First walk of shame!

Bansheelover

Tonight after the rainstorms the the eldest daughter and I went to Kings Island. We rode The Beast twice, and then turned our attention to the Diamondback. After enjoying three rides, we decided to go for a fourth ride on the Diamondback.  Being a 6’3” 250 lbs individual I am able to ride all the rides at KI. This time however I did not sit in my seat right, and didn’t push my restraint down correctly. So comes over am employee, he tried multiple times to get me in, and then told me I could go ride The Bat or Vortex as they are more likely to accommodate my size. I told him I had just rode this, and never had a problem, but I’ve never had the walk. So I can put that on my list of Park accomplishments.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I’m sorry to hear this.

If you are on the cusp sometimes how you sit or what you’re wearing affects whether or not the ride can accommodate you. It’s worth trying again. 

It was exactly how I sat. I sat really low causing the the restraints to hit me farther up my thighs. Usually I sit really tall, and it’s lower. I laughed it off, and will ride it again next time. 

I'm sorry to hear this as well, Bansheelover.

I knew that I gained some weight over the offseason so I tried the test seat at Diamondback on Friday and did not get a green light, however I should have tried the ride itself. I've had situations where I've tried the test seat (Lightning Rod and Millennium Force) and it's been a NO however I was fine when I got to the station. 

Me and the GF are planning to go to Carowinds in a couple of weeks so I'm going to do the best I can in regards to eating better and exercising. In my situation, if I truly cannot ride Diamondback, then I won't be able to ride Fury 325 again when we go. I'll be back at KI in a couple of weeks and will try the actual ride itself. 

This was me 3 years ago opening day 2016. I lost about 10 pounds and was able to start riding again with multiple pushes. Steel vengeance being a walk of shame is what motivated me to really lose weight.

I peaked at 335-340 in early 2016. As late as August 2018 I weighed in at 332 pounds. As of right now I weigh in at 270. I'm 6"6 which really helps and very evenly proportioned. I'm able to fit on everything at the park without hassle.

Wear really thin shorts. That should really help make the difference.

Coming in and not having to be stapled to ride is such a reward. I can even buckle myself into Banshee now.

• Like 4

Saw you working last week when I was getting my youngest son his new pass.  I never would have guessed you were 270 despite your height, you looked like a slender 240 at most.  Congrats on all the hard work.
Apologies for not saying hi! If it was Saturday that was a busy day Haha. I personally think that its partly because I have muscle underneath the fat. But the fat needs to be gone! Haha. People say that to me all the time that I dont look like I weigh as much as I do.

23 hours ago, Honorarius said:

Don't forget that sometimes a little extra bulk in your pockets can make a difference... I've seen the difference between someone fitting and not fitting be a wallet in a thigh pocket...

I definitely get that! Since putting everything in my cargo shorts pockets (In past years, I’ve wore a fanny pack), I’ve noticed I’ve gained some extra “girth” when fitting into rides.