Jump to content
BoddaH1994

Another 2019 refurbishment that no one is talking about

Recommended Posts

Has anyone else noticed that the people “trapped” in Flight of Fear as well as the ceiling have had their lighting upgraded? The ceiling does kind of a faded chase thing that looks really good. The ride is still a long way from 1996 but still - quite an improvement!

4FA75D7B-7B85-409E-856A-7C65E27EB953.jpeg

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The faded chase effect was there last year, not sure when it was added. Unless there has been some change to it, haven't made it on FoF yet this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, matt112986 said:

The faded chase effect was there last year, not sure when it was added. Unless there has been some change to it, haven't made it on FoF yet this year.

All of the lighting was replaced. It’s a new effect. It’s more of a fade than a chase.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they never replace that way-too-long pre-ride video with that Pauly Shore looking dude in it that is so very 1990's, I'll be happy.  It plays like a B-grade X-Files episode :)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

There are also now flat screen TVs in the queue.  Were those there last year?

Yes, they were there last year.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Theoutdoorkid107 said:

@Magenta Lizard are you at the park right now? If so, how’s the crowd 

I’m here for a little. Not terribly crowded. Lots of school groups. Many rides won’t open until later. At least the rain stopped.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5E105791-8BE9-406E-AC2A-E8FE2D5E069D.thumb.jpeg.b768d5eaae6435084b4ca6dc8ddf4e89.jpeg
another nice new addition

Nice... Although I still maintain that if they can do wait times and update show times in the app, they could also update restaurant open /closed status within the app.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously cannot get a picture, but the brake run tunnels on The Racer got repainted! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Obviously cannot get a picture, but the brake run tunnels on The Racer got repainted! 

Noticed that yesterday! So happy to not have to look at gum, spit, and dried vomit while waiting there (for now).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Noticed that yesterday! So happy to not have to look at gum, spit, and dried vomit while waiting there (for now).

Here's my emoji for this sentence. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I noticed this today before boarding Bat...

BE3A1359-C8E9-422D-80B3-1EA3F1CE41D3.jpeg

EDIT for clarification: I am talking about the naming of the train/seats in white above and towards the back left of the car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the Scrambler got a new coat of paint this year. Or is this just me mixing up my years? I remember it being purple, silver, and green, and now it is blue with silver cars and purple and green detailing. Even my friend who worked on the Monster, Dodgems, and Scrambler for 6-7 years noticed the change this year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LondonFreak said:

It looks like the Scrambler got a new coat of paint this year. Or is this just me mixing up my years? I remember it being purple, silver, and green, and now it is blue with silver cars and purple and green detailing. Even my friend who worked on the Monster, Dodgems, and Scrambler for 6-7 years noticed the change this year....

Scrambler got its current paint job for the 2016 season. It was yellow before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Scrambler got its current paint job for the 2016 season. It was yellow before.

Thank you! The paint still looked super vibrant and newer than three years old. Then again, like I said before, I could just be mixing up my years at the park. I have been there so many times in the past 12 years, that they all blend together! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The painting of seat/train numbers (in white) towards the back of the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw on someone's insta story that they added more beast prints on the pavement! Idk how long they've been there now but they weren't there when I was on Saturday! I love how they're still adding new stuff almost a month into the season 

   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kayla_Uzlik said:

I just saw on someone's insta story that they added more beast prints on the pavement! Idk how long they've been there now but they weren't there when I was on Saturday! I love how they're still adding new stuff almost a month into the season.

They were added in the last few days.

 

Are these new signs on the train? I don't remember seeing them last season.

20190518_104339.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember them there last season either.  I saw a pic of the Dodgem on Twitter, can't find it now,  but it was from yesterday at Coasterstock.  Looked like a new sign,  maybe someone can take a pic and post it if its new?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't remember them there last season either.  I saw a pic of the Dodgem on Twitter, can't find it now,  but it was from yesterday at Coasterstock.  Looked like a new sign,  maybe someone can take a pic and post it if its new?  
Here is a pic of the Dodgem sign taken on Saturday during Coasterstock. Not for sure if it is new.cd8627f548e57bece6d6de3cf9a7a8ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, m2raptor said:

Here is a pic of the Dodgem sign taken on Saturday during Coasterstock. Not for sure if it is new.cd8627f548e57bece6d6de3cf9a7a8ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

Not sure if the sign is new but the lighting system is new for Dogem. The lights looks similar (they may be the same, I’m not sure) but the control system has been upgraded. You may notice that the patterns and stuff it can do are a little bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, m2raptor said:

Here is a pic of the Dodgem sign taken on Saturday during Coasterstock. Not for sure if it is new.cd8627f548e57bece6d6de3cf9a7a8ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
 

I think that I remember seeing those lights being used during Haunt last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kayla_Uzlik said:

I think that I remember seeing those lights being used during Haunt last season 

They’ve had lights there for a year or two. The system was upgraded this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...