Decoding 2020

fryoj

I'm not overly concerned with the length if we can get record breaking height, but if these leaks are real, some part of me wonders why they would choose to go on the short side with all that freaking land to play with. Some parks would kill for that space.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Turtlepower said:

It could be a hack, but aside from that, I just don't see it. There are surely marketing folk who know of a roller coaster that is huge and in X-base. Accounting folk who know what money has been spent where. Who would have an exact diagram like that though? Why would they risk their career just to post that? 

I guess what I'm trying to say is this.  What if no one actually was risking their career.  What if this was meant to be "leaked" to get people talking.   Could this have been the plan all along by marketing.   Let's "leak" this pseudo boring layout to get people talking and mad that it's not the biggest baddest giga on the planet.   Then when the alignment comes,  we'll blow their minds.   

Many have already conceded that lawsuit is gospel and for sure what is coming.   Maybe this is the plan. I don't know for sure. Maybe like a reverse of Mystic's shed... instead of causing overhype,  we'll cause underhype... lol

At any rate,  can't wait to see the finished product. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, presto123 said:

I'm not overly concerned with the length if we can get record breaking height, but if these leaks are real, some part of me wonders why they would choose to go on the short side with all that freaking land to play with. Some parks would kill for that space.

Yeah it definitely seems a bit dissapointing at the moment.

I do think there's a missing piece of the puzzle we aren't aware of yet. Something that's sets the ride apart. I don't see why they'd just make a dissapointing Giga. I'd be willing to bet there's something else to it.

• Like 3

3d68b4adbcfdd981b1b47c67f3a0015e.jpg
62050fded65563629c262885aeba555e.jpg

For those who saw the “leak” the lift hill starts and ends here. Around 360ft. If standard 45° angle lift hill, the height of the first drop is looking at 360ft high, being 509ft in track length for the lift hill.

So maybe it is bigger than we think, it’s hard to put things on paper unless having actual numbers. I remember seeing MT plans and it seemed really small, but it does go out and back a good distant. I’m excited to see what they have for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Hide contents

For those who saw the “leak” the lift hill starts and ends here. Around 360ft. If standard 45° angle lift hill, the height of the first drop is looking at 360ft high, being 509ft in track length for the lift hill.

So maybe it is bigger than we think, it’s hard to put things on paper unless having actual numbers. I remember seeing MT plans and it seemed really small, but it does go out and back a good distant. I’m excited to see what they have for us.

360 ft. mark and super fast would make up for the shorter length.

• Like 2

360 ft. mark and super fast would make up for the shorter length.

I’m trying to get the highest res images that I can. I can see supports and most are at a 45° angle, so that’ll give hill height, and I can calculate the entire track length.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

I’m trying to get the highest res images that I can. I can see supports and most are at a 45° angle, so that’ll give hill height, and I can calculate the entire track length.

Keep us posted on that!

• Like 2

07e7cbe234b45052b3c05ceb4cef8630.jpga3e4ba5522717a20b3047b77c390ee3a.jpg
Should also add, fury appears to be a 32° angle lift hill
83c5309270a0538528927903f29c5596.jpg
If ours maintains the 32° “so called” angle. Ours would only be 224ft tall

(All measurements are off of google earth. And using map layover with the submitted “leaks”. Not stating anything is factual, just possibilities)

• Like 2

I’m kind of confused what you’re doing with that. Are you saying that Fury’s lift hill is only 32 degrees because of the flattened shadow it casts on the photo used on google earth? Or is there something I’m missing about your calcs? Because Fury’s lift is clearly not that shallow6C510FA2-0B5F-4CD7-B0D9-95DB58127E37.png

If that isn’t where you were going with this, I don’t understand where you are?

• Like 4

Is it the giga length everyone wanted? No. Is it still a giga coaster? Yes! Only a few parks in the world have a giga coaster and Kings Island is about to become one of the lucky few. Sure it might not break any records but that doesn’t mean it won’t be the best ride in the park. Who knows what kind of elements this ride will have. I don’t get how receiving a brand new 28+ million dollar coaster is a bad thing.... 

• Like 3

I don’t think anyone has said it’s a bad thing? I think people seem let down by the length, which is understandable because it looks pretty short for a giga. I’m still excited! After reading these 20+ pages last night, I dreamt about the new coaster, lol. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sorner said:

I don’t think anyone has said it’s a bad thing? I think people seem let down by the length, which is understandable because it looks pretty short for a giga. I’m still excited! After reading these 20+ pages last night, I dreamt about the new coaster, lol. 

Haha I dreamt it was another wood coaster.  Let’s just say when I woke up I was relieved it wasn’t.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Hide contents

This is close to what i got last night!

• Like 1

Wow!! That was intense.... LOL I pray it was Don or someone that got everyone this worked up.... that being said lets be honest. Does it really matter that its doesnt break every record??? Mystic Timbers didnt break records like that and is still one of the greatest rides ive had. A Giga will still have the huge drop everyone loves and the speeds and i dont think its length will bother you once riding it. And you never know with these guys there might be some surprises in store that will change your mind as well. Im still super excited to see what exactly is in store for us.

• Like 4

I’m pretty sure the video was created using the layout that leaked. I don’t think that’s a leaked official animation. I’m hoping the final design is like the one in the animation, it looks awesome 

• Like 6

Just now, lifetimecoaster said:

Well if that track laying around at Clermont starts turning blue, we'll know that the video is legit.... 

But the video is just a concept based off of the leaked layout. It is by no means the actual product or legitimate. Still cool though 

Just now, Coaster Critics said:

How tall was this concept made?

It looks to be at the 300 ft mark since it’s top speed is at 92 mph. The track is just over 5,000 ft long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 seconds from drop to break run. 

I'd say thats close though. Off a little here and there, but nothing too much other than that tall hill between the turn around and the helix won't be there though.

4 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Well if that track laying around at Clermont starts turning blue, we'll know that the video is legit.... 

lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

Would people like to see the 4 in a row seating or Diamondback’s stadium style seating? emoji848.png

Personally, I would like 4 seats per row because I would love to wait half as long. That being said the stadium-style seats make for a better ride experience.

• Like 3

I just got thru this... I actually fell asleep last night reading this stuff lol. Lots of speculation and intrigue, and in the words of the characters from that MadTV Laguna Beach parody: “Somuchdrama!”

• Like 1

Just now, Coaster Critics said:

Personally, I would like 4 seats per row because I would love to wait half as long. That being said the stadium-style seats make for a better ride experience.

It's the same amount of seats per train. The DB trains are just longer. 

Also, with us knowing that the station and transfer track are both single pieces, we pretty much know its not stadium seating.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, fryoj said:

It's the same amount of seats per train. The DB trains are just longer. 

Also, with us knowing that the station and transfer track are both single pieces, we pretty much know its not stadium seating.

I stand corrected. In that case, I would prefer the stadium style but I think the 4 per row is more likely.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic