You choose the ride...

CaviMan2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t think Adventure Express is going anywhere. It is still one of the highest capacity rides in the park

It has high capacity, but I hardly ever see anyone in line for it or riding it.

I've only heard of it being down once this year. (TR:TR)

By the way, this year(season) just began. You can't say it's reliable this year when it's this early.

If I had to pick an attraction, I would say Congo Falls. What a waste!

Edited by PKI Homey

I agree with a lot of you on this topic. Congo Falls is a waste of water and power, because there are times when people don't want to be riding it, say, April or November?

Tr: Tr, because it's not my cup of tea. I don't like rides that hang you upside down, then up, then down, then up.... you get the idea.

I don't think water maze is a ride, is it?

1. Sunday was Gold Pass BAFFD, it doesn't count, Sparky! Heck, Gun was out near the tunnel Sunday, an occasion that happens about once every cicada period.

2. Short lines don't mean unpopular. Have you ever considered that Top Gun is a much shorter ride than SOB, or that Express is shorter than Beast. Vortex usually doesn't have much of a line either - but it is still very popular.

3. Even after that, my vote goes to Express (plese don't shoot me Drew!). At the very least move it if you can. I consider Express to be a kiddie ride. It has only a 44" height requirement and only goes about 35 mph. Kidde rides belong in HB, not AZ.

I agree with a lot of you on this topic. Congo Falls is a waste of water and power

You obviously didn't see the massive line it had on Sunday.

Nah, Sparky, I wasn't there Sunday. But note, I said that because there are times when Congo runs empty for hours on end, like during November and April.

I consider Express to be a kiddie ride. It has only a 44" height requirement and only goes about 35 mph. Kidde rides belong in HB, not AZ.

I agree with ya, man. I may not consider racer to be a kiddie ride, but I still think that Adventureland Express is meant for kids. (Although it scared the heck out of me when I was little, and it still does...) But where would you put a ride of that magnitude? It's bigger than The Beastie, and that most of HB is filled with happy smiles and bright colors. I don't think that Adventureland express quite fits in with the theme... It probably belongs in Rivertown more than AZ.

man coasterRZ you are really ripping on everyones ideas. this is you choose the ride not coasterRZ defend why the park would not take out the following rides. viking ship can have a high capacity but there is hardly anyone on it.

but for me i would take out TRTR because you could put a nice coaster out that way. and in the past TRTR has been known for being down a lot. i havent heard about TRTR this year.

I wasn`t ripping everyone`s ideas. I was merely stating my opinion on the subject. I am sorry if I offended you.

I do agree that Adventure Express is border line kiddie coaster. However, I also agree with the fact that it wouldn`t fit in Nick or Hanna Barbera Land. While it is possible to move coasters, it would be hard with Adventure Express because of its use of the hillside it was built on. Most of the land over by Nick and HB is relatively flat.

I do agree that Adventure Express is border line kiddie coaster.

I agree. I can see where people would view it as a border line kiddie coaster because of the lack of drops and lack of speed, but I don't see why people would want to take it out. It actually has a very high capacity but it is also a very short ride and it was my first big coaster as a kid.

YOU ALL are WAY WRONG about Congo Falls...its is a great ride...not the ride it self but the bridge...its a great place in the middle of Action Zone to cool off. I was there Saturday (5/10) and it was hot as could be...we would have left if it wouldnt have been for us standing on the bridge and getting soaked and it cooling us down...its great if you dont want to walk all the way from Action Zone or coney to Boomerang and its an easy way to cool off smile.gif

I wouoldn`t loose Drop Zone.  It is the one ride that still frightens me every time I ride it when I get to the top.  I`ve riden it dozens and dozens of times, but I still get sweaty hands when we get to the top.  Perhaps it is because you are so high above the concrete below.  I just find that ride to be one that hasn`t lost any of its thrill factor, regardless of how many times I`ve riden it.

I agree. I have riden it at least 20 times this year...and i still wanna crap myself when we get to the top. It's the only thing that causes a pit in my stomach and I get the same feeling each time, hasn't lost any thrill factor in my opinion. DZ would be a bad choice to remove IF we did have to remove something

Are you refering to the Viking Ship? True, it might not be that exciting when compared to Delirium, but it is still a fun ride. Also, I believe that the Viking Ship has a fairly high capacity, and can fit 77 people per ride cycle.

When was the last time you saw ship full? I have not seen it full.... EVER so uh yea

Ok I'm done bashing Topgun now...so time to move on to the next ride of choice to bash and burn. AE, hmmm, move it or burn it. Yes it is high capacity and yes i know it broke 10000 riders in a day, but it doesn't deserve to be in AZ. Its requirement is 44 inches and use to be 42. Oh heres another thing, I know i said AE was better than gun but I didnt realize how wrong i was until i rode AE. Wow is it horrible, I had just heard it was good until friday when i rode it on my school field trip. Im sorry that i ever said AE was better than gun because that is the biggest lie to ever come out of my mouth

Ok I'm done bashing Topgun now...so time to move on to the next ride of choice to bash and burn. AE, hmmm, move it or burn it. Yes it is high capacity and yes i know it broke 10000 riders in a day, but it doesn't deserve to be in AZ. Its requirement is 44 inches and use to be 42. Oh heres another thing, I know i said AE was better than gun but I didnt realize how wrong i was until i rode AE. Wow is it horrible, I had just heard it was good until friday when i rode it on my school field trip. Im sorry that i ever said AE was better than gun because that is the biggest lie to ever come out of my mouth

AE is in Octoberfest, but if you work there it is under AZ

I have seen a full viking ship this season. Every row was full, however the line that remained was for the highest seats on each side. Also, in 2001 or 2002, there was actually about a ten minute line for it and they had two of the queue lines open. I`m sure on BAFFD, the line for that ride is long. On busy days, the fact that it can seat 77 people helps the line move quicker.

I have seen a full viking ship this season. Every row was full, however the line that remained was for the highest seats on each side. Also, in 2001 or 2002, there was actually about a ten minute line for it and they had two of the queue lines open. I`m sure on BAFFD, the line for that ride is long. On busy days, the fact that it can seat 77 people helps the line move quicker.

it happens but i think the point everyone is trying to get at is that it almost never happens.

AE is definitley in octoberfest, and has been rated the number one mine train in america next to Disney Worlds mine train ride. It is consistently the most ridden ride every year...so what is so bad about it?

Are you refering to the Viking Ship?  True, it might not be that exciting when compared to Delirium, but it is still a fun ride.  Also, I believe that the Viking Ship has a fairly high capacity, and can fit 77 people per ride cycle.

When was the last time you saw ship full? I have not seen it full.... EVER so uh yea

Ok one more thing. Ship can hold 84 people, and it constantly has full ships every single day from about 1130-130. On busy days...it does a full ship almost every cycle until close. On average...during peak time where you are sending full ships..the wait is about 15 minutes...especially for the higher seats. so uh yea

Time for da ninja to put in his .02.

I think that Top Gun and Adventure Express should stay. I really think everything should stay, but if I had to pick it'd be WaterMaze, it is a good cool off, but it's a good spot for other things. My second choice would be probably Viking Fury, it also has a good spot for other attractions, but I say keep it all.

Top gun's a nice smooth ride, in fact, one of the smoothest RC's we have in the park. Maybe the line is a long way to walk, but so what? WWC has a long way to walk for their q(I feel bad for the ride ops over there at closing time.) My point is, don't take out Gun, it's still a cool ride.