Cirque

anne1981

Here's your answer

Back by popular demand! Prepare to be mesmerized by the acrobatic performances in a show guests of all ages will enjoy, "Gravity" featuring an incredible showcase of strength, balance and athleticism. You'll want to see this show more than once!

• VENUE
    Kings Island Theater
  • RUN DATES
    May 24 - August 18
  • M, T, TH, F, SUN
    3PM, 5PM, 7PM
  • SAT
    1:30PM, 3:30PM, 5PM, 7PM

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/shows/gravity

• Like 1

Has anyone heard if they will have three performances on Fri for the opening? I know last year they only had one performance and I can't seem to find anything that actually lists it except for the generic days/times on KI's website.

15 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Just for you, they will do three shows Friday:P...Actually they will let anyone at the park that day in to see it unless it reaches capacity....and you may recognize two more than Kayla mentioned...

Yeah, the two purple dudes. I would say their names but I don't remember how to spell them lol. 2 more days! Can't wait!  

Hey all, not sure if this is the right thread to discuss thoughts of this year's show, but I saw my first three shows of the season yesterday (Saturday) and generally enjoyed it. To those that say that this year's show is similar to last years, they are right. There are a few things that are changed here and there, but for the most part, it's the same show as last year. The best way to explain this is to talk about Pokémon Sun and Moon and Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Aside from new things like a different Pokedex and a few new features, Utra Sun/Moon are basically the exact same games as Sun and Moon. In that context, this year of Gravity is basically the first year's Gravity, but with some minor changes and ways of doing things.

That new stuff includes...

Spoiler

A new lead Astronaut (who is still known as "Phil" for some reason), A new song during the Addas brother's flipping routine, different lighting and some differences in choreography.

Also, during the first show of the season, I got sad at the end as there were a few things that seemed like callbacks to Origins and Imagine.

• Like 1

I gotta say, this season of Gravity is starting to grow on me... I attended the 5 o'clock show today and it was great! It's only Opening Weekend and the cast seems to be settling in nicely; this can only mean good things for the next few months! B)

E3715D15-64B7-4CD5-AF43-9F176D6CF078.jpeg

woot!

I’ve noticed there is new lighting on the stage this year, some of them projecting lights that I assume are similar to what they use to make spinning candy canes, etc at Winterfest. They move around quite a bit and sometimes look like they would be extremely distracting and annoying for the performers, but I guess they’re used to them. They do add a lot to the show. 

I’m definitely not certain about it, but it also sounds to me like the sound system may have been upgraded. 

I liked the song they used to use for the purple guys’ act, but the new one fits the tone of the rest of the show much better. It is Pint of the Black Stuff by Blunt and James  Wrigley 

We saw our GRAVITY! first show of 2019 on Sunday (5PM). Enjoyed it. Small change, but mostly the same.

Is the pre-show entertainment a thing of the past? With the two purple guys? Our kids definitely missed that (it helped occupy them while waiting for the show to begin).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 6:05 PM, Kayla_Uzlik said:

But can we just touch up on how unexpected it was when Ariane got straight up CHUCKED INTO THE AIR?! I keep on forgetting about this when I'm in the theater watching the show and it startles me every time lol

Which part of the show does this happen? I don't know who the different characters are. We saw it for the first time last week and there were a couple hiccups in the performance so I don't know if I saw what you described.

23 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

This is what it looks like:

1280x7683E2AECFD-245F-49B9-AA39-2396D26522BA.jpeg

I saw it today and they didn't toss her nearly this high! I was waiting for it and it did not look like this. Also a bicycle trick guy at the beginning didn't land on his bike. He was way up in the air and fell hard straight onto the floor with a sickening thud. I was really afraid for him. He was okay and finished the show.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I got to see the sensory-friendly show (for Autism Awareness) and I think it was probably the best show I've seen all season. Because it's a stripped down show with the lights turned up and the fog/stage lights removed, you can actually see the detail put into the set (picture below). Like, did you know that the spaceship is gold in some parts? I didn't! Also, it really allows the cast's skillset (whether impressive gymnastics or acting) to shine as they are more visible without all the fog and lights. I did see the "full" show at 3:00 (it was much louder lol) and enjoyed it (and maybe even a bit more because I now appreciate what goes into Gravity), but there's just something about that stripped-down show that made it really special and unique (plus, I'm sure it helped those that benefitted from the set adjustments to enjoy the show that much more :)).

Gravity lights on (sensory friendly show).JPG

I'm not even special needs and would have preferred the sensory-friendly show. I saw Gravity twice and swore never again. I thought my eardrums were going to burst. It was so unnecessarily LOUD. Especially during that laser part, the music had my head vibrating.