Will I have a hard time riding rides at the park?

EmilySuzanne888

Hello, 

I apologize in advance for the stupid question, but this is my first time going to Kings Island. 

I have gained some weight since having children and I’m concerned I won’t fit in the rides. I do fit in all of Cedar Points roller coaster seats but I’m not sure how King’s Islands seats compare? 

I’m 5 foot 3 and 168 pounds. 

My hips are 34 inches, stomach is 40 inches, my waist is 29 inches and I’m a 36 DD bra size. 

My husbands a 42 waist and his stomach is 49 inches. Will he fit? 

I attached a photo of myself for reference. 

Again, I apologize. 

Thank you!

-Emily

CC253889-7DF1-4FC6-844E-597F537E4343.jpeg

If you fit on everything at Cedar Point, you will generally be able to fit on everything at Kings Island no problem. Your husband, on the other hand, may have trouble on Diamondback, Banshee, and Flight of Fear. Everyone is different though. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Banshee has roomier restrains in row 4 and 5. I would request those rows and see how that goes too. 

Drop tower might be a no go,  but overall I think you guys will be fine. Have fun and hope you report back how things went.

Welcome to KIC!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EmilySuzanne888 said:

Thank you everyone! I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow evening! I’m very excited! 

You will be fine. I am same height as you and also had a baby recently but I'm 20 lbs heavier and fit everything with no issues at all 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EmilySuzanne888 said:

Hello, 

I apologize in advance for the stupid question, but this is my first time going to Kings Island. 

I have gained some weight since having children and I’m concerned I won’t fit in the rides. I do fit in all of Cedar Points roller coaster seats but I’m not sure how King’s Islands seats compare? 

I’m 5 foot 3 and 168 pounds. 

My hips are 34 inches, stomach is 40 inches, my waist is 29 inches and I’m a 36 DD bra size. 

My husbands a 42 waist and his stomach is 49 inches. Will he fit? 

I attached a photo of myself for reference. 

Again, I apologize. 

Thank you!

-Emily

CC253889-7DF1-4FC6-844E-597F537E4343.jpeg

As a female with a large chest size as well, I am going to forewarn you that Banshee's restraints can get extremely tight in the chest. This only tends to happen right as it returns to the brakes right before the station. This tends to happen when it is extremely hot out as well. Hope this helps out!  According to your picture and descriptions, you are roughly the same body type as myself. I do not have any issues other than the restraints on Banshee tightening throughout the ride on extremely hot days! Hope this helps! Enjoy KI tomorrow!  

• Thanks 1

I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn’t have an issue on any ride! My husband didn’t either. The only issue I had was that I’m pretty short and when I went on Vortex my head was smacked around like crazy (my face was almost level to the handles). I absolutely loved Diamondback! I also had the craziest experience on the Drop Tower.

I ended up going on it alone because nobody else wanted to. It went to the top and sat there  (like I had watched it do with the previous group of people) but after 5 minutes we were all still waiting and nothing. Everybody up there was asking each other what was going on and is this normal. Ten minutes or so later we hear over the speaker that there are technical difficulties and that maintenance would be coming over. I couldn’t see what was going on down below because of how high we were so it was basically a waiting game. Another 20 minutes went by according to someone with a watch, when the lady came on the speaker to tell us that they were going to lower the ride and to brace ourselves, hold on and keep our heads back because it could drop. Luckily it just went down smoothly and didn’t have any issues. It made for an interesting day. 

Overall we had a great time, the roller coasters were amazing and so much! The food was also pretty great and the park was very clean! I can’t wait to go back!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Honorarius said:

I have a fear that I will end up in that situation and then feel the need for a restroom...

Now there is a legitimate fear!! 

Glad to hear OP got to ride everything in the park. I fortunately am down quite a few inches, and quite a few pounds this year, so hopefully I'll be able to ride some things more comfortably than in years past!!