Over Rated Rides

CaviMan2

I don't really think it's overrated, but TR:TR is just a little tame for my taste. Don't get me wrong, I like this ride quite a bit... but I've ridden other Top Spins, and I love what they do. TR will never be wild. I think with the difficulties they've had (prototype down times) the ride will always be a little tamer than similar, yet smaller rides. I just wish the ride would include more 'top spins.'

I am probably going to get blasted for this, but here goes. My choice is "The Beast". Now, I love this ride to death! I really really do! But is just to darn over rated in my books. It is a sweet ride, but there is really nothing special to it when you look at it as a whole. When you look at the ride from the sky, the layout looks pretty darn boring! Just my opinion!

Bill

I am probably going to get blasted for this, but here goes.  My choice is "The Beast".  Now, I love this ride to death!  I really really do!  But is just to darn over rated in my books.  It is a sweet ride, but there is really nothing special to it when you look at it as a whole.  When you look at the ride from the sky, the layout looks pretty darn boring!  Just my opinion!

Bill

Most rides seem pretty boring from an aerial view. Shivering Timbers looks like a straight line from the sky, but it's an incredible ride.

You've ridden (and I assume like) The Beast...so you know how great the out of control speed, the dark tunnels with their roar, and even what is considered by many to be the best finale ever...can't really be appreciated from a satellite pic. Granted, the ride was more insane before the trim brakes were installed...but it is still deserving of accolades, IMHO.

I voted Tomb Raider, because the media made such a big deal of it, and because it was indoors, it was a mystery as to what it was. I rode it one time, and I must say, the best part about the ride is waiting in line. All of the scenery is good, but the ride stinks.

Exactly what i'm thinking.

The most over rated ride is not even listed to vote (The Beast).

QUOTE (bwware @ Apr 30 2004, 01:13 PM)

I am probably going to get blasted for this, but here goes.  My choice is "The Beast".  Now, I love this ride to death!  I really really do!  But is just to darn over rated in my books.  It is a sweet ride, but there is really nothing special to it when you look at it as a whole.  When you look at the ride from the sky, the layout looks pretty darn boring!  Just my opinion!

Bill

I am seriously offended... The Beast is far from over rated. No other coaster can touch The Beast, it's still the third longest coaster in the world. There's no other coaster designed even closely like it; the tunnels, quick dip, second lift, and the helix are all incredible design elements. By the way I have never seen an aireal picture of a roller coaster that made me want to go out and ride it. If anything, Beast has a great aireal photo because it's the only way you can see the whole thing. If you think The Beast is over rated then you know nothing about roller coasters.

I think the most over rated ride is TR:TR. Delirium and The Beast deserve all the hype about them, they really are that good, but I just don't think TR is very fun at all. The theming is good, but I don't like the ride. When you go upside down, there are no forces on you so all your weight is on the restraint, which protrudes a little farther than it should between your legs.

I am probably going to get blasted for this, but here goes. My choice is "The Beast". Now, I love this ride to death! I really really do! But is just to darn over rated in my books. It is a sweet ride, but there is really nothing special to it when you look at it as a whole. When you look at the ride from the sky, the layout looks pretty darn boring! Just my opinion!

Bill

who said the track layout had anything to do with how a ride is?

the next time i think im going to see if a rollercoaster is overrated i will get in a chopper take a look at the aerial view and see if it is overated or not. that makes a lot of sense

Your opinion sucks

I do prefer Son of Beast over The Beast, yes. If Son of Beast was not as rough as it is, it would be a great ride. Easily one of the best rides in the country but because of the abuse it puts on it's riders it gets a bad rep. It isn't fair. The Beast is just flat our boreing. 2 hills, a helix and then the ride is over. Hell, the train is more exciting than that. Just my opinion though. You don't have to like it, even though it is right biggrin.gif

There's no "what-if"'s when talking about the best. Son of Beast is just speed, and the speed doesn't seem to have the same effect as with Beast. Son of Beast has no trees or anything to make it seem fast. And there's no point in just wasting the ride away and dragging it out like Son of Beast. Sure Beast is mostly "2 hills and a helix" as you may claim, but those 2 hills and a helix is better than the other rides.

Your opinion sucks

And with that in mind, I leave this web site without ever looking back! Some one asked us for our opinion and I gave mine and I get THAT in return? Nice!

On a side note, I wanna thank all of you that I have become friends with from this site. YOU guys know who you are and you really are what this site is all about. Sorry it had to end this way! Keep in touch!

This site is just way to darn childish for my liking! Let me know when it is safe to come back here and NOT get blasted for giving my opinion!

Your opinion sucks

And with that in mind, I leave this web site without ever looking back! Some one asked us for our opinion and I gave mine and I get THAT in return? Nice!

On a side note, I wanna thank all of you that I have become friends with from this site. YOU guys know who you are and you really are what this site is all about. Sorry it had to end this way! Keep in touch!

This site is just way to darn childish for my liking! Let me know when it is safe to come back here and NOT get blasted for giving my opinion!

Good job Derrick, see what you did? haha!

No seriously, if you ask me, leaving a message saying your leaving and never posting again is more childish then anything. Just my 2 cents.

Good job Derrick, see what you did? haha!

No seriously, if you ask me, leaving a message saying your leaving and never posting again is more childish then anything. Just my 2 cents.

Walking away is never childish. He is being the bigger man. If he lashed back, he would get himself in some sort of trouble. Maybe a warning or a banning, who knows. But, if it were you, nothing would become of the situation.