Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Phantom Theater said:

Really? That’s actually very odd. Anything else specific that was said?

I didn't catch the very beginning because I assumed it was a normal spiel but definitely said in 2020 they'd be using a new Firehawk steel building system, capable of building over 400 feet tall and able to withstand 95 mph winds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

I didn't catch the very beginning because I assumed it was a normal spiel but definitely said in 2020 they'd be using a new Firehawk steel building system, capable of building over 400 feet tall and able to withstand 95 mph winds. 

Would be really interested in knowing if anyone else heard this form the Ops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, super7 said:

How giga twister like Raging Bull is a hyper twister on a limited plot of land ?   

KI definitely doesn’t need anymore out and backs.   They have 3ish already. N

The last giga twister (Intimidator) did not turn out all that great. Out backs are fine layouts and are still able to offer intense enjoyable experiences. Furthermore you really can do a lot with an out and back layout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben43065 said:

The last giga twister (Intimidator) did not turn out all that great. Out backs are fine layouts and are still able to offer intense enjoyable experiences. Furthermore you really can do a lot with an out and back layout. 

That was Intamin.   They are normally lower in quality to B&M.   Plus they went cheap on I305 and built it low to the ground which makes it neck snapping and gray out inducing 

 Raging Bull is a great ride.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ride ops say some funny things sometimes. He may have simply been poking fun at the flyer.

Brace yourselves, the flyer will probably be this year's "Son of Beast is coming back." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a former ride op at KI dont get to caught up in the things that hourly workers say over mics and what not. KI doesn't not disclose info about a coming attraction to its seasonal employees. the ride op at mystic was likely a coaster enthusiast like us but trying to troll us. i know the guy who made the banners when the "number 5 is alive" posters were making their rounds last year. He was absolutely the kind of guy that would put up fake posters just to troll the coaster community. i didn't really like him that much to be honest haha 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

What I’d love to see is a giga and new plaza year one and then year two of an X base expansion would bring in 2 flat rides (Id love an Scream and swing)

I have a question for the forum here. If there is potentially a new plaza, do you thing KI would use the pedestals from I-Street. A ton of people on this board like those pedestals and I',m wondering if the park could possibly incorporate them in a new plaza. I've never been to the park and will visit the first time for 3 days at the end of May before I head up to CoasterMania and I'm looking forward to my visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was looking from Racer, I thought I saw something coming from the ground that looked like vertical bars with another, arched bar at the top. It was hard to determine the actual size of the structure as I was on the move on the ride at the time. I haven’t seen any photos that seem to show this. Was it something already back there related to Dinos?  Am I just losing it? Here’s a crappy rendition of roughly what I think I saw:8AE1D649-880A-4487-8253-34356C0E4F0A.jpeg

edited to add: I may have been seeing what the Wild Gravity video described as “the wooden structure” because it seemed to be in that area but it really appeared to me to be yellow tubular steel not wooden square beams. I guess I’ll have to ride again Friday and see what I can see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, super7 said:

That was Intamin.   They are normally lower in quality to B&M.   Plus they went cheap on I305 and built it low to the ground which makes it neck snapping and gray out inducing 

 Raging Bull is a great ride.  

Low quality? I wouldn't say that at all. Intamin has always pushed the limits. I wouldn't call that low quality. Sure, they have reliability issues, but I305 is one of the best coasters I have ever been on. I never got a chance to ride or before the modification but now it's absolutely phenomenal.

 

As far as Raging Bull is concerned, I personally have never been on it but I have heard that it is very boring. Again, can't speak from experience on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upstop said:

I’m guessing the pole-barn structure is a new Haunt since it kind of appears to be directly behind the old DA entrance. It might even be where TR the Ride was initially supposed to go, pre-surveyed and all.

I am not certain you understand just how far out the barn is located.  It is next to the boneyard which is beyond the back of where DA was located.  I cannot imagine the park would put a haunt that far beyond the edge of the park, or that they want guests out at the boneyard at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, firstnline said:

I have a question for the forum here. If there is potentially a new plaza, do you thing KI would use the pedestals from I-Street. A ton of people on this board like those pedestals and I',m wondering if the park could possibly incorporate them in a new plaza. I've never been to the park and will visit the first time for 3 days at the end of May before I head up to CoasterMania and I'm looking forward to my visit.

It would seem unlikely, based on how the ride plazas for recent CF installations have looked. But I suppose you never know! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenban said:

I am not certain you understand just how far out the barn is located.  It is next to the boneyard which is beyond the back of where DA was located.  I cannot imagine the park would put a haunt that far beyond the edge of the park, or that they want guests out at the boneyard at all.

Woah.... misjudged distance and location for sure! However wasn’t that about where the Psychopath Haunt started .... years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I wonder if they are going to open up a new Midway where Days of Thunder building is and connect it to Xbase. I think it would help drive traffic to the North end of the park with the addition of whatever is coming in 2020.

d5048a6bf04af6c35ed0e8fd973d79a0.jpg

Unless they plan on building a new facility for Tech Sevices, action theater isn’t going anywhere. You may not know this, but in the basement is Tech Services along with a lot of storage that other departments use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Magenta Lizard That is a definitely lumber for a sort of building you see out that way. 

Let's see if I can zoom in to my picture anymore without it becoming pixelated. 

LRM_EXPORT_142958860316605_20190421_134321810.jpeg

And this next picture is the exact spot in question. 20190421_134705.jpg

So, it appears to be a fairly large building. I'll make sure to get aerial pictures of the area next time we go up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that new building multiple times when at the park on Saturday (I rode Blue Racer on Friday but without my glasses on due to the rain) and wondered what it is. Also, I have to wonder if the 2 big clearings (there is another near where Son of Beast's helix used to be) are for 2 separate things, or if they are gonna eventually merge into 1 huge clearing possibly along with the Firehawk plot. If they do merge, if this isn't for a Giga, it's the most monstrous wing or floorless coaster ever built (which I would still happily ride probably). A Dive Coaster taking that much land doesn't make much sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So I have a question. If the land clearing was to grow would they have left the equipment on property? Has anyone been able to see if there’s still equipment on property to clear the land? 

They could be done clearing mass parts. I believe there was equipment by their maintenance shed and also behind The Racer near action figure, like ground levelers


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also interesting to note that Firehawk’s Transformer and Transformer pad has been left in place. I would assume it’s intended to be reused for something, whether that is a coaster, flat, or other building isn’t possible to say from that. It is still significant that it’s still there, though. Most of the other site utilities seem to have been removed, so it would have made sense to go ahead and remove it as well, but it was carefully undisturbed. I’m sure that some of the storm drains were left as well, and that is what we are seeing with some of the cones out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Also interesting to note that Firehawk’s Transformer and Transformer pad has been left in place. I would assume it’s intended to be reused for something, whether that is a coaster, flat, or other building isn’t possible to say from that. It is still significant that it’s still there, though. Most of the other site utilities seem to have been removed, so it would have made sense to go ahead and remove it as well, but it was carefully undisturbed. I’m sure that some of the storm drains were left as well, and that is what we are seeing with some of the cones out there. 

Or the cones are there to conceal survey markers. Probably not, but a possibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

I saw that new building multiple times when at the park on Saturday (I rode Blue Racer on Friday but without my glasses on due to the rain) and wondered what it is. Also, I have to wonder if the 2 big clearings (there is another near where Son of Beast's helix used to be) are for 2 separate things, or if they are gonna eventually merge into 1 huge clearing possibly along with the Firehawk plot. If they do merge, if this isn't for a Giga, it's the most monstrous wing or floorless coaster ever built (which I would still happily ride probably). A Dive Coaster taking that much land doesn't make much sense to me.

I think we also still have to consider that there is new clearing directly behind Firehawk's former location as well. The first drop of this new coaster could drop into that new clearing towards the Little Miami, then make a sharp turn left where the clearing is at SOB's former helix site and up to all of the open space behind Banshee. Something else to consider is that all of the new clearing in the former DA area could be for an X-Base expansion of some kind. Hence the possible new maintenance building to replace the old ones . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@Magenta Lizard That is a definitely lumber for a sort of building you see out that way. 

Let's see if I can zoom in to my picture anymore without it becoming pixelated. 

LRM_EXPORT_142958860316605_20190421_134321810.jpeg

And this next picture is the exact spot in question. 20190421_134705.jpg

So, it appears to be a fairly large building. I'll make sure to get aerial pictures of the area next time we go up. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...