Which Giga name will be coming to Kings Island

Cedar Fair Fanboy

Choose one.  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally think either names would make sense for a giga towering over Coney Mall considering the original plans were to rebuild Old Coney Island's Shooting Star before going with  Racer instead (and was considered once more before deciding on 'a terrain coaster' in Rivertown.

And there also used to be Haley's Comet, Zodiac, Flight Commander...

The celestial/sky theme works for me, but of the two I greatly perfer Orion, as a mythical hunter could also be tied into The Beast (which atm looks like it will come precariously close to).

• Like 2

The only reason I chose a SoB related name is because with the teasers last year even though that's a while gone now, I have an awesome name but GP probabaly have no clue what it means. The name is Outpost 425. That's just because i personally liked that name but reasonably I like Orion.

Other than that I would want Orion because of the hunter in mythology. And the deer related statement in a blog post that I'm sure yall have seen.

18 hours ago, OldieButGoodie said:

I just don't see star names for a new Giga. I'm scratchin' my head, and will accept ANY name on a GIGA, but those don't 'theme-out' in my head. 

Doesnt have to be spaced theme. Orion is a hunter.

17 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

People who picked a beast sequel. Why?

I posted why I did but I dont know about other people. I have reason though but I reasonably think Orion is a better name. Just look at my post.

I mean I loved that Beast Unleashed video @RuthlessAirtime made, so I'd definitely be down for something like that, but I'm also really intrigued by the name Orion. I do think it needs a little something more to it, but I'm actually kind of into it. I like the idea of another Space themed coaster at KI, and I'm just really excited to see what they do with it if that's the direction they go.

• Like 2

Just now, silver2005 said:

Part of me is thinking they might still do a Beast reference just to get the SOB crowd off their backs. 

Honestly I think it's a really good idea. There's some good history there. I'd find it pretty satisfying if they tied the new ride into the whole Beast thing. Summer 2020, The Beast...STRIKES....BACK

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Creed Bratton said:

lol...yeah I guess I'm in the minority on that one. I'm not saying they should do it for this ride, honestly I'm pretty sold on the idea of something themed more for X-Base. Shouldn't they eventually do it though? Yeah Son of Beast sucked, but it was a cool idea to tie another ride into The Beast mythology. Now I think it's an even better idea because of SOBs failure. The teaser trailer writes itself! Cedar Fair killed The Beasts son...and now it's ****ED.

11 hours ago, ldhudsonjr said:

lol...yeah I guess I'm in the minority on that one. I'm not saying they should do it for this ride, honestly I'm pretty sold on the idea of something themed more for X-Base. Shouldn't they eventually do it though? Yeah Son of Beast sucked, but it was a cool idea to tie another ride into The Beast mythology. Now I think it's an even better idea because of SOBs failure. The teaser trailer writes itself! Cedar Fair killed The Beasts son...and now it's ****ED.

To be honest, no I personally don't believe so. It was a dark part of the park's history. It needs to just die.

• Like 2

I wouldn't like a direct tie-in to The Beast, but I would like it to tie in with the theme of most of the adult coasters that are in the park.  I do think they all loosely fit together except the Backlot Junkyard Coaster, Invertigo and The Racer.  The Bat, Banshee, Adventure Express, Vortex, Flight of Fear, The Beast, Mystic Timbers, and Diamondback all something menacing behind them.  I'd love to see this continued, but not with some weird name like they did with Valravyn, or however it's spelled.  LOL

• Like 1

While that would be sorta cool lol, Orion is my pick as it sounds cool and there is some info about the name origin on the Decoding thread (Orion is a constellation and a hunter, etc). I also agree with the statement that Polaris could still be used in the area for a flat or something else (though in that case, I’d rather have Orion be the flat and Polaris be the coaster.

• Like 1

I answered custom because I believe the name will come out of left field like normal. These trademarked names have came up in the past (i.e. Mustang for Diamondback) that seem like they fit perfectly, but end up never happening. 

Maybe once signs start popping up like the Banshee signs I will change my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Here is a update.

Don did tease 2020 with the Gregorian calendar, Common era, And most importantly, "Anno Domini" Which means fighting.

So with that, the real name for our giga is called, "Orion"

You know that for 100% fact? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Yep this time.

So all of those other times you were some how wrong, but this time you are 100% right? Gotcha...seeing as they haven't announced a name...I'd guarantee you aren't 100% right. If you are going based off of what they've trademarked....Fury 325 should be named Centurion.

2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Are you as certain as you are that AD means “fighting”?

I don't think @Cedar Fair Fanboy knows that Anno Domini is AD which then translates to "in the year of our Lord." :D 

• Like 1

@Cedar Fair FanboyJust like with the Vekoma Madhouse, you have zero actually concrete evidence to stand on. So here is my suggestion, present it as an idea that you put together, not as a fact. Make it a maybe, not a definitely. Not trying to be harsh or mean, but this is how it should be done unless you have actually evidence. Just because a KI official teases something doesn’t mean it’s a “confirmed or official” anything, tease being the key word in this statement:).   @Creed Bratton Is right about Anno Domini meaning “The Year Of The Lord”. A google search proves this rather quickly, and my common sense is telling me we won’t have a coaster themed to Jesus for many reasons. So all in all, present it as a Maybe, not a Definitely. You can take this how you want. 

• Like 2