Kings Island Starts Daily Operations on 5/15/19

The time has finally come! On May 15th, Kings Island will begin their daily operating schedule for the 2020 season. The off-season, although very short now with Winterfest, still seems to drag on until we get to when the park is open daily. We are hoping that with daily operations comes sunny, warm days, which we have yet to see much of this spring. There are a lot of things to be excited about this season at Kings Island. This includes the revamp of International Street, the GlockenSpiel renovation, the addition of the Kings Mill's Antique Autos, Decoding the construction in X-Base, The Miami River Brewhouse, and celebrating The Beast's 40th anniversary!

The list of things to talk about on KIC (each item has a link to their respective thread) has been plentiful this spring. To kick off the first weekend of daily operations we have one of the biggest coaster events of the year, CoasterStock. This event gets more popular every year and has become one of the premiere enthusiast events of the year. KICentral members love this event and we can't wait to see everyone there! 

Talking with Chad Showalter, he says the park is very excited about a new event coming in 2019. "There’s a lot of excitement building for Grand Carnivale.  The more I learn about it, the more I believe it’s going to be an event our guests will want to experience more than once between June 15 and July 7.  While some details were announced earlier this year, there’s still more to talk about and we’ll be sharing more details shortly."

Tell us what is the most exciting change for you this season.

Here's to a great 2019 Kings Island season. We can't wait to see you on the midways and on the forums!

The KICentral Admin Team

20190427_101758.jpg

20190419_190150.jpg

20190420_121143.jpg

20190420_153432.jpg

20190419_182129.jpg

20190427_101740.jpg

• Like 7

8 hours ago, WhereDidBeastieGo said:

Any idea why the first two rows of parking on the southwest side of the big road sign are blocked again?  Is this just due to repaving needed in these aisles?

Got an official answer for you.

From Chad Showalter: "This time of year, we have a high number of teens that get dropped off / picked up at Passenger Drop Off by the Marquis sign.  When all of the parents come at the same time to pick them up, we often times need to open the yellow gates at Passenger Drop Off and direct cars into this area so they do not back up along Kings Island Drive."

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CoastersRZ said:

I have often wondered about this.  (It is typically like this during Haunt as well).  Good to know the reasoning behind it.

Not doubting his answer, but I know that years ago they blocked off rows 49 and 50 during Haunt and added that to Preferred Parking. I had wondered why they continued to do that at random times  and now I know.