CF Q1FY19 Conf Call (Loyalty Program)

The Q1 call is the least interesting of the year but it does she’s some light on the proposed loyalty program.

Good morning, Tim, and thanks for the question. With regard to loyalty, as we said in our prepared remarks, we're very excited about the ongoing evolution of the season pass program, which has driven our growth over the last several years. We really think the introduction of the new loyalty program will help our evolution from a transaction-based approach to one more that's relationship-based, and we believe that loyalty and rewards will play a key part of that program. We are deep in the development of that program, and about to roll out some of the test. So I don't want to steal the thunder from our marketing team, because they'd be very upset if I rolled it all right now and provide too much detail, but I will say that I think it'll be foundational and I'm very excited about what I think it can -- the impact it can have on our business. With regards to Knott's, Brian?”

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2019/05/08/cedar-fair-lp-fun-q1-2019-earnings-call-transcript.aspx

Reading the transcript right now but this line just jumped out at me.

Knott's is coming off a year where they did over just over 6 million people last year

That was stated by the CEO.  If that is an accurate number and not a transcription error, the estimates on attendance at the Cedar Fair parks from 3rd parties are completely wrong.  I have long been told by insiders the numbers from TEA are garbage but its nice getting some proof.  Because that puts their estimates off by more then 1.5 million.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

The Q1 call is the least interesting of the year but it does she’s some light on the proposed loyalty program.

Good morning, Tim, and thanks for the question. With regard to loyalty, as we said in our prepared remarks, we're very excited about the ongoing evolution of the season pass program, which has driven our growth over the last several years. We really think the introduction of the new loyalty program will help our evolution from a transaction-based approach to one more that's relationship-based, and we believe that loyalty and rewards will play a key part of that program. We are deep in the development of that program, and about to roll out some of the test. So I don't want to steal the thunder from our marketing team, because they'd be very upset if I rolled it all right now and provide too much detail, but I will say that I think it'll be foundational and I'm very excited about what I think it can -- the impact it can have on our business. With regards to Knott's, Brian?”

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2019/05/08/cedar-fair-lp-fun-q1-2019-earnings-call-transcript.aspx

maybe this one won't crash a server....