drawing. 

Someone will go down and buy copies and share them soon I would think. 

I don't think you know how easily entertained we are.

  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that's interested, Warren County Building Permits appear to be numbered serially, and the most recently filed permit number for 2019 that's online is 1092.  It was filed yesterday.  I went through about 50 of them to find that (1040-1092), and there were no records missing.  This tells me that Warren County is actually pretty good at record keeping, and promptly publishes building permits to their website.  This would also lead me to believe that if KI gets special treatment (likely), and they filed a building permit that was not published to the website, there would be a missing permit number.  If one were motivated, one could locate any missing permit numbers for 2019 and request them in person at the appropriate office.  It's also possible they haven't filed yet, so any missing permit numbers higher than 1092 would be a candidate.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I definitely will!
I see everyone mentions the spot of land where the SOB helix was as land being worked on but has anyone noticed actual current work here? Maybe it is ready as is since it is already cleared out and they just work into that area when the time comes, as usual we will have to be patient and watch what happens. This is always the exciting time of the year that consumes my attention. I so love the park, first visited opening year and continue to call this my home park. I have been to many others but due to my location in KY, I am proud to call this my home park.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SilentGloves said:

For anyone that's interested, Warren County Building Permits appear to be numbered serially, and the most recently filed permit number for 2019 that's online is 1092.  It was filed yesterday.  I went through about 50 of them to find that (1040-1092), and there were no records missing.  This tells me that Warren County is actually pretty good at record keeping, and promptly publishes building permits to their website.  This would also lead me to believe that if KI gets special treatment (likely), and they filed a building permit that was not published to the website, there would be a missing permit number.  If one were motivated, one could locate any missing permit numbers for 2019 and request them in person at the appropriate office.  It's also possible they haven't filed yet, so any missing permit numbers higher than 1092 would be a candidate.

The park is inside the City of Mason, pretty sure they get permits from the city not the county.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In medieval Muslim astronomy, Orion was known as al-jabbar, "the giant".[13] Orion's sixth brightest star, Saiph, is named from the Arabic, saif al-jabbar, meaning "sword of the giant".

So we can have The Giant to keep The Beast company...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kenban said:

The park is inside the City of Mason, pretty sure they get permits from the city not the county.

That's a fair point.  I forgot that Ohio is super weird about administration of building code enforcement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's a fair point.  I forgot that Ohio is super weird about administration of building code enforcement.


That’s not entirely true. A city doesn’t have to have a building department, in which case the county is responsible.

It’s similar to not having a zoning department.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in some states, it is the State that reviews the drawings, and not the county!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And in some states, it is the State that reviews the drawings, and not the county!


Except that’s not the case here. Each County is ultimately responsible for it. In Hamilton County all unincorporated areas are covered as well as 6 cities that opt to contract for service.

Reading through the Mason website, I suspect that is true as well. Building departments are expensive to run, since you have to have all the necessary inspectors as well.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

That’s not entirely true. A city doesn’t have to have a building department, in which case the county is responsible.

It’s similar to not having a zoning department.

 

Yeah, but it's up to the city, so you end up with a some cities doing enforcement, and some using the county.  I believe it's the same for townships.  I'm not sure about who administers KI's land.  I would assume the county, but I don't know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, but it's up to the city, so you end up with a some cities doing enforcement, and some using the county.  I believe it's the same for townships.  I'm not sure about who administers KI's land.  I would assume the county, but I don't know.


That’s my guess as well. Mason doesn’t seem to have a building department that wants to take on more than fences/pools/signs/etc, which in essence makes them a zoning department.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, I looked up Warren County building permits, and there are plenty listed from Paramount days, so I would imagine that Warren County is responsible for the building permits for KI. I could be wrong though. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The City of Mason has a building department, and yes they are the place to go for building permits and HVAC permits for work inside the city (probably electrical and fire protection as well).  Something like a roller coaster, may get permitted out to the department of agriculture as that is a bit more unique, but the station would be under their jurisdiction and something they could/would review themselves and approve.  The City of Mason building department is next to Mason HS (unless its moved, been a few years since I submitted a permit there).  Plumbing permits will go thru the Warren County plumbing department, which is part of health department (this is typical for most counties in SW ohio that I've done work in, if not all)  The Warren Co plumbing department is located in Lebanon.  (the Warren county building department is also in Lebanon, but in a different building about a 1/4 mile away).  I'm not sure where the site work permits go, city or county.

There are definitely permits on file, or under review atm.  They may be cleverly disguised so that a simple search won't bring them up.

I have no proof of this, but its my belief that the guy who leaked the Banshee documents was a "plant" something the park did to drum up interest and more speculation as they got closer to an announcement.  By the time he "leaked" the blue prints, it was pretty obvious that the Banshee was going to be an invert. The key is to release enough information to get fanboys/girls excited, but also leave enough doubt that they can't for sure say its accurate and want to come out to the park to the grand announcement.  KI knocked it out of the park with Banshee's announcement.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

For what it's worth, I looked up Warren County building permits, and there are plenty listed from Paramount days, so I would imagine that Warren County is responsible for the building permits for KI. I could be wrong though. 

I believe the park has been annexed into the city since the paramount days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

I say we just wait until we start seeing teasers instead of coming up with stuff that might or might not be real. I like to be surprised tbh, thats what makes me love this community so much! 

-Josh 

To be fair, it’s pretty easy to avoid this thread if you’d prefer to be surprised. Other places on the web, maybe not, but it’s pretty clear here. What is being done and discussed here is exactly what this thread is made for. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

To be fair, it’s pretty easy to avoid this thread if you’d prefer to be surprised. Other places on the web, maybe not, but it’s pretty clear here. What is being done and discussed here is exactly what this thread is made for. 

I never said i wanted to avoid this thread, i love this thread, seeing everyone ideas and speculations. I never said i didnt want to see this thread. ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

I say we just wait until we start seeing teasers instead of coming up with stuff that might or might not be real. I like to be surprised tbh, thats what makes me love this community so much! 

 -Josh 

You literally said you liked to be surprised. 

7 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

I never said i wanted to avoid this thread, i love this thread, seeing everyone ideas and speculations. I never said i didnt want to see this thread. ;) 

@Magenta Lizard gave a way to avoid being spoiled of the surprise....because this 2nd response basically says: I want to see it, but I want to tell everyone else not to talk about stuff I don’t want to see.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, medford said:

I believe the park has been annexed into the city since the paramount days.

I am pretty sure it was 1997, which makes sense because if you look at the Warren County permit website it is the last year which has any permits for the park listed.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys just because its in a hard place to find in the forum and it has to due with the 2020 attraction just wanted to let everyone know I created a topic for designing your own 2020 attraction using my rct2 recreation and then sharing your ideas with the community!Paramount's Kings Island 2019-05-08 11-44-37.png

Heres the link to the topic:

 

thanks!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turtlepower said:

I don't think you know how easily entertained we are.

Well if you insist. Recognize this is from memory and my memory isn’t the best, nor are my sketching skills.

50B2EE86-5AB5-4C4A-908D-37AE2B31390E.jpeg

The red rectangle represents a bunch of closely set footings that appeared to be delineating the station. The purple lines represent rows of somewhat farther spaced individual footings, and I do recall they seemed to make a hard left turn toward the station. The blue lines represent widely spaced larger footings that I’m assuming are the beginning of the lift hill. 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...