Mystic Restraints???

Jallie79

So I spent Friday night taking the walk of shame on Mystic due to the lap bar not locking.   Thought about it and realized u had my wallet and phone in my front pocket.  Ok moron, lap bar isn't gonna lock with that in there.  Fast forward to Saturday and I got smart.  Cargo pants. Thinking they're less bulky and nothing in my front pockets.  Still no dice.  I religiously rode mystic just 4 months ago during winterfest.  Still wearing the same size clothing comfortably. So thinking what gives.  Did something change with the restraints since December or is everyone just being nice to me. Lol. Either way, I'm going to be losing some weight but just curious.

6 hours ago, Bansheelover said:

I'm usually a 2-3 click guy on Mystic, but Saturday only 1. I don't know if it was the layers of clothing I wore, or my off season weight gain program I enjoyed.....

I'm guessing a little of both with me. Lol

6 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I always fit but I have trouble on The Beast because the bars turn me inward for some reason. Don’t carry a lot of extra weight but I workout almost daily and have rather large thighs. 

Same issue I have. I work in EMS and "squat" large patients on a regular basis.  

Just be grateful that you were at KI and not CP. I’m 6’1 220 and am very questionable on a lot of the rides. I think most people are my size or larger rather than smaller.

I rode Wicked Twister 4 times that day - 3 were no problem and once was a walk of shame. The walk of shame was in the middle of the other rides. It just shows that not much is put into the consistency of the seatbelts.

For the record, this appears to be an issue that’s relatively exclusive to Intamin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Thanks for the replies. Figure it was just me. I was just looking at our last pic from winterfest compared to our pic from Saturday....ol boy put on a few pounds over the winter. Lol. Time to lose the winter weight.

Good luck on losing your weight. Hope you get to ride mystic soon. :D

I was able to ride Wicked twister at 6'5 245-250# and everything at KI still, but droptower.. I think it just depends where the extra is carried

And pretty sure I rode everything at Cedar Point with no issues

MT I find to be super roomy. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

If I am sitting anywhere near the middle of the train, I have to have assistance.  Front or back, i get the lap bar down no problem.

Both times I tried this weekend I was in the middle. Have to talk them Into the back. Best seat anyway. Lol

5 hours ago, TheRickster said:

Wicked Twister is just a total crap shoot. I'm a bit bigger than Boddah and was able to ride it last year. There just is a super huge tolerance on whoever cut those seatbelts.

Not sure when you went last year, but I spoke with maintenance during Winter Chillout.  The belts were replaced mid-season last year after a lot of problems with them being too short.

So, not to go off on a tangent here, but does anyone else think that the most uncomfortable part of Flight of Fear is the round part of the restraint that crushes down on your feet?  Does anyone else know what I'm talking about or do I just have fat feet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

So, not to go off on a tangent here, but does anyone else think that the most uncomfortable part of Flight of Fear is the round part of the restraint that crushes down on your feet?  Does anyone else know what I'm talking about or do I just have fat feet?

Yep the front row of each car you have the wheel well under your foot. That is why I like the second row of each car.

I did not notice anything different with MT. Then again, with 3 extra layers on I did not pay to much attention to how tight they were. 

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I've only ever been able to ride odd seats on FOF

And even in the odd Seats, Yes I hate that feeling on my feet!!!!! but I can't even fit in even numbered seats

FOF is the most Uncomfortable ride I ride or have ever rode, but I still ride it

My forever ride complaint will be Drop Tower making belts shorter. I went one year and it has belt extensions going both ways, the next year only one way, since then it has been to uncomfortable for me to ride, and that took place some years ago. never understood why. I've let Droptower go. I don't even look at it