Which Giga name will be coming to Kings Island

Cedar Fair Fanboy

Choose one.  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am going with Polaris. Story line for me with it being where Firehawk was, in X-Base, and next to Outer Limits:

"We captured the ship and aliens that came to Kings Mill, now we want to see what other things we can do with the technology we learned. In the ship we found that it originated from Polaris system. Construction has begun on a mechanism to launch our own ship to the system to return the favor of invasion."

*Bonus points to Cedar Fair is the main hill points toward the North Star (Polaris)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think the Giga will be "Polaris" because 323' will be hill drop (just my theory).  Then they'll rename Flight of Fear to "Orion" so we'll have an all new space themed X-Base area.  Kind of like how they renamed "Flight Deck" to "The Bat" when they put in "Banshee"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rlentless said:

I think the Giga will be "Polaris" because 323' will be hill drop (just my theory).  Then they'll rename Flight of Fear to "Orion" so we'll have an all new space themed X-Base area.  Kind of like how they renamed "Flight Deck" to "The Bat" when they put in "Banshee"

What would be the benefit of renaming Flight of Fear? Would the theming be changed? If the name changes and not the theming people would still call it Flight of Fear. Its one of the coolest names for a coaster in my opinion

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

What would be the benefit of renaming Flight of Fear? Would the theming be changed? If the name changes and not the theming people would still call it Flight of Fear. Its one of the coolest names for a coaster in my opinion

I like "Flight of Fear" name too . . just speculating as to why they would register two names.  I know there could be a dozen reasons why.  I just see them wanting to re-theme the entire area to go along with the new Giga.  Actually I would not like a re-theme inside FOF . . just fine how it is.

You're right people will probably still call it "Flight of Fear".  I still call "The Bat" "Top Gun" sometimes.

I think it'll be Polaris. Even though I like Orion more, I've seen a few "teasers" indicating Polaris.

Flight of Fear should not be changed.

Also, On one of my FOF launches this week they said "Polaris or Orion" lol I thought it was cool to see them acknowledging the KIC rumors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

They've been dropping teasers at CP too. I seen a flyer on Facebook with strange wording. Like a telegraph just saying how Firehawk won't return to Xbase. No new info.

That being said, someone else was leaving CP and Polaris was put on a bridge. It was in the decoding thread somewhere.

I had teasers in quotes, you never know what's real and what's not.

I wanted to post this though. If they named the coaster Orion... Diamondback could be considered the "Serpent" and we'd have possibly one more cool themed coaster on the other side of the park? f6d674defe3b7e7e98387f5579a991a6.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nonamekate said:

They've been dropping teasers at CP too. I seen a flyer on Facebook with strange wording. Like a telegraph just saying how Firehawk won't return to Xbase. No new info.

That being said, someone else was leaving CP and Polaris was put on a bridge. It was in the decoding thread somewhere.

I had teasers in quotes, you never know what's real and what's not.

I wanted to post this though. If they named the coaster Orion... Diamondback could be considered the "Serpent" and we'd have possibly one more cool themed coaster on the other side of the park? f6d674defe3b7e7e98387f5579a991a6.jpg

Lol...that bridge has had that for quite some time....because well the Polaris Mall! 

• Like 4

Lol...that bridge has had that for quite some time....because well the Polaris Mall! 
Haha. Show's what I know. I like Orion, feels stronger and makes more sense to me. But it probably will be Polaris lol

• Like 3

I think the name will be Orion. 

Theories of why: 

Sky/Space theme goes with area 

Orion is a hunter, capable of ridding earth of all beasts (in some stories) 

Orion means “Light of Heaven” , ties into Anno  Domini

Constellation is believed to be facing the charge of a bull, but can easily be changed to the charge of a beast. 

Possible backstory: We were warned by the wailing of a Banshee, that soon death was coming to the family. Orion spread for a brief moment to kill a beast and we saw the end of SOB. Now Orion has come back to stay and take out the biggest Beast of them all. 

Polaris also ties into the sky/space theme, means “Polar Star”, and is the North Star. This just seems too generic imo.  

I would love a hybrid coaster in the likes of Steel Vengeance and themed to a resurrection of SOB, but not likely to happen. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

Me too! I think it’s better than Orion for a coaster. I get a more space-vibe from Polaris. 

As do I, I like both names but Polaris just has a special place in my heart haha. There used to be a concert venue in Columbus names Polaris Amphitheater.

• Like 3