Kids get in free this spring

Colonel_SoB_fan

Don't believe so and I must say this is pretty crappy for us pass holders. Cedar Point offers a pre-k pass for FREE. But Kings Island seems to want to help out non pass holders more? Not trying to complain but that's a bad business plan I spend about $800 every season on 2 platinum passes with upgrades and still have to buy a pass or ticket for my child, but someone can buy a $52 ticket or whatever the price is and their kid gets in free?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Testing the waters for a pre-k pass?

I wish they would. If they aren't gonna let pass holders enjoy this benefit then I won't buy my kid a pass or ticket for KI this year. I will just take him to Cedar Point. My wife and I will of course still visit KI but no happy at all if they don't include pass holders.

2 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Don't believe so and I must say this is pretty crappy for us pass holders. Cedar Point offers a pre-k pass for FREE. But Kings Island seems to want to help out non pass holders more? Not trying to complain but that's a bad business plan I spend about $800 every season on 2 platinum passes with upgrades and still have to buy a pass or ticket for my child, but someone can buy a $52 ticket or whatever the price is and their kid gets in free?

I agree with you. Someone who is a pass holder like most of us on this forum spends a lot more on the park than others. We buy drink plans and dining plans and lots of other extra things you don’t see a 1 day a year visitor buying. So they reward us for spending our money on them by letting regular ticket people bring their kids in for free? This just doesn’t sound right.

• Like 2

This is an incentive to get the adults to purchase tickets who do not already have passes (and then to spend money in the park once they are in). 

More parks than just Cedar Point have the Pre-K pass.  I believe Carowinds, Kings Dominion and several of the legacy parks have them now.  Fortunately, my son is still 2 until almost the end of December, so we don`t need a pass for him for this year, but we will need one for him next year...

• Like 1

Everything is becoming more and more fine grained in terms of ticket deals, passes, etc.  Note that this deal is only good through June 15th.  That means it has minimal impact on Soak City, which I would argue is a major reason many families buy season passes.  They are trying to drive family attendance in the early part of the season with this deal.

I personally don't think they will ever offer the pre-K pass at Kings Island.  We don't have the season pass numbers (obviously), but with an included water park and the "World's Best Kids Area", I would think they are doing quite well when it comes to selling passes to pre-K families.  The number of new families getting passes because of the deal would have to outweigh the lost revenue from existing families with pre-K kids.    

I’m kind of confused as to what people think this promotion would even entail if it was offered to season passholders... if you got a pass you just get to bring your kid free until halfway through June? After that you’d still need to buy them a pass to come with you the rest of the season...

Kings Island has arguably one of the best children’s areas in the business. People already complain about how busy it gets. For the savings to you of $100 for an entire season would you be willing for the lines to be four times as long AND the park get zero dollars for improvements from that traffic, in fact losing money they’d have gotten from any of the kids who had been getting passes every year?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I’m kind of confused as to what people think this promotion would even entail if it was offered to season passholders... if you got a pass you just get to bring your kid free until halfway through June? After that you’d still need to buy them a pass to come with you the rest of the season...
Kings Island has arguably one of the best children’s areas in the business. People already complain about how busy it gets. For the savings to you of $100 for an entire season would you be willing for the lines to be four times as long AND the park get zero dollars for improvements from that traffic, in fact losing money they’d have gotten from any of the kids who had been getting passes every year?
But say we have family members who could visit for free if we weren't passholders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you weren’t a passholder, they still couldn’t come for free though. They could only visit for free if they were under four feet, and if you spent half the price of a season pass on your ticket... There is nothing barring you from bringing an extra adult /and/ child at that price if you wish.

There are already several deals that allow season passholders to bring in friends (of any height) at greatly reduced prices. There is zero reason for them to allow passholders to bring extra children absolutely free. And believe me, everyone would be complaining about how crowded Planet Snoopy was if they did. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

If you weren’t a passholder, they still couldn’t come for free though. They could only visit for free if they were under four feet, and if you spent half the price of a season pass on your ticket... There is nothing barring you from bringing an extra adult /and/ child at that price if you wish.

There are already several deals that allow season passholders to bring in friends (of any height) at greatly reduced prices. There is zero reason for them to allow passholders to bring extra children absolutely free. And believe me, everyone would be complaining about how crowded Planet Snoopy was if they did. 

You are correct!

2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Some of us only bring children a few times a year, maybe this would have been a good time for those guests? No doubt they have a great children's area, not arguing that. Do you know for a fact lines would be 4 times as long? I don't think so, My kid mainly rides the train as he isn't tall enough for most rides and still unsure about them. The last statement I think is hilarious cause many of us spend money in the park, so your saying that ALL those guests bringing children for the free deal won't buy a single thing???

9 minutes ago, spooky21 said:

Some of us only bring children a few times a year, maybe this would have been a good time for those guests? No doubt they have a great children's area, not arguing that. Do you know for a fact lines would be 4 times as long? I don't think so, My kid mainly rides the train as he isn't tall enough for most rides and still unsure about them. The last statement I think is hilarious cause many of us spend money in the park, so your saying that ALL those guests bringing children for the free deal won't buy a single thing???

Good rebuttal,  now I'm lost on what to think

KI doesn’t need the Pre K pass IMO. Planet Snoopy is already always busy so it wouldn’t make sense business wise. It would probably be twice as busy as it is now. Yes Cedar Point has pre K pass however whenever I’m there the kiddie areas are almost never busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fair points made on both sides however...

What I'm bemused as to why there is outrage to this consdering they don't have to make any offer in the first place, and just because one group is positively affected (in this case, non-pass holders) does not necessarily mean another (pass holders) is ill-affected...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BeastForever said:

Fair points made on both sides however...

What I'm bemused as to why there is outrage to this consdering they don't have to make any offer in the first place, and just because one group is positively affected (in this case, non-pass holders) does not necessarily mean another (pass holders) is ill-affected...

Agreed! 

I also feel as if passholders get the better deal, they get more perks and the like.

• Like 1