Jump to content
fryoj

Decoding 2020

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Imaniixo said:

The population in the city limits doesn’t tell nearly the whole story.

Kings Island draws a lot of people from Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton, Indianapolis, Louisville, and Lexington.

You're also forgetting that Toronto is the Greater Horseshoe area, with nearly 9.5M people, also in the Quebec-Windsor corridor (18.4M+ people) and also attracts 43 million visitors a year. The city is also very rich and is growing at about 100-120K a year, so it has a larger audience than pretty much every CF park outside Knotts arguably. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MIAParkman said:

You're also forgetting that Toronto is the Greater Horseshoe area, with nearly 9.5M people, also in the Quebec-Windsor corridor (18.4M+ people) and also attracts 43 million visitors a year. The city is also very rich and is growing at about 100-120K a year, so it has a larger audience than pretty much every CF park outside Knotts arguably. 

No, I am not forgetting that. It’s pretty clear Toronto is massive, I think everyone knows that. All I was saying was that Kings Island draws in a lot more then just the city limits of Cincinnati.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonkeyKong said:

I still have questions about the account that leaked the plans. I understand how convincing they are, and it very well may be true still it just seems fishy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were going to legit leak something you weren't supposed to, would you use a username that you've been using for years and people know, or would you create a new name? They were leaking them. They weren't trying to boost their ego with an "I know something you don't know" like has happened in the past. 

47 minutes ago, kissfan4 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but looking at the leaked layout, why does the picture not line up about 2/3rds of the way across. Looks like a section was cut out, and the remaining pieces were stitched together.  The track somehow matches up, but nothing else does. The Dinosaurs Alive path does not match up, what appears to be new service roads do not match up, especially the area where the fireworks are currently shot from. Something looks fishy with this.

Like another has said, no one got the actual pdf. The Original poster didn't upload them right or something. When he realized it, he took screen caps on his phone and sent that to people. It was two pics that showed everything. The person who ended up posting them here tried to stitch them together, but, probably in a hurry, didn't get them lined up. But the originals line up correctly. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bansheeback said:

I'm scanning all of the pages in the document and uploading them to Google Drive so everybody can examine it in higher quality. I'll post the link when I'm finished.

Thank you, I’ve been busy and haven’t had the chance 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Anybody who has ridden Intimidator305 want to give your thoughts for those of us who haven't?

I rode it for the first time last year, then Fury a couple days later. As has been mentioned, the 20 foot height difference really doesn't make a difference once you're over 300 feet. I liked I305 just as much as Fury, which I know isn't a popular opinion. To be honest, with Diamondback already at KI, I think I305 would be a better fit anyway. Just one man's opinion though, and I think the majority would disagree.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

I rode it for the first time last year, then Fury a couple days later. As has been mentioned, the 20 foot height difference really doesn't make a difference once you're over 300 feet. I liked I305 just as much as Fury, which I know isn't a popular opinion. To be honest, with Diamondback already at KI, I think I305 would be a better fit anyway. Just one man's opinion though, and I think the majority would disagree.

I thought people loved I305? I'm surprised that would be an unpopular opinion. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to ride either but I was under the impression people considered I305 and Fury different types of experiences, not necessarily that one was better than the other.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I thought people loved I305? I'm surprised that would be an unpopular opinion. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to ride either but I was under the impression people considered I305 and Fury different types of experiences, not necessarily that one was better than the other.

The reason I asked is because this new KI giga is likely to surpass I305 at the very least. Will still be an awesome ride even if it doesn't break length records.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, presto123 said:

The reason I asked is because this new KI giga is likely to surpass I305 at the very least. Will still be an awesome ride even if it doesn't break length records.

I'd be fine with this. I've heard I305 is amazing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Intamin and B&M make very different coasters with very different experiences. One company’s giga is not the other’s. Though I am confident either can make very good gigas, even if they are on the shorter side.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I for one don't believe KI will make their giga shorter than it's own hyper. Therefore, we won't have the shortest giga. I really was hoping for a length record. Maybe they could go for the giga with the steepest drop?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CoasterMyths79 said:

And those are not all of the prints you obtained, just the ones that we are allowed to post, correct?

Those are all of the ones I obtained from Mason City Hall, I haven't redacted any of them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

He also said talk in the industry is that the new Kings Island coaster will be about 5,000 feet long and run at speeds of up to 93 miles per hour.

 

I can live with that. Especially if this thing ends up being 355.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

Those are all of the ones I obtained from Mason City Hall, I haven't redacted any of them.

Interesting. I'll probably hop off of KIC from here on out, I want to be surprised, as I don't like to speculate. :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
He also said talk in the industry is that the new Kings Island coaster will be about 5,000 feet long and run at speeds of up to 93 miles per hour.
 
I can live with that. Especially if this thing ends up being 355.
Personally this is the part that bums me out. I would give up a little height to make it a little longer. Hopefully it approches around 6000'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CoasterMyths79 said:

And those are not all of the prints you obtained, just the ones that we are allowed to post, correct?

You are probably thinking of the full layout that was anon leaked on here yesterday. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KevM86 said:

Personally this is the part that bums me out. I would give up a little height to make it a little longer. Hopefully it approches around 6000'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
 

Unfortunately, thats not what the plan measured out to. I got 4600 ft straight line, so whatever you gain from up and down hills is all it's going to be. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd be fine with this. I've heard I305 is amazing.

The height and speed are amazing. I felt the ride was over way too fast and the layout was just mediocre. Fury didn't feel as intense to me but the layout was much more enjoyable. Both great rides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of the variables for the height are from not knowing how tall the loading station will be and I think I have figured it out...

the line will start right next to the line for FOF. You will then go in the building, up a set of spiral staircases while the FOF trains fly by you as you wait, exit midway up through a newly cut out exit and load onto the ride up at about 50 ft.  From there you will start on the 305ft lift hill and drop a jaw dropping 355ft!  

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RuthlessAirtime said:

BTW, John Matarese just covered this on the nightly news and did a fine job of it.

@JohnMatarese you’re a great coaster correspondent, never stop

Think the video will be available on youtube? If not, what was the gist of his coverage?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KI_FAN_4_LIFE said:

A lot of the variables for the height are from not knowing how tall the loading station will be and I think I have figured it out...

the line will start right next to the line for FOF. You will then go in the building, up a set of spiral staircases while the FOF trains fly by you as you wait, exit midway up through a newly cut out exit and load onto the ride up at about 50 ft.  From there you will start on the 305ft lift hill and drop a jaw dropping 355ft!  

As been said many times, the height of the station is irrelevant. The blueprints from the city are the footer blueprints. The footers are on the ground. The backbone that we have calculated everything off of, attaches directly to the footer. The station could be 100 foot off the ground and it wouldn't change the height of the lift. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...