DCA to open up a Marvel themed land

If only we could see this in Orlando. Universal has Marvel locked up TIGHT. It’s disappointing to me because Marvel Superhero Island can’t really change and Disney can’t do anything with the Marvel properties east of the Mississippi. I highly doubt Universal will ever let go of that property, but I kind of wish that they would. Disney has so much potential with a whole area themed to Marvel, it could be like Galaxy’s edge. 

52 minutes ago, Sorner said:

If only we could see this in Orlando. Universal has Marvel locked up TIGHT. It’s disappointing to me because Marvel Superhero Island can’t really change and Disney can’t do anything with the Marvel properties east of the Mississippi. I highly doubt Universal will ever let go of that property, but I kind of wish that they would. Disney has so much potential with a whole area themed to Marvel, it could be like Galaxy’s edge. 

It'll happen. 

Two possibilities:

1) Comcast makes some major acquisition that includes some valuable IPs.  With this Disney/Fox merger, that precedent makes it look likely.  They would want a theme that benefits them rather than their competitors across town.

2) Disney shells out the $$$$ to Comcast to make it happen.  It's Disney.  If they want to do it they'll find a way.

Have Disney shell out the money and have Universal snatch up the rights to DC.

I think Disney has done an EXTREMELY poor job with Marvel so far though. Mission Breakout is a good ride but that's because it's a retheme of a great ride and now is just Thematically terrible. Other than that, they have a Star Tours Marvel ride and a bad Buzz Lightyear shooter ride retheme... I guess we'll see what happens with this, but it's not been great so far.

And now it looks like the Spiderman ride is going to be a TSMM knock off. 

Disney has the opportunity to show what they can do with Marvel Superheroes in DCA. I think when they are done, people will not be asking for them to get the rights back from Universal.