KI Gold Pass Preview Night

fyrfyter

We went last night to get a pass processed for my youngest and try to have some fun.

International Street looks great with the pavers and new fountain design. Tables and umbrellas look good too. The giant trees being gone have really opened up the area. You can definitely notice the new spray designs and water higher into the air.

It was wet and cold, so we didn’t end up staying long. I did laugh at watching people covering their faces riding Diamondback in the pouring rain. I’d estimate in total there were about 1000 people there at best.

I was also surprised at the number of kids and employees wearing shorts. Apparently not everyone knows how to watch a weather forecast.

I looks like it will be fun throughout the season.

What I did not appreciate was the self use order Kiosk at the jukebox diner. Whoever designed that system needs their head examined. It’s very unintuitive to use. It made us ring up our meal plan orders separately and then when we did pay for something it lumped it all together for that part. The employees are clueless about using the system. I’m sure it was put in to appease those who want things like that and can’t wait in line, but I personally hated it. I hope it’s not the final setup. It needs some serious work for it to function correctly. Of course, there’s no directions on how to use it.

Out of my family, I was the only person not soaked to the bone. So after the meal and some more walking we left. Still spent 2 hours there, even though it didn’t feel like it.